PDA

View Full Version : The Temptations’ Paul Williams Commits Suicide [[True or False?)

test

marv2
08-22-2016, 08:20 PM
I found this interesting article and would love to know what you all think of this Motown tragedy:

http://raresoul.com/2012/08/17/the-temptations-paul-williams-commits-suicide/

arr&bee
08-22-2016, 08:57 PM
I don't know about this marv,paul had some personal demons such as his affair with the lady who worked for the supremes as well as his failing business venture,i think that his not getting leads after david took over was one of the reasons he started drinking, stu knew paul and i think that maybe he could shed some light on this.

marv2
08-22-2016, 09:35 PM
I don't know about this marv,paul had some personal demons such as his affair with the lady who worked for the supremes as well as his failing business venture,i think that his not getting leads after david took over was one of the reasons he started drinking, stu knew paul and i think that maybe he could shed some light on this.

You're referring to Florence Ballard's niece, Winnie. I know the background story that we were given, but I also find it hard to believe some of it. Also, Paul [[just like most of the Motown folks) was a really strong person and to most, suicide was not an option during those times. Very rare among black men in general in those days.

marv2
08-22-2016, 09:55 PM
The way Paul was dressed or rather not dress and where they found him does not make sense if it truly was a suicide.

MotownSteve
08-22-2016, 10:29 PM
What I remember was that he was found holding in gun and pointing it at his head but not in his dominant hand.

marv2
08-22-2016, 10:49 PM
What I remember was that he was found holding in gun and pointing it at his head but not in his dominant hand.

Exactly, which would have made it quite awkward to shoot himself in the opposite temple.

arr&bee
08-22-2016, 11:02 PM
Ok,is someone trying to get the case reopened?

marv2
08-22-2016, 11:07 PM
Ok,is someone trying to get the case reopened?

I don't know. This case has never set well with me. The movie only reinforced what we were told and it is now taken as the gospel truth among the younger generation.

phil
08-23-2016, 01:00 AM
I always loved his voice, his "new" song would have been perfect for a new career I believe :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1HLD3b9dP0&feature=youtu.be

marv2
08-23-2016, 01:33 AM
I always loved his voice, his "new" song would have been perfect for a new career I believe :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1HLD3b9dP0&feature=youtu.be

Phil, I remember radio station WKLR in Toledo playing this over and over the day after he died. The song and the story of his death are quite ironic in my opinion.

detmotownguy
08-23-2016, 09:43 AM
Great song, I never abt this.

marv2
08-23-2016, 11:51 AM
Great song, I never abt this.

It was almost prophetic.

arr&bee
08-24-2016, 06:52 PM
Ok,first of all who was paul a threat to? Now of course he may have gotten in over his head with his buisiness venture[loan sharks]because as far as anyone knows paul wasn't a threat to anyone in the music buisiness,it just doesn't make any sense to me...folks should let paul's spirit rest in peace and let's remember the great music he left us to enjoy.

marv2
08-24-2016, 06:59 PM
Ok,first of all who was paul a threat to? Now of course he may have gotten in over his head with his buisiness venture[loan sharks]because as far as anyone knows paul wasn't a threat to anyone in the music buisiness,it just doesn't make any sense to me...folks should let paul's spirit rest in peace and let's remember the great music he left us to enjoy.

Ok so does that mean you accept that suicide scenario? I agree that we should definitely remember the great music he left us.

arr&bee
08-24-2016, 07:19 PM
You would have to have a team of private eyes to look into this one[who could afford that?]forty three years is a long time and alot of leads if any have gone cold, no i don't believe everything i read but it's gonna be damn hard to prove is all i'm saying....maybe we temps fans should do as paul once sang...don't look back-temptations and paul forever!!!

marv2
08-24-2016, 07:23 PM
You would have to have a team of private eyes to look into this one[who could afford that?]forty three years is a long time and alot of leads if any have gone cold, no i don't believe everything i read but it's gonna be damn hard to prove is all i'm saying....maybe we temps fans should do as paul once sang...don't look back-temptations and paul forever!!!

Agreed. I was just curious, perhaps overly.......