PDA

View Full Version : I should have known better-the marvelettes

test

arr&bee
08-17-2016, 04:53 PM
How did they miss releasing this killer?, as far as i'm concerned this one ranks with thier best work it jumps off the turntable and your feet can't keep still,a great non-hit from my girls.

Motown Eddie
08-17-2016, 05:20 PM
How did they miss releasing this killer?, as far as i'm concerned this one ranks with thier best work it jumps off the turntable and your feet can't keep still,a great non-hit from my girls.

Agreed! The Marvelettes' "I Should Have Known Better" is a great song that should have been released as either a single or a LP cut. When I first heard the "From The Vaults" LP, it was songs like this one that first let me know there was a lot a of 'potential hits' in The Motown Vaults.

BigAl
08-17-2016, 05:38 PM
It has a Carolina-beach sound. I can imagine folks doing the shag to it, and it probably could have been a dance-floor hit in that geographical area, but I doubt it would have been very successful outside of that niche market. Kind of lacks any good hooks.

Zantellor
08-17-2016, 08:47 PM
I Should Have Known Better would have been a big hit.Another song that was unreleased Knock on My Door would have been a big hit. I cannot figure out how really bad songs like My Daddy Knows Best and Hes a Good Guy got released instead of these two solid recordings. Beats me