View Full Version : Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate 1971

test

marv2
07-30-2016, 09:05 PM
Get Down, Get Funky, Get Loose!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8697G9RAi-Y

Philles/Motown Gary
07-31-2016, 04:33 PM
Yeah, Marv! Along with Tommy Good, Pete Rivera was the most soulful white guy on Motown's roster. Rare Earth cooked!

marv2
07-31-2016, 06:01 PM
Yeah, Marv! Along with Tommy Good, Pete Rivera was the most soulful white guy on Motown's roster. Rare Earth cooked!

I got to hear Tommy Good sing back in April in Detroit. He sang Marvin Gaye's "How Sweet It Is..." and he still has it! After all the news and other general stresses this past week, I just want to hear this song! I just wanted to celebrate! LOL!

Philles/Motown Gary
07-31-2016, 11:36 PM
I got to hear Tommy Good sing back in April in Detroit. He sang Marvin Gaye's "How Sweet It Is..." and he still has it! After all the news and other general stresses this past week, I just want to hear this song! I just wanted to celebrate! LOL!
Tommy Good is still going strong? That is so good to hear! I really loved his Gordy/Motown material. Speaking of Motown's Blue-Eyed Soul, Meatloaf of Stoney & Meatloaf was pretty cool at the time, too. I'll always love "What You See Is What You Get" and "It Takes All Kinds Of People" [[In fact, I think Ralph produced those tracks.) When it comes to Motown's white get-down-and-party music, though, we're right back to where you started [[above) with "I Just Want To Celebrate". I think Pete Rivera was Motown's finest!

Gary

marv2
07-31-2016, 11:44 PM
Tommy Good is still going strong? That is so good to hear! I really loved his Gordy/Motown material. Speaking of Motown's Blue-Eyed Soul, Meatloaf of Stoney & Meatloaf was pretty cool at the time, too. I'll always love "What You See Is What You Get" and "It Takes All Kinds Of People" [[In fact, I think Ralph produced those tracks.) When it comes to Motown's white get-down-and-party music, though, we're right back to where you started [[above) with "I Just Want To Celebrate". I think Pete Rivera wss Motown's finest!

Gary

Yes Ralph was the producer. He gave many interesting insights into those sessions if you search the archives here. It always comes back to Pete Rivera.......he was a beast! LOL!

marv2
07-31-2016, 11:45 PM
Yes Tommy Good is still going strong. Still slim and trim at his fighting weight too!

Philles/Motown Gary
08-01-2016, 12:08 AM
Yes Ralph was the producer. He gave many interesting insights into those sessions if you search the archives here. It always comes back to Pete Rivera.......he was a beast! LOL!

Pete is a heck of a nice guy, too. When I ordered his autobiography directly from him last year, we exchanged a few emails back and forth. When the book arrived a few days later, he had included a really nice note along with a personal inscription in the book. Great guy!

marv2
08-01-2016, 10:05 AM
Pete is a heck of a nice guy, too. When I ordered his autobiography directly from him last year, we exchanged a few emails back and forth. When the book arrived a few days later, he had included a really nice note along with a personal inscription in the book. Great guy!

I've chatted with him in the past. He is a great guy.