PDA

View Full Version : Recognition at last!!

test

theboyfromxtown
07-26-2016, 09:14 AM
http://rhythmandblueshof.com/2016/07/04/rb-music-hall-of-fame-ceremony-to-take-place-in-dearborn/

theboyfromxtown
07-26-2016, 09:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoRqWtoeYTU

Sharpmoves
07-26-2016, 09:35 AM
Yess! Well done the voluptous Velvelettes. It's long overdue, and deeply deserved. They certainly made a vivid contribution to the Motown sound back in the day, and are still performing with the original line-up. Nice post, and some good news for a change!

lakedistrictlad1
07-26-2016, 10:00 AM
I think this has got to take the prize for being the least likely video I thought I'd ever see in my life!!

RossHolloway
07-26-2016, 10:05 AM
Awesome video! Who were the two other Velvelettes with Cal? Is this video from '66 and what show was this on? And what other songs did they do on the show?

marv2
07-26-2016, 10:34 AM
Awesome video! Who were the two other Velvelettes with Cal? Is this video from '66 and what show was this on? And what other songs did they do on the show?

They are Ann McMillan and Sandy Tilley. This was a local show in Windsor, Ontario [[Detroit & Toledo markets). It was called "Swingin' Time" hosted by popular local DJ Robin Seymour on Channel 9 CKLW. This clip is from 1966, I believe Halloween week.

I can't remember what other songs they did on that show during this particular appearance. It's been nearly 50 years ago.

theboyfromxtown
07-26-2016, 11:30 AM
I think this has got to take the prize for being the least likely video I thought I'd ever see in my life!!

And you knew about it the same time as me......reminds me of one of my favourite times with the ladies that was.

Do you remember when they tested Let Love Live on us for the very first time!

lakedistrictlad1
07-27-2016, 06:54 AM
And you knew about it the same time as me......reminds me of one of my favourite times with the ladies that was.

Do you remember when they tested Let Love Live on us for the very first time!

Yes John. Not every day you find yourself in the bedroom of a Velvelette while they give a personal performance of Let Love Live.

It is a memory that will last a lifetime.