PDA

View Full Version : Berry Gordy’s ‘Motown Mansion’ Back on the Market

test

marv2
07-10-2016, 11:31 AM
http://pagesix.com/2016/07/04/berry-gordys-motown-mansion-back-on-the-market/

detmotownguy
07-10-2016, 01:22 PM
like the paining of Mary Diane and Flo Very historic in itself!

marv2
07-10-2016, 02:04 PM
like the paining of Mary Diane and Flo Very historic in itself!

I would like to live in that place for one year.

dvus7
08-02-2016, 01:52 AM
http://pagesix.com/2016/07/04/berry-gordys-motown-mansion-back-on-the-market/

This "asset" did not appreciation the "normal" way property does....I wonder WHY???

marv2
08-02-2016, 02:36 AM
This "asset" did not appreciation the "normal" way property does....I wonder WHY???

Because it's on Outer Drive...hehehehehehehe!

dvus7
08-02-2016, 03:14 AM
Because it's on Outer Drive...hehehehehehehe!

LOL!!! Hey, Marv..I think this one is on Hamilton drive....the one you are talking about is the "one" Marvin Gaye received as a "hand me down"!!!LOL!! HELP ME!!!

marv2
08-02-2016, 05:39 AM
LOL!!! Hey, Marv..I think this one is on Hamilton drive....the one you are talking about is the "one" Marvin Gaye received as a "hand me down"!!!LOL!! HELP ME!!!

Oh ok..........LOL

StuBass1
08-02-2016, 12:34 PM
The Detroit Gordy Mansion, as has been stated,, is located on Boston Blvd...off the Chicago Blvd exit of the Lodge Expressway... My mom grew up a block or so away on Glynn Court...The West Outer Drive house [[corner of Monica) was a modern, relatively large for that area, one story house I used to walk by every day on my way home from Pasteur Elementary School. The owners prior to Mr Gordy was a family named Zack. Gordy had actually attempted to purchase a home in the early - mid 60's in the more prestigious Sherwood Forest area, east of Livernois Ave, but owners would not sell to him due to an unspoken covenant against selling to Blacks...and the more exclusive Palmer Woods to the east of that bordering Woodward Ave north of 7 mile Rd had written covenants against selling to Blacks at that time. I know this because some friends of my parents lived on the street in Sherwood Forest Gordy had attempted to purchase a home on, and they were telling my parents that they had no objection, but the owners of the house did not want to be the "first" to sell to Blacks, although on our side of Livernois, Blacks had been purchasing houses for several years [[west of Livernois and south of W Outer Drive)...mainly professionals at first, and of course a few real estate agents...particularly Black ones, played the white residents and often scared them into selling their houses claiming that soon, with the greater influx of blacks, home values would drop like bricks [[which actually never happened)...remember, throughout the 60's, we're talking houses mostly in the 20-30 thousand dollar range...Anyways, fast forward...Berry Gordy buys the West Outer Drive house, and shared it [[separately) with both Chris Clark and Diana Ross... When Gordy then purchased the Boston Blvd mansion...Marvin Gaye, who had been living with Anna a couple of miles away, I believe on Appoline St, moved into the nicer Gordy home on W. Outer Dr, although he didn't "inherit" it, and probably paid a fair market price for the house. Smokey meanwhile, upped and moved from Santa Barbara St to Southfield, where many of the "white flight" northwest Detroiters had begun moving to in the early 60's...

marv2
08-02-2016, 02:28 PM
Hey Stu, thanks for the back information man.

Marv