PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Wilson Has A Street In His Name!

test

marv2
07-08-2016, 03:49 PM
http://www.noise11.com/news/jackie-wilson-has-a-street-in-his-name-20160709

woodward
07-08-2016, 03:57 PM
http://www.noise11.com/news/jackie-wilson-has-a-street-in-his-name-20160709

Well deserved if I must say so. I have always advocated that all the cars used in the People Mover in Detroit should be named after the major stars from Motown and all cars should broadcast Motown songs while they are in transit. How about this idea?

marv2
07-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Well deserved if I must say so. I have always advocated that all the cars used in the People Mover in Detroit should be named after the major stars from Motown and all cars should broadcast Motown songs while they are in transit. How about this idea?

I love that idea Woodward. One of my dream ideas from as far back as the 80s was to have a line of statues of the Motown greats positioned evenly down Jefferson Ave. on the divider or something similar in downtown.

splanky
07-09-2016, 10:28 AM
I can see this getting derailed if some folks find out about it...

marv2
07-09-2016, 11:00 AM
I can see this getting derailed if some folks find out about it...

Why Splanky?

splanky
07-09-2016, 12:39 PM
Marv, I guess you're not aware of the less than flattering stories about what Jackie was like
as a man. Things that came out in both a well researched biography of his life and a play
about him in the last 10 years or so. Some of it makes Ike Turner look like a choir boy...

marv2
07-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Marv, I guess you're not aware of the less than flattering stories about what Jackie was like
as a man. Things that came out in both a well researched biography of his life and a play
about him in the last 10 years or so. Some of it makes Ike Turner look like a choir boy...

I kind of know about the "local" back stories about Jackie. I know one of his sons and have met his daughters etc. We would be hard press not to find "something" about many of our music legends that is most unflattering. I do understand what you mean and hope it does not interfere with this honor.

splanky
07-10-2016, 10:26 AM
We will see...As great as a singer he was, Jackie was still only a man, only human and no human
being is without flaws...

marv2
07-10-2016, 10:37 AM
We will see...As great as a singer he was, Jackie was still only a man, only human and no human
being is without flaws...

Uh huh, just ask Berry Gordy. LOL! Ok sorry but that one was just too easy. I am going to try to make the ceremony.

woodward
07-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Uh huh, just ask Berry Gordy. LOL! Ok sorry but that one was just too easy. I am going to try to make the ceremony.

Hope you can make the ceremony and share some great photos of the event along with speakers, etc. who speak at the event.

marv2
07-10-2016, 11:32 AM
Hope you can make the ceremony and share some great photos of the event along with speakers, etc. who speak at the event.

I am going to do my best Woodward, thanks!

marv2
07-11-2016, 04:21 PM
Jackie did some good things too. Check this out:

http://www.iloveoldschoolmusic.com/jackie-wilson-brutally-beat-etta-james-boyfriend-over-this-wow/2/