PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross: Tour Continues to Sell Out

test

jobeterob
06-30-2016, 02:41 PM
http://edmontonjournal.com/entertainment/music/diana-ross-brings-vegas-values-to-sold-out-river-cree-show

RossHolloway
06-30-2016, 03:20 PM
Good review

Jimi LaLumia
06-30-2016, 04:45 PM
"A faithful cover of Frankie Lymon and the Teenager’s Why Do Fools Fall in Love was enthusiastically received, with a hammy baritone sax and guitar duel covering up for Ross’ final dress change for the night; "......
another example of how poorly the RCA years have fared.. this tune, when reviewed, is always refered to as above, a Frankie Lyman cover, without mentioning that it was her hit [[Top 10 in America) cover version.. I trully believe these younger writers don't even know that..

JohnnyB
06-30-2016, 10:44 PM
"A faithful cover of Frankie Lymon and the Teenager’s Why Do Fools Fall in Love was enthusiastically received, with a hammy baritone sax and guitar duel covering up for Ross’ final dress change for the night; "......
another example of how poorly the RCA years have fared.. this tune, when reviewed, is always refered to as above, a Frankie Lyman cover, without mentioning that it was her hit [[Top 10 in America) cover version.. I trully believe these younger writers don't even know that..

I've noticed that as well. I'm surprised each time a critic lists WDFFIL as a concert cover, along with I Will Survive and More Today Than Yesterday. It was such a big hit for her, but U.S. writers don't seem to remember.

Roberta75
07-01-2016, 01:21 PM
A real great review from aspen. http://www.aspentimes.com/entertainment/22712367-113/review-diana-ross-booker-t-marcus-miller

Albator
07-01-2016, 02:15 PM
I've noticed that as well. I'm surprised each time a critic lists WDFFIL as a concert cover, along with I Will Survive and More Today Than Yesterday. It was such a big hit for her, but U.S. writers don't seem to remember.Phil Collins is never credited for his "can hurry love" cover, which is a good thing.