PDA

View Full Version : Please keep Bernie Worrell in your thoughts...

test

timmyfunk
06-16-2016, 05:25 PM
...as he prepares for transition.

marv2
06-16-2016, 07:30 PM
Most definitely. He is one of the greats and I am sorry to hear this. Thanks Timmy.

marv2
06-16-2016, 08:19 PM
Judie Worrell: "Bernie is now headed ‘Home’"

http://www.jambands.com/news/2016/06/16/judie-worrell-bernie-is-now-headed-home/

StuBass1
06-17-2016, 03:19 PM
Sounds like Bernie has entered Hospice care...At that stage, they try to keep the patient as comfortable as possible without any more medical intervention...Hope Bernie has a peaceful transition...

splanky
06-18-2016, 10:21 AM
Arguably the best keyboardist to come out of the R&B tradition. Certainly the best of the
funk based musicians. Still, mention his name to most of the GP and they'll say "Bernie
who?"...I second Stu's hope for a peaceful transition; his situation has been a worry of mine
for some time now. George Clinton was so lucky to have his groups supported by a wealth
of talented players, from Eddie Hazel on down. Without Bernie P-funk would never have
gelled and become the iconic sound it grew to be. Bernie's subsequent solo work and
augmentations to other acts whether Talking Heads or Bill Laswell's productions, are
nothing to sneeze either. I'm grateful for all he has given to my aural lifetime....

marv2
06-20-2016, 08:19 PM
I loved his work! Plain and simple. Awesomely talented man.