PDA

View Full Version : NEW - Original Vandellas Interview on YouTube

test

Sharpmoves
06-13-2016, 11:41 AM
Wonderful stuff here from Roz and Nettie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTq5-5oCmwM

marv2
06-13-2016, 12:34 PM
Love it. Oral histories are important. Not everyone has the opportunity to write a book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTq5-5oCmwM

marv2
06-13-2016, 12:37 PM
Their version of how they came up with the name "The Vandellas" is different from Martha's.

marv2
06-13-2016, 12:51 PM
They sound really good. Thanks Sharpmoves for this one.

Sharpmoves
06-13-2016, 01:05 PM
They sound really good. Thanks Sharpmoves for this one.

A pleasure Marv2. Yes, Roz has always told a different story about the name Vandella. Of course, Berry may have spoken to Martha separately - we don't know. It's also interesting to hear them on why then stopped performing with Martha again, post-reunion. I'm not sure whether they would want to undertake Martha's at times punishing touring schedule now, though. And the "sister act" is a very good one.

marv2
06-13-2016, 02:12 PM
A pleasure Marv2. Yes, Roz has always told a different story about the name Vandella. Of course, Berry may have spoken to Martha separately - we don't know. It's also interesting to hear them on why then stopped performing with Martha again, post-reunion. I'm not sure whether they would want to undertake Martha's at times punishing touring schedule now, though. And the "sister act" is a very good one.

I think the current situation works out for both acts. I hope the Original Vandellas will get more and more gigs.

mr_june
06-13-2016, 03:39 PM
Nice find, very nice.

Bluebrock
06-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Martha continues to work her socks off. he tours the UK at least once a year often more, then she has regular dates in Europe not to mention all her commitments on her home soil. Long may she continue to entertain us.

Roberta75
06-13-2016, 03:56 PM
Martha continues to work her socks off. he tours the UK at least once a year often more, then she has regular dates in Europe not to mention all her commitments on her home soil. Long may she continue to entertain us.

The First lady of Motown Record Dr Martha Reeves was is and always will be Motowns greatest ambasador and greatest entertainer imo.

Fondly

Roberta

RossHolloway
06-14-2016, 06:38 PM
The new lead singer is something special. She sounds really good. This is the first time I think I've heard them speak about Berry Gordy. Definitely worth watching.

sansradio
06-14-2016, 07:05 PM
Finally got to see this. I really enjoyed them. And yes, the lead singer, while no Martha, certainly holds her own and very well. Thanks, Sharpmoves!

theboyfromxtown
06-16-2016, 02:44 AM
Great interview. Thank you for posting

westgrandboulevard
06-16-2016, 05:36 AM
Very interesting and informal, as if they're sat in the room with us, chatting.....

DWSheffer
06-18-2016, 08:41 AM
Very nice interview, thanks for posting.

Did anyone else notice the Vandellas were watching themselves from the photo wall? Behind the drummer at the 8:17 mark you can spy one of the most famous of their group photos on the wall.

arr&bee
06-19-2016, 04:30 PM
It's great to the original members,and still singing it,god bless em.