PDA

View Full Version : Rare Earth: A Excellent New Remix of "Get Ready"!!!

test

marv2
01-01-2011, 05:59 PM
I have always loved their version of "Get Ready". Well here is a deluxe remix of this perennial JAM!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJFzTRwo2Ik

copley
01-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Sorry but the Temptations original version beats this by a mile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mReSXE2HCA

jobeterob
01-02-2011, 03:12 AM
I love both of these versions. These are like the versions of Ain't No Mountain High Enough; same song but one version bears no relation or comparison to the other; it's so totally different. I was going to say I preferred Rare Earth and then I played the Temptations and found I could not say that. They are superlative equals.

vcq
01-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Awesome grooves! Thanks for the links, guys...I'm jammin' along over here in Japan!

Tower Records in Osaka had an absolutely AMAZING soul / R&B section with Hip-O Select, P-Vine, Motown, and Stax selections galore...including some rather obscure discs. Haven't seen a record store that great in years, but I was kind of peeved that they were out of Stevie Wonder's "I Was Made To Love Her" SHM-CD pressing [[it's selling for $43 on Amazon US; about 2500 yen over here).

I also heard about a Tokyo-based chain, Disk Union, that has a large selection of new and used vinyl and CDs, including a soul store [[their Motown page is here [[http://diskunion.net/black/ct/sub/0049/0/0/0/0)). When I get over to Tokyo, I'll have to check it out.

Keep the great Motown links coming,

VCQ

nabob
01-02-2011, 12:57 PM
The Disk Union site is awesome. There were finds by GC Cameron and Tata Vega on CD. There are loads of CD by an assortment of R&B/Black artists from the 60s through the present. An English language button could not be found to complete a transaction. The only other disappointment with the site was the availability of the Marginal reissues.

Enjoy your trip to Japan. Take the time to visit Tower [if there is still a store], HMV and some of the other large chains that are still operating. Try visiting some of the smaller vendors too. A few in the Shinjuku neighborhood were stumbled upon by accident.

tomato tom
01-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the info. I used to get some great stuff in Tokyo in my flying days. Not sure Ill get there again in the near future though. I do remember getting the Mowest ODYSSEY album on CD. Never released any where else...Paulo XXXX

vcq
01-02-2011, 07:16 PM
My new best friend is Google Translate; I used it to complete an order on Disk Union without any problems [[you can install the Google Toolbar and set it to translate Japanese pages automatically).

I visited the Tower Records store in Osaka, but didn't check out the HMV store in Kyoto [[I will on my next trip, though). I've seen a few other smaller stores in my travels around Central Japan [[can't remember the name now, but there was a basement record store in Nara that had an awesome jazz selection). I'm not too far from Nagoya, which is Japan's third-largest city, so I'll check out the stores there in the near future and give you an update. I know they have a Tower and an HMV. Hopefully Motown treasures await!