PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue May 24, 9P-12M

test

midnight johnny
05-24-2016, 04:20 PM
Howdy Folks! Join me tonight [[May 24, 9P-12M ET at www.womr.org) on my radio show "Nightflight" for a very special radio event from April 29,1967. I will be airing the complete 93/KHJ Appreciation concert from the Hollywood Bowl starring Buffalo Springfield, the 5th Dimension, Brenda Holloway, Johnny Rivers [[with Jimmy Webb on piano), and Diana Ross and the Supremes with Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong [[in her first performance with the Supremes). See you on the radio for this special event! Thanks! John

[[l to r) Cindy Birdsong [[in her first performance as a Supreme since Florence Ballard's departure), Mary Wilson and Diana Ross.

johnjeb
05-24-2016, 10:52 PM
Hi John...I'm enjoying Johnny Rivers...the background girls are great...he said their names were Carolyn, Julia and Edna...would that be 2/3 of the future Honey Cone, Carolyn Willis and Edna Wright? The liner notes to one of their CDs mentions Edna did studio sessions with Johnny and toured with him....John

franjoy56
05-24-2016, 11:57 PM
Howdy Folks! Join me tonight [[May 24, 9P-12M ET at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org)) on my radio show "Nightflight" for a very special radio event from April 29,1967. I will be airing the complete 93/KHJ Appreciation concert from the Hollywood Bowl starring Buffalo Springfield, the 5th Dimension, Brenda Holloway, Johnny Rivers [[with Jimmy Webb on piano), and Diana Ross and the Supremes with Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong [[in her first performance with the Supremes). See you on the radio for this special event! Thanks! John

[[l to r) Cindy Birdsong [[in her first performance as a Supreme since Florence Ballard's departure), Mary Wilson and Diana Ross.

thanks johnny for playing this rare radio show I heard it a year ago, but it was nice to hear It again with emphasis on Cindys role in the performance. You always surprise us with great shows..

midnight johnny
05-25-2016, 10:13 AM
Hi John...I'm enjoying Johnny Rivers...the background girls are great...he said their names were Carolyn, Julia and Edna...would that be 2/3 of the future Honey Cone, Carolyn Willis and Edna Wright? The liner notes to one of their CDs mentions Edna did studio sessions with Johnny and toured with him....John

John....thanks ...I was curious as to who the girls were....thanks for following up!!

midnight johnny
05-25-2016, 10:14 AM
thanks johnny for playing this rare radio show I heard it a year ago, but it was nice to hear It again with emphasis on Cindys role in the performance. You always surprise us with great shows..
Thanks, Franjoy! Glad you could hear it again!