PDA

View Full Version : DEE DEE SHARP - HAPPY 'BOUT THE WHOLE THING [[ The Teen Pier Show)

test

marv2
05-21-2016, 02:17 PM
Dee Dee!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc9CVTXhHgc

rrussi
05-25-2016, 06:26 AM
One of the very best of singers from any era...and still looks great and sounding fabulous. This single is from 1975, which she cowrote the song.

rrussi
05-26-2016, 06:43 AM
Can anyone post this to Dee Dee Sharp Fan Page on Facebook? I don't know how...but I did go to the historicfilms.com/48qn and there seems to be more including interviews with Ed Hurst, I take it he was the host of this show.

PhillyKen
05-26-2016, 09:11 PM
Actually,its not Teen Pier show but a show televised from Atlantic City's famous Steel Pier.Many Philly and national stars went to the shore and appeared on the show. One form of the show was hosted by noted Philly Jocks Grady & Hurst.

rrussi
07-01-2016, 01:52 AM
Thanks for that, PhillyKen. I thought by 1975 the Steel Pier was gone, destroyed by a hurricane.

manny
07-05-2016, 04:51 AM
Sadly, this song was one of the only two by Dee Dee Sharp that was published here in Spain on these days. I purchased "El Sonido de Filadelfia, Vol. 4" that included "Happy 'Bout The Whole Thing" and little after there was "Oh Oh Child" included on "Let's Clean Up The Ghetto". In the 90's, finally I found her "What Color Is Love" and "Dee Dee" albums reedited on CD. I found also a japan reedition of "Happy 'Bout The Whole Thing" album but previously have purchased the 14 x LP's box by Street Sound "Philly Story" where appear practically ALL the songs of the album, with the incredible [[an uncredited!) chorus at the end of "Oh Oh Child" by The Tymes in the original long version.

When some stupid says "Philly sound is 'disco' music" I think on this "Oh Oh Child" cover by Dee Dee Sharp: this is "disco"...????!!!!

rrussi
07-14-2016, 05:43 AM
None of her lps had a disco theme, although she had a dance hit with Breaking & Entering from her 1980 lp titled "Dee Dee". Although her biggest hits were dance records, she really is at her best doing ballads. And, by the way, many many artists hit with ballads from Philadelphia International Records in the '70s. So, agree, Philly Sound is not disco music!

marv2
07-14-2016, 10:30 AM
Sadly, this song was one of the only two by Dee Dee Sharp that was published here in Spain on these days. I purchased "El Sonido de Filadelfia, Vol. 4" that included "Happy 'Bout The Whole Thing" and little after there was "Oh Oh Child" included on "Let's Clean Up The Ghetto". In the 90's, finally I found her "What Color Is Love" and "Dee Dee" albums reedited on CD. I found also a japan reedition of "Happy 'Bout The Whole Thing" album but previously have purchased the 14 x LP's box by Street Sound "Philly Story" where appear practically ALL the songs of the album, with the incredible [[an uncredited!) chorus at the end of "Oh Oh Child" by The Tymes in the original long version.

When some stupid says "Philly sound is 'disco' music" I think on this "Oh Oh Child" cover by Dee Dee Sharp: this is "disco"...????!!!!

Hey Manny, how have you been?

manny
07-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Hi again!
Thanks for your comment, Russi. You can also dance [[and heard) to "Easy Money" from that same album, "Dee Dee" and is not disco, is a funky bomb! But I likes de mid tempos and mellow ballads as "I Love You Anyway".

Hi, Marv2,
I'm like the1975 song by Frankie Redmond "Fighting To Keep My Head Above Water" because economical crises here in Spain is terrific [[specially for some work areas). But there's humor sense, music, etc. I look and read at SFD many days but usually I don't have nothing interesting to say.

Cheers to all!

marv2
07-14-2016, 06:45 PM
Hi again!
Thanks for your comment, Russi. You can also dance [[and heard) to "Easy Money" from that same album, "Dee Dee" and is not disco, is a funky bomb! But I likes de mid tempos and mellow ballads as "I Love You Anyway".

Hi, Marv2,
I'm like the1975 song by Frankie Redmond "Fighting To Keep My Head Above Water" because economical crises here in Spain is terrific [[specially for some work areas). But there's humor sense, music, etc. I look and read at SFD many days but usually I don't have nothing interesting to say.

Cheers to all!

I've heard about the situation in Spain. By all means, keep your head up! Things will change.