PDA

View Full Version : Syderia Publishing Co. [[BMI) - Any Info

test

fervorrecords
05-17-2016, 01:39 PM
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum - what a wonderful resource for information about such IMPORTANT music!

I have a long career of licensing music for film & television, and I have been looking into many Detroit labels and publishers recently. One name that keeps coming around is Syderia Publishing Co.

I can't seem to find any contact information for them, and after speaking with BMI - I came up empty again. I'd love to learn more about the history, and get in touch with the current owner. I also believe that they should update their info with BMI, since the office was completely flummoxed.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=1212471&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

Thanks so much! Looking forward to being a part of these conversations.

Best,

Jacob Nathan

robb_k
05-17-2016, 02:51 PM
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum - what a wonderful resource for information about such IMPORTANT music!

I have a long career of licensing music for film & television, and I have been looking into many Detroit labels and publishers recently. One name that keeps coming around is Syderia Publishing Co.

I can't seem to find any contact information for them, and after speaking with BMI - I came up empty again. I'd love to learn more about the history, and get in touch with the current owner. I also believe that they should update their info with BMI, since the office was completely flummoxed.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=1212471&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

Thanks so much! Looking forward to being a part of these conversations.

Best,

Jacob Nathan
You came to the right place! I have your answer!

Originally, Syderia Music was the personal publisher for Diamond Jim Riley's record labels: Riley's, Diamond Jim, and Big D. He was murdered in 1971. So, I don't know who ended up with the ownership rights and masters. I can direct you to discographies of those 3 labels, if you wish.

robb_k
05-17-2016, 03:01 PM
11344I
If you Google "Syderia Music - Detroit" look for 2 or 3 listings of Soulful Detroit Forum threads on which I and other Detroit Soul experts discussed Diamond Jim Riley's labels. If you can't find them, I'll post links to them, later.

fervorrecords
05-17-2016, 03:44 PM
Thanks for this - very helpful. I'm going to keep digging [[I'm local) and see if I can turn up more info on a possible estate. Very interesting history here.

Thanks again!

robb_k
05-17-2016, 07:31 PM
Here's a link to one of our threads on Diamond Jim Riley's 3 labels:

http://faac.us/adf/messages/150056/88072.html?1144544655

robb_k
05-17-2016, 08:09 PM
Diamond Jim Riley had been a boxer and fight promoter. He was murdered by his own bodyguard in 1971.

fervorrecords
05-19-2016, 11:47 AM
Thanks Robb!

Do you happen to know anything about Shirley Harris?

HARRIS SHIRLEYCURRENT AFFILIATION: BMI CAE/IPI #: 40820711