PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ album 30-times PLATINUM!!!!

test

marv2
05-12-2016, 09:37 PM
http://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/people/2015/12/16/jackson-thriller-platinum/77430980/

Ngroove
05-14-2016, 01:33 PM
My apologies, Marv, but while I don't mind seeing Diana Ross or Mary Wilson or Temptations' new releases / outside Motown material around here, themselves still and ever will be 90% identified with their material at Motown - not to stab the integrities of "Thriller", "Midnight Train To Georgia", "Could It Be I'm Falling In Love" "It's Your Thing" or "Ain't No Woman [[Like The One I've Got)" - but when it comes to Michael Jackson, Gladys Knight, Spinners, Isleys, or Four Tops, each ones whose succeeded in successfully consistent hit-making careers independent of Motown - I kinda feel that discussion of their later works be more appropriate in the General Detroit Soul board.

marv2
05-14-2016, 01:47 PM
My apologies, Marv, but while I don't mind seeing Diana Ross or Mary Wilson or Temptations' new releases / outside Motown material around here, themselves still and ever will be 90% identified with their material at Motown - not to stab the integrities of "Thriller", "Midnight Train To Georgia", "Could It Be I'm Falling In Love" "It's Your Thing" or "Ain't No Woman [[Like The One I've Got)" - but when it comes to Michael Jackson, Gladys Knight, Spinners, Isleys, or Four Tops, each ones whose succeeded in successfully consistent hit-making careers independent of Motown - I kinda feel that discussion of their later works be more appropriate in the General Detroit Soul board.

No problem Ngroove. To me, Michael Jackson will always be a Motown Artist, but I understand. He was the greatest!