PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Strong Interview with Tom Meros

test

marv2
05-09-2016, 11:15 PM
This is a very extensive interview with one of Motown's first hit-makers, Mr. Barrett Strong. Lots of great info. here. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7owHudPvKI

theboyfromxtown
05-10-2016, 04:39 AM
This was EXCELLENT. I'd highly recommend Tom's interview with Dennis Edwards too.

westgrandboulevard
05-10-2016, 04:54 AM
Yes, both interviews are excellent.

Back in the '60s, Gordy Records' marketing slogan was "It's what's in the grooves that count" [[aka "its what's in the groove[[s) that counts").

Fifty years later, the memories of Motown people now count at least as much as what we hear in the actual recordings ;)

marv2
05-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Yes, this spoken history is important and valuable. We will not find this in any books.

marv2
05-10-2016, 09:27 AM
Tom Meros has also done interviews with Bobby Rogers of the Miracles, the Original Vandellas [[Roz & Annette), etc

woodward
05-10-2016, 03:46 PM
This was EXCELLENT. I'd highly recommend Tom's interview with Dennis Edwards too.

I wish we had access to a transcript of this show. Lots of great information that I never knew. It was a little difficult with the music in the background to understand exactly what he was saying so a transcript would be great. I'd even pay the cost of obtaining one.

woodward
05-10-2016, 04:49 PM
I just discovered that if you go to www.tommeros.com, you can access all his interviews. I found out that there are interviews for the following Motown artists:
Barrett Strong [[thanks to Marv 2)
Bobby Rogers [[ditto)
Dennis Edwards [[thanks to boyfrommxtown)
Henry Fambrough
Smokey Robinson
Rosalind Ashford and Annette Beard [[thanks to Marv 2)
Paul Williams

Looks like I need to devote some time ASAP to view these. For your information.