PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't get better than This

test

skooldem1
12-30-2010, 10:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxf-Ltojljk

nabob
12-31-2010, 01:39 AM
WOW! That is high quality video. The ladies were definitely in their element and enjoying themselves. My only bad comment was that Ms Ross' enunciation was too far over the top. The performance was other wise excellent. I don't believe I had ever seen this video. Videos are rarely copied from on-line, but this one is now part of the collection.

smark21
12-31-2010, 12:00 PM
The Supremes also performed their excellent Fats Waller medley on this Ed Sullivan episode.

topdiva1
12-31-2010, 07:18 PM
WOW! That is high quality video. The ladies were definitely in their element and enjoying themselves. My only bad comment was that Ms Ross' enunciation was too far over the top. The performance was other wise excellent. I don't believe I had ever seen this video. Videos are rarely copied from on-line, but this one is now part of the collection.

Ms Ross and her over the top ways - is what in many markets made her the focus of the group, and thus it's superstar!!!

stephanie
12-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Never cared for this song but I always liked watching their performance of it on this clip! All 3 of them look daring and professional and I can remember only liking long lashes in this clip. I knew as a child Mary and Cindy were not singing on this and I missed the Supremes voices.

Mary Wilson looks great on this clip and I always felt she was the eye candy of the group especially after Flo was gone. Cindy is good though and did well with all of the dance steps. The Jackson 5 did a much better version of this I can listen to theirs all day long. When I saw this clip as a child I knew Diana was on her way out she was just so out there I felt like she wanted to leave.

miss_lish
12-31-2010, 10:05 PM
It was inevitable that she was gonna leave, Miss Steph. I think Gordy was brilliant at paving the way for her next baby steps up and out of the group.

marv2
12-31-2010, 10:10 PM
I was soooo happy when she finally left. Mary does looks extra good in this clip.

captainjames
12-31-2010, 11:03 PM
Excellent performance and always loved this song because I knew HDH had written it. These are the gowns that looked dreadful after they were altered with the 70's Supremes. They look OUSTANDING on Diana, Cindy and Mary though. This had to be one of Ed Sullivan's performances and I remember thinking at the time when I saw this if Mary or Cindy would take the lead after Diana left. The only thing I wished they had not done was clap those hands during the bridge of the song.

miss_lish
12-31-2010, 11:42 PM
I was soooo happy when she finally left. Mary does looks extra good in this clip.

Of course you were; all Rosser's were happy when she left.

nomis
01-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Its a good performance but the studio arrangment lacks some of the urgency of the single....

topdiva1
01-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Its a good performance but the studio arrangment lacks some of the urgency of the single....

...and honey, that,s the truth!

smark21
01-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Most of their nightclub/variety show arrangments of their hits suffer in comparison to the recording. DMC look great here, and though it's obvious that Ross is being prepared for solo stardom, this performance and the Fats Waller medley showed just how hot a grouping they were as Mary and Cindy were great assets to the group.

copley
01-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Is a special fav of mine. Really should have been a top 10 hit. It's a HDH lost classic. The single version is much better of course.

miss_lish
01-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Is a special fav of mine. Really should have been a top 10 hit. It's a HDH lost classic. The single version is much better of course.

I didn't appreciate FCT at the time of its release; it and The Happening were too pop oriented for my tastes. Now, I love it. It is really a very sophisticated arrangement on this song, and the lyrics reveal a very compelling and adult love story.

Penny
01-01-2011, 10:49 PM
I have always liked the song and it is one of my Supreme favorites. I was very sad when Diana Ross left the Supremes. Jean Terrell was very talented and a great voice but it wasn't the same.

marv2
01-02-2011, 12:54 AM
I have always liked the song and it is one of my Supreme favorites. I was very sad when Diana Ross left the Supremes. Jean Terrell was very talented and a great voice but it wasn't the same.

It was BETTER! hehehehehehehe.........!

captainjames
01-02-2011, 01:02 AM

Penny, I know what you mean, it was such a bittersweet beginning/ending.