PDA

View Full Version : Johnnie Taylor Unsung !

test

marv2
05-02-2016, 12:48 AM
An amazing story here. I don't how we missed this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh-MFDXcjoM

splanky
05-02-2016, 06:43 AM
I don't have the time to watch this as I'm preparing to head out to work but I will most
definitely be checking this out. I have a few Johnnie Taylor questions I hope this answers...
Thanks for posting it, Marv!...

Bluebrock
05-02-2016, 08:07 AM
What a great singer this guy was. He made so many fine songs over a long period of time. I have a box set released back in the 90's and he was so accomplished , soulful, raunchy, sensual and downright sexy. A great artist for sure.

marv2
05-02-2016, 09:11 AM
I don't have the time to watch this as I'm preparing to head out to work but I will most
definitely be checking this out. I have a few Johnnie Taylor questions I hope this answers...
Thanks for posting it, Marv!...

You got it Splanky! Anytime.

splanky
05-30-2016, 09:52 AM
This was a very enjoyable episode with great footage of Johnnie performing, Live on Soul
Train, no less. It didn't answer all my questions but it sure told me a lot I didn't know and
reminded me about songs I'd forgotten about. I was a bit surprised that they neglected to
mention that on JT's big hit Disco Lady he was backed by members of GC's Parliament
though they did discuss the Funk element of the song. It would have been nice to hear a
mention of one of Johnnie's last songs Soul Heaven where he references both Tupac and
Biggie along with "The Mighty Temptations"...Johnnie was the man. This was the kind of
episode I want more of and like a like of us "old heads" on youtube, I'd really love to see
an Unsung on New Birth....

marv2
06-09-2016, 08:06 PM
This could be considered the companion video to the Unsung video above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loiDfntTc8w

mickeymac
06-18-2016, 06:59 PM
Had no idea Johnnie was a bookworm. Nice!

soulster
06-19-2016, 06:14 PM
What I want to know is: who in the hell thought up the title "Just Another Booty Song" [[from the "Rated-X Traordinaire" album).

theboyfromxtown
06-20-2016, 05:23 PM
Had no idea Johnnie was a bookworm. Nice!

Mickey

Not sure he had much time for books. He was far too busy!

lol

I have to say...those two links were fascinating. Thank you Marv2

marv2
06-20-2016, 07:26 PM
Mickey

Not sure he had much time for books. He was far too busy!

lol

I have to say...those two links were fascinating. Thank you Marv2

You are most welcome theboyfromxtown. I thought so too!