08-09-2010, 04:34 PM
anyone have any info or pics of these guys? thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EikCRJJnAkM

MadLad
08-09-2010, 04:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiuCZFYYOdA&feature=related

davidl gordon
08-11-2010, 08:13 AM
They were Lanny Duncan and Robert Duncan. Lanny Duncan had a few "teen" solo singles in 1960-1962 on Candix,the
L.A. label which issued the Beach Boys' first record.

They went to write, either individually or as a duo, for a number of surf/instrumental groups, The Marketts and The Routers
being the best known. Lanny Duncan wrote "Let's Go" the Routers' 1962 hit which made it to #19. Lanny was still writing
for the Routers as late as 1973 when he wrote the title track for their "Superbird" album. The Marketts and The Routers
were essentially groups of studio musicians so it's possible the Duncan Brothers are playing on some of their records but
who exactly is playing on the groups' records isn't very clear.

There's a second Capitol single "Make Me What You Want Me To Be" / "I Got My Needs" [[Capitol 5711, Aug 1966)
which was again produced by Fred Darian and Al DeLory for Atlas Artists, the production company responsible for
Dobie Gray's "The In Crowd"

They're white - Lanny' son is the drummer for a heavy metal band called Odin.

MadLad
08-12-2010, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the info man!:cool:

They were Lanny Duncan and Robert Duncan. Lanny Duncan had a few "teen" solo singles in 1960-1962 on Candix,the
L.A. label which issued the Beach Boys' first record.

They went to write, either individually or as a duo, for a number of surf/instrumental groups, The Marketts and The Routers
being the best known. Lanny Duncan wrote "Let's Go" the Routers' 1962 hit which made it to #19. Lanny was still writing
for the Routers as late as 1973 when he wrote the title track for their "Superbird" album. The Marketts and The Routers
were essentially groups of studio musicians so it's possible the Duncan Brothers are playing on some of their records but
who exactly is playing on the groups' records isn't very clear.

There's a second Capitol single "Make Me What You Want Me To Be" / "I Got My Needs" [[Capitol 5711, Aug 1966)
which was again produced by Fred Darian and Al DeLory for Atlas Artists, the production company responsible for
Dobie Gray's "The In Crowd"

They're white - Lanny' son is the drummer for a heavy metal band called Odin.