PDA

View Full Version : Keith Hughe's Don't Forget the Motor City Web Site

test

woodward
04-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Just curious about how extensively used Keith's web site www.dftmc.info is used.

I would estimate that I look at this at least 6 out of 7 days a week for information and I find it a highly reliable and useful web site containing anything you might want to know about Motown artists and what they actually recorded, when, where, what 45's, albums, CD compilations, etc.
that include the song.

The number of hours that were put into this were astronomical. It is very easy to use and expertly constructed. At times it is a lifesaver.

I just think that all MF members should be grateful and thankful for the efforts that were put into this web site. I appreciate it immensely and hope that others benefit from it also.

Any thoughts on it?

Thanks Keith and company. You are the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mysterysinger
04-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Yes I use it regularly. There's a link to it on my desktop. Probably on average 3 times a month. It is an invaluable resource [[and I think I got a mention in the latest version lol). Credit is absolutely due to Keith and everyone else who contributes info. Thanks to each and every one of you!

grapevine
04-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Just curious about how extensively used Keith's web site www.dftmc.info [[http://www.dftmc.info) is used.

...click on the link ...then look at the bottom of the homepage ...at last count it reads ...481943 ...not sure if that is 481943 viewers since the site first started ...or since the latest version went up in December 2015...either way ...it's an 'extensive use' in anyone's book...!!!

:)

westgrandboulevard
04-05-2016, 05:09 PM
I usually have at least six screens in simultaneous use, for reference purposes, from when I open up every single morning, until close down at about midnight, UK time - sometimes later.

Soulful Detroit is the default screen, which I repeatedly dip into and then out again,while I'm busy with other work. On opening up, I log in to SDF first, then immediately followed by 'Don't Forget The Motorcity' [[especially as it comes from here in the UK!)

For my posts on the Word Association thread, I wouldn't want to be without 'Don't Forget The Motorcity' website. It is an invaluable encyclopedia, especially for double checking in case memory is not serving me well - or, for reference on how many artists recorded this or that song, or for finding a song with a keyword I require.

I often then find myself Googling a title to which I've just referred in a post here on SDF, and either play it online, or go and find the disc.

'Don't Forget The Motorcity' website is as much the 'Sight' of Motown, as the recordings are the 'Sound'.;)

soulwally
04-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Just curious about how extensively used Keith's web site www.dftmc.info is used.

I would estimate that I look at this at least 6 out of 7 days a week for information and I find it a highly reliable and useful web site containing anything you might want to know about Motown artists and what they actually recorded, when, where, what 45's, albums, CD compilations, etc.
that include the song.

The number of hours that were put into this were astronomical. It is very easy to use and expertly constructed. At times it is a lifesaver.

I just think that all MF members should be grateful and thankful for the efforts that were put into this web site. I appreciate it immensely and hope that others benefit from it also.

Any thoughts on it?

Thanks Keith and company. You are the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely invaluable. A bit like the paper version I used to compile in the late 60s and 70s... yeah right! It beats mine all ends up. I use it regularly... today's visit was to remind me who produced the Supremes' version of Stormy. Come on, anybody know... without checking with DFTMC, that is.

theboyfromxtown
04-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Absolutely invaluable. A bit like the paper version I used to compile in the late 60s and 70s... yeah right! It beats mine all ends up. I use it regularly... today's visit was to remind me who produced the Supremes' version of Stormy. Come on, anybody know... without checking with DFTMC, that is.

The man himself.............my idol.

keith_hughes
04-07-2016, 06:43 PM
Thanks as ever for these kind words. And as ever, a "tribute thread" to DFTMC must include thanks to Ritchie Hardin, who makes it all easy to read and search, and to Harry Weinger, who has given me access to all the surviving Motown paperwork in order to make the site as accurate as possible.

Keith

ps BFX - I don't know who the producer of "Stormy" was without looking, but I know who your idol is!

copley
04-07-2016, 07:24 PM
DFTMC is the 'Motown Bible' and is invaluable :)

thomas96
04-07-2016, 08:24 PM
I look at it at least once a week. Love it and so happy that it was put together. Would love to have a hard copy of it.