PDA

View Full Version : Debbie sledge very public letter to kathy sledge

test

glencro
03-29-2016, 11:39 AM

In the ongoing feud between Sister Sledge and Kathy Sledge, eldest member Debbie, who has mostly been quiet during it all posted a very public letter to youngest member Kathy on social media:

I am doing the unthinkable. I am writing a personal letter to my sister publicly! Tried everything else! I will not give up. I don't care who reads this, as long as she does. I'm looking for one person's response ...hers!
Dear Kathy, I hope you are well. We all miss you! Continued success on your solo career and we really mean that! How is that going? We are all well and cheering for you! Especially when you are honest. When you are not honest ,and lie, it is hurtful to us, and to others, including family members. When you allow unscrupulous agents to book your solo concerts as Sister Sledge concerts without our knowledge or consent ,it is dishonest, hurtful to yourself, your family and others. Why would you allow that? Especially in view of the fact that it is illegal and against the signed court ordered settlement you willingly agreed to. Please don't do that! You are talented and gifted and do not need to resort to lies. Is there something I can help you with? I would love to! What is your agenda? Perhaps that is why we have not heard from you all of these years! Perhaps your agenda does not include being open and honest with your sisters? It certainly does not seem to exhibit the unity we stand for. It does not communicate. Remember, I sent you an invitation to my wedding anniversary ,vow renewal ...no response or acknowledgement from you or other family members who were effected by your lies! That was very hurtful. When a life event is not even acknowledged by an invitee, it is hurtful but more so when the invitee is a loved family member! You even posted a video of my vow renewal on your social media, which let me know you were aware of it but never spoke to me or acknowledged my invitation to you!
The last letter we received from you was in Sept 2015, after 25 years of basically no response to our communication and personal letters!
We all thought, At last!..signs of communication opening up! That was six months ago. You did not acknowledge my response to you then! But you did go to the press with lies! When will you break your silence towards us? Why not end it ?
I am claiming and declaring a prophetic declaration for this year 2016! "Breakthrough",.. "Walls Come Down! "! Healing , Restoration and Renewal Now"!!! I forgive you! We forgive you! Hope to hear from you personally soon... apart from lawyers... just as a sister.
Love,
Debbie
P.S." Ain't you tired?"

Jerry Oz
03-29-2016, 12:53 PM
She should have had someone proofread that before making it public. Just sayin'...

Anyway, whatever caused the divide between these women won't go away with a letter, public or not. People don't like being called liars and this will make their problems worse, not better. And to that point, I'm pretty sure they know what put the burr up Kathy's butt but until it is addressed, they won't fix this mess. And probably not after, but at least they can confront the problem head on by acknowledging it.

theboyfromxtown
03-29-2016, 02:05 PM
When they were touring the UK, my uncle chauffeured them around and he remarked to me that they were some of the nicest girls he had ever met. I think they always had their mother or a family member with them in those days.

rod_rick
03-29-2016, 06:48 PM
She should have had someone proofread that before making it public. Just sayin'...

Anyway, whatever caused the divide between these women won't go away with a letter, public or not. People don't like being called liars and this will make their problems worse, not better. And to that point, I'm pretty sure they know what put the burr up Kathy's butt but until it is addressed, they won't fix this mess. And probably not after, but at least they can confront the problem head on by acknowledging it.

Can someone tell me when the all four of the ladies appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show singing "We Are Family"? Don't think that was 25 years ago? I can sing with you but can't talk to you. Something just not right. One more question. "What's the big deal with Kathy booking gigs as Sister Sledge she sang lead on all the hits? IMO they all should be able to use the name.

marv2
03-29-2016, 07:02 PM
What they all need to do is just stop it! Remember all of them played apart in their original success. They need to either decide to reconcile and perform again as a group or go their separate ways without malice. They need to remember what time it is............

midnightman
03-30-2016, 01:28 AM
I'm sorry but they're all too grown to act like this...

Roberta75
03-30-2016, 02:24 AM
She should have had someone proofread that before making it public. Just sayin'...Anyway, whatever caused the divide between these women won't go away with a letter, public or not. People don't like being called liars and this will make their problems worse, not better. And to that point, I'm pretty sure they know what put the burr up Kathy's butt but until it is addressed, they won't fix this mess. And probably not after, but at least they can confront the problem head on by acknowledging it.I have to agree with you JerryOZ. Not the best words for bringing healing and love and any sort of reunion. Sad. Real real sad.Fondly,Roberta

Jerry Oz
03-30-2016, 12:29 PM
It's the business. It happened to Charlie and Ronnie Wilson and En Vogue and it'll be happening for as long as there people have ego and jealousy to muddy the water. There's a reason why every episode of "Unsung" shows that drugs and/or money and/or sex and/or desire to do greater things solo destroy careers. People can't keep it together.

It makes you appreciate groups like the Dells and the Four Tops who are the exceptions to the rule that it's hard to link your fate with another person without ultimately wanting nothing to do with them.

arr&bee
03-30-2016, 05:45 PM
It's always sad when families are torn apart,life is to damn short for any kinds of stuff like this..sisters get it together and get together,before one is standing over a casket crying thinking that you shoulda done more.

marv2
03-30-2016, 07:28 PM
It's always sad when families are torn apart,life is to damn short for any kinds of stuff like this..sisters get it together and get together,before one is standing over a casket crying thinking that you shoulda done more.

Amen. This is the point I was trying to make.

glencro
03-30-2016, 07:44 PM

I totally agree arr&bee

Bluebrock
03-31-2016, 04:33 AM
It is such a sad situation. I have met all the sisters but i know Kathy much better than Kim, Joni and Debbie and i have to say she has always come across as a beautiful person. Kind, considerate, friendly and a pleasure to speak to. The other girls always seemed to be really nice too, and i find it so very very sad that we have come to a situation like this. Life is too short to waste on this kind of nonsense, especially when it is with siblings. I do so hope these girls can settle their differences before it is too late. I am praying for them all.

Guy
03-31-2016, 11:50 AM
OMG. The Sledge sisters would be perfect for "Iyanla, fix my life!"

glencro
04-02-2016, 12:36 PM
OMG. The Sledge sisters would be perfect for "Iyanla, fix my life!"

I agree Guy.

glencro
04-02-2016, 12:52 PM
My mother always said that "you can attract more bees with honey than vinegar". Though the letter started off as we miss you and wish you the best I believe to turn around and call her a liar would make me apprehensive about responding too. A better approach may have been we have some things that we need to discuss among ourselves without lawyers being involved. I've had a chance to meet all four sisters [[actually briefly met the fifth sister too) and they were all some of the most genuinely nicest people that I've met period. I'm currently reading Ruth Pointer's book and she talks about the strain that the industry and fame put on her relationship with her sisters so I guess it happens to the best of them. Though there are two often three sides to every story. I'm not understanding the 25 years considering both of these promo photos were shot in early to mid 2000s. 112221122311224

Cstok002
01-17-2017, 10:49 AM
Very beautifully written, she sounds very sincere....