PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods Struggling

test

ralpht
08-09-2010, 04:28 PM
He finished 18th in last weeks tourney in Ohio. The worst of his carreer.
I feel for the kid and am betting he comes back strong.

StuBass1
08-09-2010, 10:35 PM
He actually did worse than that Ralph...18 over par...worst finish in his professional career and second from LAST place... It just goes to show the mental aspect of the game. Since his exposure last year...all of his habits, activities, and daily routines [[not seeing his kids, etc) have changed and he's not coping with it very well. He needs to continue his therapy OR. Get another gaggle of women in every city. to get back to his old habits and game. I believed all along that he should have sat out the entire year.:mad:

paladin
08-10-2010, 01:30 AM
More than that he's released both of his former coaches. He's found that there are some things in life you cant control. Some would say that because of his many indiscretions, he was crying out to be caught. I feel for him too in a small way but he had to know this was coming. The man ain't stupid and this "vertigo" has him spinning out of control. What was once his sanctuary has now become his public hell. Sooner or later he'll bounce back and hopefully everything will return to his sense of normal. I wish him luck for he made the game interesting.

Hey Stub, I don't buy that "not seeing my kids routine" unless you interpet that as "The Kids Mom is not responsive to me seeing my kids and is doing everyhting in her power not to let me see them" ........that would bug the hell out of any man.

theboyfromxtown
08-10-2010, 08:53 PM
"The man ain't stupid"

I reckon that might be open to debate. Surely he didn't think he could get away with it without being found out eventually.

StuBass1
08-11-2010, 12:38 AM
I would also not consider Tiger a "kid" Ralph...but a well educated, well reared man who is a multi billion dollar industry who royally f***ed up. I, like many others bought into his advertized persona...but despite the fact that he was born with a silver spoon, opted for burnt toast. He's living with the choices and decisions HE made and ultimately must bear the burdon of how he disappointed his fans, sponsors, family, and friends.

marybrewster
08-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Bravo Stu.

ralpht
08-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Stu,
From my age perspective, Tiger is a kid. Trust me.

StuBass1
08-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Damn Ralph...from YOUR perspective, so am I lol.

marxthespot
08-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Tiger is no dummy when it comes to staging a comeback.....He does poorly now to get everyone "concerned" about him. Then he pulls out all the stops and comes out on top again. He becomes bigger than ever....Very transparent.

ralpht
08-11-2010, 04:38 PM
So right, Stu. And when it comes to age, I seem to remember you're walking around in my neighborhood.

StuBass1
08-12-2010, 10:23 AM
So right, Stu. And when it comes to age, I seem to remember you're walking around in my neighborhood.

Actually Ralph...you may recall I was being pushed around in a stroller in your neighborhood. Perhaps I really meant that Arnold Palmer is still a kid.

As for Tiger...he ain't tanking. It's not a part of his competitive nature. Also, there's the Ryder Cup issue...where another week like he's been having and he could lose his guaranteed spot on the team and his #1 world ranking.

jobeterob
08-12-2010, 02:07 PM
I feel for him somewhat as well but I also agree that he got what he deserved; he had it all, he risked it, he got bit; it's not a lot different than Whitney Houston. If Tiger isn't addicted, he sure loved his life style.

But ya, he's a human being; he is suffering a great deal. His mental concentration is shot. I don't think it's part of a game. I think it's his life and things aren't going well and his golf game is suffering.

He might recover; he might not. We'll see how strong he really is.

But it's a little hard not to empathize with him; even if he was a major screw up, he sure has come down in the world. The people to be admired are the ones who fail and pick themselves up and stop the drugs, stop the drinking, stop the womanizing, re focus on the career and succeed.

Tiger is a smart guy. We'll be watching to see how it goes.

ralpht
08-12-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm still betting that he will get his act together and make a huge come-back.