PDA

View Full Version : John Lee Hooker with Jackie, Marlene Louvain and Mary Wilson

test

theboyfromxtown
03-25-2016, 11:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXVaBrG24g4

I posted this track to Louvain and asked if it brought back any memories.

theboyfromxtown
03-25-2016, 11:36 AM
Louvain Demps:

Laughing when i listened to this.....do i ever have memories ! yes ! this was done in Chicago....On this session, i hired Mary Wilson, to sing with us, yes, the one and only Mary Wilson [[ i picked her, because i felt she had the better voice of the three.) smile Jackie , Marlene , Mary , and myself ended up on the floor in the recording booth, almost in tears, we could hardly sing for a moment laughing so hard at a line John Lee had sung....that would be told to that someone special....at a later time [[sorry )

theboyfromxtown
03-25-2016, 11:37 AM
Louvain Demps:

John Lee, called me often...when i would say " Hi, John Lee " he would ask me....."How did you know it was me".....wonder why? smile

sansradio
03-25-2016, 11:49 AM
Thanks for posting! Being the Supremes completist that I am, I recently downloaded this.

marv2
03-25-2016, 12:57 PM
I wonder if Mary remembers this song.

theboyfromxtown
03-25-2016, 01:24 PM
If not the song then I suspect she will remember the fun aspect. We tend to remember stuff like that.

marv2
03-25-2016, 01:52 PM
If not the song then I suspect she will remember the fun aspect. We tend to remember stuff like that.

I will see her in a couple of weeks and you're right. We remember the fun things above all else.

captainjames
03-25-2016, 05:26 PM
Good one John and thanks for sharing.

theboyfromxtown
03-25-2016, 08:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgTPnI7md6A

theboyfromxtown
03-25-2016, 08:22 PM
Louvain Demps

John, I thank you very much, as i had not heard these since the playbacks in the studio There will never be moments like these again...I have been blessed or , We have been Blessed....whatever we didn't get back then, we do have something to show our labor has not been in vain....
The Andantes: Jackie Hicks [[ the late ) Marlene Barrow-Tate Louvain Demps

marv2
03-26-2016, 12:15 AM
Louvain Demps

John, I thank you very much, as i had not heard these since the playbacks in the studio There will never be moments like these again...I have been blessed or , We have been Blessed....whatever we didn't get back then, we do have something to show our labor has not been in vain....
The Andantes: Jackie Hicks [[ the late ) Marlene Barrow-Tate Louvain Demps

Thank you again for this nice piece of history.

soulwally
03-29-2016, 06:24 PM
Louvain Demps:

Laughing when i listened to this.....do i ever have memories ! yes ! this was done in Chicago....On this session, i hired Mary Wilson, to sing with us, yes, the one and only Mary Wilson [[ i picked her, because i felt she had the better voice of the three.) smile Jackie , Marlene , Mary , and myself ended up on the floor in the recording booth, almost in tears, we could hardly sing for a moment laughing so hard at a line John Lee had sung....that would be told to that someone special....at a later time [[sorry )
This is really quite sweet. Thanks Louvain. And not forgetting John...

marv2
03-29-2016, 07:03 PM
This is really quite sweet. Thanks Louvain. And not forgetting John...

I like this. I like more of artists that we still have remembering those that have gone on.

theboyfromxtown
05-14-2016, 03:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK1LQ1OwChE

Louvain Demps recalls recording this song at Veejay

theboyfromxtown
05-14-2016, 04:00 PM

Shock horrors......who would have thought!

marv2
05-14-2016, 04:01 PM
theboyfromxtown thank you for bringing these recordings and the stories behind them to our attention. I'm really enjoying them and will look towards buying my own copies.

marv2
05-14-2016, 04:02 PM

Shock horrors......who would have thought!

Now that picture scared me! It popped up just as I was sending my last posting.
LOL!

theboyfromxtown
05-14-2016, 04:03 PM
now that picture scared me! It popped up just as i was sending my last posting.
Lol!

lolololololololol

marv2
05-14-2016, 07:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXVaBrG24g4

I posted this track to Louvain and asked if it brought back any memories.

This song is so cool and a lot of fun. LOL!