PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Gaye 3 1971-1981

test

mysterysinger
03-24-2016, 06:37 PM
Have received an email from Pledge Music that the third Marvin Gaye vinyl box set is on the way from Motown.http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/marvingayevinyl?referrer=project_launched&utm_campaign=project13454&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pledgemusic

marv2
03-25-2016, 08:08 PM
I have all of these albums in very good to mint condition which is what makes it hard for me to purchase them again now that they've been repackaged.

soulster
03-25-2016, 11:25 PM
I own all those albums on CD with very nice masterings. I also own several masterings of "What's Going On" alone.

I don't need this box.

marv2
03-26-2016, 12:14 AM
I own all those albums on CD with very nice masterings. I also own several masterings of "What's Going On" alone.

I don't need this box.
I have the original vinyl from their individual release dates.

mysterysinger
03-26-2016, 08:55 AM
As a non vinyl person these days, it wouldn't interest me. I notice there's no announcement of either volume 2 or 3 on CD as yet. Even though I have all the albums on CD already, and in mini lp format from Japan as well, I plunged for the first volume when it was cheap on CD. I was quite disappointed with the CD covers. But these same albums seem to see release on a regular basis yet they must think there is still a market for them.

Bluebrock
03-26-2016, 12:02 PM
As a non vinyl person these days, it wouldn't interest me. I notice there's no announcement of either volume 2 or 3 on CD as yet. Even though I have all the albums on CD already, and in mini lp format from Japan as well, I plunged for the first volume when it was cheap on CD. I was quite disappointed with the CD covers. But these same albums seem to see release on a regular basis yet they must think there is still a market for them.
If it introduces more people to the magic of Marvin Gaye then i have no problem with it. A lot of youngsters are turning to vinyl these days. I have three generations of children and my middle two who are both in their 20's are buying stuff on vinyl that i dispensed with 25 years ago!

soulster
03-26-2016, 01:50 PM
If it introduces more people to the magic of Marvin Gaye then i have no problem with it. A lot of youngsters are turning to vinyl these days. I have three generations of children and my middle two who are both in their 20's are buying stuff on vinyl that i dispensed with 25 years ago!

The industry is too obsessed with trying to turn on the younger generations to old music to create new customers. The problem is that the young people will discover the music on their own, and perhaps resent being pandered to.

Bluebrock
03-26-2016, 01:57 PM
The industry is too obsessed with trying to turn on the younger generations to old music to create new customers. The problem is that the young people will discover the music on their own, and perhaps resent being pandered to.
Maybe, maybe not, but i know when i was young i was delighted to be introduced to "older" music by my friends elder brother and certain relatives, so it is sometimes good to have someone or something to make you dig a little deeper than the depressing mainstream radio stations.