PDA

View Full Version : Obama Clinton Remain #1 Most Admired

test

jobeterob
12-28-2010, 01:56 AM
By: CNN's Gabriella Schwarz

[[CNN) - President Barack Obama is the most admired man of 2010, according to a new national poll.

The Gallup survey released Monday indicates Obama leads the pack of former presidents, religious leaders and cultural icons for the third year in a row with 22 percent. He is followed by former President George W. Bush with five percent and former President Bill Clinton with four percent.

However, when broken down by political party Obama leads among Democrats with 46 percent and among independents with 17 percent, but loses traction among Republicans, a category Bush leads with 11 percent.

Nelson Mandela, Bill Gates, Pope Benedict XVI and Rev. Bill Graham also rank among the most admired men.

For the ninth consecutive year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was voted the most admired woman of the year, receiving 17 percent to lead Sarah Palin at 12 percent, Oprah Winfrey at 11 percent and Michelle Obama at five percent, according to the poll.

Those numbers also change when sorted by political affiliation. Clinton still leads among Democrats with 31 percent and independents with 15 percent, but Palin is number one among Republicans with 26 percent.

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Queen Elizabeth of Great Britain also rank among the most admired. This year's survey marks the 43rd appearance in the top ten for the British royal, the record for any woman.

The Gallup poll surveyed 1,019 adults living in the U.S. and was conducted via telephone between December 10 and December 12. It has an overall sampling error of plus or minus four percentage points.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • President Obama We recommend

soulster
12-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Soooo...why did you title it "Obama Clinton"? it's misleading.

jobeterob
12-28-2010, 02:55 PM
That was the CNN Headline; most times I just copy it. I suppose they thought that was the way to get the most viewers. How come it's misleading? Obama #1 man, Clinton #1 woman. Did you think it was about Bill? Or about a new Presidential ticket?? LOL

soulster
12-28-2010, 05:02 PM
That was the CNN Headline; most times I just copy it. I suppose they thought that was the way to get the most viewers. How come it's misleading? Obama #1 man, Clinton #1 woman. Did you think it was about Bill?

Bill Clinton's the one that came to my mind. I'm sure i'm not the only one.

jobeterob
12-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Interesting. You are probably right.

I was surprised that Bill didn't rank higher up. Of course, considering he sat on TV and truly did effectively lie to us by hair splitting about not pounding Monica when he was doing everything but! Maybe he should not have ranked higher.

soulster
12-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Interesting. You are probably right.

I was surprised that Bill didn't rank higher up. Of course, considering he sat on TV and truly did effectively lie to us by hair splitting about not pounding Monica when he was doing everything but! Maybe he should not have ranked higher.
He didn't pound her. he just got some oral stimulation.

jobeterob
12-29-2010, 01:01 AM
I know. But he did kind of tell a "big lie"...................he didn't have sexual intercourse with her but he did nearly everything else. Only real mistake he made and sorry for the faint of heart on this............but he shouldn't have let her spill any on the dress.

soulster
12-29-2010, 09:40 AM
I know. But he did kind of tell a "big lie"...................he didn't have sexual intercourse with her but he did nearly everything else. Only real mistake he made and sorry for the faint of heart on this............but he shouldn't have let her spill any on the dress.

You know what? That happened over ten years ago. He finally confessed, he was impeached, he was a good president, he's still popular, so let it go.

arrr&bee
12-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Wow i always thought that santa would be no.1!