PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross & The Supremes Remixes

test

mysterysinger
03-11-2016, 09:41 PM
Did anyone buy this album - was it any good?

Tracklist
1 You Can't Hurry Love [[Readymade Re-Edit)
2 You Keep Me Hangin' On [[Dj Fumiya Remix)
3 I'm Coming Out [[Jazztronik Boogie Soul Edit)
4 Baby Love [[Halfby More Shambles Remix)
5 Upside Down [[I-Dep's Downside Up Mix)
6 The Boss [[SH Club Mix)
7 Theme From Mahogany - Do You Know Where You'Re Going To ? [[Captain Funk Punky-Nighty Mix)
8 Stop! In The Name Of Love [[Low Jack Mix)
9 I'm Still Waiting [[Handsomeboy Technique Remix )
10 I'm Coming Out [[Force Of Nature Remix)
11 Ain't No Mountain High Enough [[FPM's Dancefloor's Tension Is High Enough' Mix)

marv2
03-11-2016, 11:20 PM
Nope, but I did by "The #1's" which was an excellent collection.

zani57
03-12-2016, 03:47 AM
I DID buy it. Had kind of forgotten about it. Listening to it now. One of my favorite remixes is of "I'm Still Waiting."

Bluebrock
03-12-2016, 09:56 AM
I bought it but only played it a couple of times. Not a stellar collection in my humble opinion.
Would i recommend it ? No.

ejluther
03-12-2016, 01:39 PM
I have it - it's not a bad idea but the problem is that it's nearly impossible to make something that's already perfect any better...;)

Philles/Motown Gary
03-13-2016, 12:52 AM
I heard parts of it. I thought it was horrible. Dreadful, in fact! Not at all what you would expect from a Motown remix. And the remixes were not at all true to the original recordings.

mysterysinger
03-13-2016, 08:03 PM
That's good enough for me [[or more likely not good enough). I shall leave it alone!

Bluebrock
03-14-2016, 07:27 AM
It was a very poor attempt. Ghastly remixes that have little or no resemblance to the glorious originals. I will probably never play it again.

thommg
03-14-2016, 10:57 AM
It was a very poor attempt. Ghastly remixes that have little or no resemblance to the glorious originals. I will probably never play it again.

I like remixes and don't necessarily need them to be similar to the original releases - thought anything with "A Tom Moulton Mix" gets my attention. I go back to this collection every now and again, thinking that I may like it better. I don't. I find most of these remixes far too busy trying to be clever with sounds. For dance things, I'll take the Almighty Remixes done on The Supremes material. That is so much better.

Bluebrock
03-14-2016, 11:03 AM
I like remixes and don't necessarily need them to be similar to the original releases - thought anything with "A Tom Moulton Mix" gets my attention. I go back to this collection every now and again, thinking that I may like it better. I don't. I find most of these remixes far too busy trying to be clever with sounds. For dance things, I'll take the Almighty Remixes done on The Supremes material. That is so much better.

I agree thommg. The almighty mixes are good, and as for Tom Moulton he is nothing short of a genius.

markdtiller
03-14-2016, 06:21 PM
Dire Japanese remixes. I did like the cover art though.

Buttered Popcorn and so forth
03-14-2016, 07:04 PM
I liked the remixes. I guess if you only like dance club remixes, you'd not like this CD, but I love it cuz there are so many different styles used. Here's the old archived thread where someone described all of the mixes. http://faac.us/adf/messages/131452/148982.html?1183845652 I found it cuz I remembered someone described the "Theme From Mahogany" remix as sounding like The Police on acid! That was one of my favourites, and I also love the retro ska remix of "Baby Love".
[[http://faac.us/adf/messages/131452/148982.html?1183845652)

carlo
03-14-2016, 08:20 PM
I remember liking this remix collection. I haven't listened to it in quite a few years though. I listen to the Diana Ross Almighty Remix collection [[limited digital only release) regularly, which is superior to this collection IMO.

Philles/Motown Gary
03-15-2016, 10:59 AM
I remember liking this remix collection. I haven't listened to it in quite a few years though. I listen to the Diana Ross Almighty Remix collection [[limited digital only release) regularly, which is superior to this collection IMO.

Carlo, I'm not sure how many Diana Ross' Almighty Remixes you're referring to from downloads, as I was never aware of those, but three of Diana's Almighty Remix tracks are available on the following Various Artists CD's:

"I'm Coming Out" [[Almighty Anthem Mix) from "Almighty: The Definitive Collection [[Vol. 4)"
http://www.amazon.com/Almighty-Definitive-Collection-Various-Artists/dp/B000F7CDLW/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458053343&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=almighty%3A++the+definitive+collection+vo l.+4

"Love Hangover" [[Almighty Anthem Mix) - from "Almighty: The Definitive Collection [[Vol. 5)"
http://www.amazon.com/Almighty-Definitive-Collection-Various-Artists/dp/B000S1MIXI/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458053780&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=almighty%3A++the+definitive+collection+vo l.+5

"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" [[Almighty 12" Definitive Mix) - from "Almighty: The Definitive Collection [[Vol. 6)"
http://www.amazon.com/Almighty-Definitive-Collection-Vol-6/dp/B00265RSAC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458053556&sr=8-1&keywords=almighty%3A++the+definitive+collection+vo l.+6

- Gary

thommg
03-15-2016, 11:05 AM
I found it cuz I remembered someone described the "Theme From Mahogany" remix as sounding like The Police on acid.[/URL]

And you have to love any remix that comes with the caveat, "Not for the faint-hearted."

Bluebrock
03-15-2016, 11:36 AM
And you have to love any remix that comes with the caveat, "Not for the faint-hearted."
It should also say "not for the discerning music fan"!