PDA

View Full Version : Bacharach And Motown

test

honest man
03-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Hello lovely people i'm trying to compile a Motown-Bacharach cdr for myself and need some suggestions of songs recorded by Motown acts ,I have the motown salutes Bacharach cd but i know there is more ,Raindrops keep fallin- Edwin Starr, A House is not a home DRATS-Temptations etc,more would be appreciated[so long to go through my collection] much appreciated,cheers.

mysterysinger
03-06-2016, 07:48 PM
The entire Stephanie Mills album

mysterysinger
03-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Gladys Knight "The Look Of Love"

greg jones
03-07-2016, 03:31 AM
What The World Needs Now - Diana Ross & The Supremes [[from "Reflections")

Sharpmoves
03-07-2016, 08:00 AM
Martha Reeves and Vandellas recorded both "There's Always Something There to Remind Me" and "I Say A Little Prayer" on their album Ridin' High
The Marvelettes recorded "Message To Michael" on their "pink" album.
The Four Tops did "This Guy's In Love With You" and "The Look of Love" on their Soul Spin album. Will you publish your track listings when you have finished? It would be fascinating to see the extent to which Motown covered the great Burt Bacharach!

reese
03-07-2016, 10:13 AM
"Close To You" on Diana Ross' EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING and DIANA! albums.

"Let The Music Play" on the Supremes' LET THE SUNSHINE IN album.

"This Guy's In Love With You" on the DIANA ROSS AND THE SUPREMES JOIN THE TEMPTATIONS album, and The Tempts' LIVE AT LONDON'S TALK OF THE TOWN album.

"The Look Of Love" on the Supremes' LET THE MUSIC PLAY cd.

"One Less Bell To Answer" on Gladys Knight and the Pips' IF I WERE YOUR WOMAN album.

"Anyone Who Had A Heart" on Martha and the Vandellas' BLACK MAGIC album.

"Alfie" on Stevie Wonder's EIVETS REDNOW album.

johnny_raven
03-07-2016, 02:57 PM
The April Fools - Gordon Staples
I Wake Up Crying - The Originals

paul_nixon
03-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Hello lovely people i'm trying to compile a Motown-Bacharach cdr for myself and need some suggestions of songs recorded by Motown acts ,I have the motown salutes Bacharach cd but i know there is more ,Raindrops keep fallin- Edwin Starr, A House is not a home DRATS-Temptations etc,more would be appreciated[so long to go through my collection] much appreciated,cheers.

Of course you could always buy the Motown salutes Bacharach CD

mr soul
03-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Any Day Now - Eddie Kendricks
Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head - Jimmy Ruffin
Walk On By - Kiki Dee
The Things I Will Not Miss - Marvin Gaye & Diana Ross
Sinners Devotion [Motown related] - Tammi Montgomery/Terrell

Laserdk
03-08-2016, 03:08 PM
And don't forget Barbara Randolph's version of "The Look Of Love" released on her UK Motown CD "The Collection" in 2003. This version used the same backing track as the Supremes' version, if memory serves me correct.

Ivor

honest man
03-08-2016, 04:13 PM
Of course you could always buy the Motown salutes Bacharach CDOF Course i have cd ,read again,i am asking for songs not on the cd,thanks to everyone who has responded correctly ,anymore songs to add THAT ARE NOT ON MOTOWN-BACHARACH CD,Cheers

longtimefan
03-09-2016, 12:54 AM
OF Course i have cd ,read again,i am asking for songs not on the cd,thanks to everyone who has responded correctly ,anymore songs to add THAT ARE NOT ON MOTOWN-BACHARACH CD,Cheers

Yes, I think you made that clear. However, I think it is interesting that the SDF fans are making.

I may create my Volume 2 for the car.

paul_nixon
03-09-2016, 04:32 AM
OF Course i have cd ,read again,i am asking for songs not on the cd,thanks to everyone who has responded correctly ,anymore songs to add THAT ARE NOT ON MOTOWN-BACHARACH CD,Cheers

Apologies old eyes aren't what they were completely missed the line about having the CD

roger
03-09-2016, 06:39 PM
There is a version of "Message To Michael" by Barbara McNair on her "Here I Am" LP.

Roger

honest man
03-11-2016, 11:51 AM
Hello lovely people i'm trying to compile a Motown-Bacharach cdr for myself and need some suggestions of songs recorded by Motown acts ,I have the motown salutes Bacharach cd but i know there is more ,Raindrops keep fallin- Edwin Starr, A House is not a home DRATS-Temptations etc,more would be appreciated[so long to go through my collection] much appreciated,cheers.ok gang i reckon the following titles are final please add if any missing,cheers.
1What The World Needs Now - Diana Ross & The Supremes [[from "Reflections"
2The Four Tops did "This Guy's In Love With You" and 3"The Look of Love" on their Soul Spin album
4"I Say A Little Prayer" on their album Ridin' High
5This Guy's In Love With You" on the DIANA ROSS AND THE SUPREMES JOIN THE TEMPTATIONS
6The Look Of Love" on the Supremes' LET THE MUSIC PLAY cd

honest man
03-11-2016, 12:00 PM
7I Wake Up Crying - The Originals
8 Raindrops keep falling jimmy ruffin
9Walk On By - Kiki Dee
10The Things I Will Not Miss - Marvin Gaye & Diana Ross
11The Look Of Love Barbara Randolph
12The April Fools - Gordon Staples

honest man
03-11-2016, 12:08 PM
13Soupy Sales. "This Guy`s In Love
14Gordon Staples. "Look Of Love
15San Remo Strings. "Alfie
16Miracles. "This Guy`s In Love
17Jonah Jones. "I Say A Little Prayer
18 Message To Michael Barbara McNair

honest man
03-11-2016, 12:22 PM
19 Raindrops keep falling Edwin Starr
20 Supremes/Temptations. "House Is Not A Home
ok think that is it,1 –Gladys Knight & The Pips* The Look Of Love 3:53
2 –Martha Reeves & The Vandellas I Say A Little Prayer 3:05
3 –Jimmy Ruffin This Guy's In Love With You 4:49
4 –Smokey Robinson & The Miracles* I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself 2:27
5 –The Marvelettes Message To Michael 3:06
6 –Eddie Kendricks Any Day Now 5:00
7 –Stevie Wonder Alfie 3:12
8 –Four Tops Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head 3:32
9 –Tom Clay What The World Needs Now Is Love 6:20
10 –Diana Ross & The Supremes* Let The Music Play 2:37
11 –Martha Reeves & The Vandellas [[There's) Always Something There To Remind Me 3:01
12 –Gladys Knight & The Pips* One Less Bell To Answer 3:07
13 –The Supremes & The Temptations Do You Know The Way To San José? 1:12
14 –Martha Reeves & The Vandellas Anyone Who Had A Heart 3:53
15 –Stevie Wonder A House Is Not A Home 3:27
16 –Diana Ross Close To You 3:41
17 –Smokey Robinson & The Miracles* Walk On By 2:45
18 –Stephanie Mills This Empty Place , Here are the Motown salutes Bacharach tracklistings cd ,aAdd any missing titles,thanks to everyone who contributed.

honest man
03-12-2016, 07:28 AM
ok 2 more Walk on by Undisputed truth- Celebration A house is not a home