test

theboyfromxtown
02-29-2016, 11:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9qTDD-BTHo

This is back again....it was blocked for a while

Thank you to Venus.

Bluebrock
02-29-2016, 01:50 PM
Always loved this, Thanks for posting again.

midnightman
02-29-2016, 03:30 PM
A lot of Marvin stuff was blocked but they unblocked it recently. Makes me a happier fan. :) Thanks for posting.

soulster
02-29-2016, 04:11 PM
Universal probably got paid.

To me, this song represented a more mature, or world-weary sound from Marvin. It's also a lot more soulful. I still have the 45 I got when I was six years old, but back then, I favored the b-side "At Last [[I Found A Love For Me)".

arr&bee
02-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Very cool gem from marvin.

midnightman
02-29-2016, 07:36 PM
Universal probably got paid.

To me, this song represented a more mature, or world-weary sound from Marvin. It's also a lot more soulful. I still have the 45 I got when I was six years old, but back then, I favored the b-side "At Last [[I Found A Love For Me)".

Good point. YouTube is so rich now it can pay labels off... I remember they didn't wanna pay Warner Bros money for years after WB demanded its videos be taken down. Then suddenly they made a deal and a lot of songs posted from Warner were suddenly in abundance again. Universal usually just blocks the videos from being played until something happens.

copley
03-02-2016, 05:57 AM
One of my Top 5 Marvin favs :)

BigAl
03-02-2016, 09:11 AM
Along with "You" [[with Gladys Knight & Pips on backup), "Chained is one of Marvin's most overlooked singles. It was a much better production and performance than Paul Peterson's original [[which itself was excellent, considering it was sung by a TV personality with limited vocal skills). When Marvin's In the Groove album came out I played the hell out of this track. On the same album I saw that there was also a version of "I Heard It Through The Grapevine," which I wasn't so keen on, preferring Gladys/Pips' version, but thought it was okay. Little did I expect it would become one of Marvin's [[and Hitsville's) all-time biggest hits, and that the album would quickly be retitled and repackaged to reflect this. Thus, those other two singles from that album were far overshadowed by "Grapevine," which is kind of a shame because both were near perfect.

marv2
03-02-2016, 12:21 PM
These songs bring back so many memories. Marvin was so popular we even tried to dress like him. LOL

midnightman
03-03-2016, 08:43 PM
"Chained" was pretty funky... and Marvin made it so... :D