PDA

View Full Version : Supremes on Dinah including interview and two performances of He's My Man

test

luke
02-28-2016, 06:34 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kZjkhAvIe4M

marv2
02-28-2016, 06:57 PM
Ahhh the 70s! Great memories. Thanks Luke.

luke
02-28-2016, 07:24 PM
My pleasure. Never saw the interview before. That second He's My Man..they were smokin!

Bluebrock
02-29-2016, 08:44 AM
The girls were very inconsistent when performing "he's my man". Some of the performances were excellent and some were quite frankly a mess. I recall them doing top of the pops and they were all over the place, yet some of the other performances are rather good. Strange.

luke
02-29-2016, 02:35 PM
Yea I agree. I thin also they rushed to perform after having been dormant so long.

sup_fan
03-04-2016, 01:07 PM
also I think there wasn't a clear focus on the group. you had the Pedro mess stirring the pot, mary trying to establish herself as the clear leader, budget cuts. the gowns were good but IMO they were selected based on Mary's look and for her to be, frankly, as low cut as possible. There's an American Bandstand clip of This Is Why I Believe In You with the girls in the lavender tops and black pants. mary is bra-less and that choreography was NOT appropriate on a teen dance show to be going commando.

I think the lack of strong management led to too many last minute, under prepared, rushed decisions and so things weren't always top notch