12-26-2010, 09:56 PM
www.cnn.com

RIP Lady T.

marybrewster
12-26-2010, 10:35 PM
This is so sad.

positivesoul
12-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Very Sad. First time I heard her I knew she was a star.

GeeTee(HPK)
12-26-2010, 10:41 PM
May she rest in peace. :[[

marybrewster
12-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Has her cause of death been released? She was so young, just 54 years old. What a tragedy.

topdiva1
12-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Tina Marie, reportedly died in her sleep as a result of a heart attack - it is said that she had been experiencing some medical trouble recently but kept it hide. To further saddened the fact of her death at 54, Miss Marie passed away after a party for her daughter Rose's 18th birthday. Our prayers are for her family, I am sure.

soulster
12-27-2010, 02:32 PM
I wonder if her record labels would ever licence her masters for a comprehensive retrospective of her career.

marybrewster
12-28-2010, 10:11 AM
"I am horrified by the sudden death of my darling Teena Marie. She was my “baby,” always true to herself, always true to her heart. When I first auditioned her she was so awesome she blew me away. She had so much soul – the only thing white about her was her skin. She was a powerhouse performer, writer, producer and arranger. Anyone who ever saw her perform, alone or with Rick James, will never forget how exciting music can be. My heart goes out to her sweet, sweet daughter, Alia Rose, her family, friends and fans. Teena Marie will always be a part of the Motown family. We will all miss her."

-Berry Gordy, Founder of Motown

Penny
12-28-2010, 12:37 PM
I am just horrified to read about this. How very sad.

tomato tom
12-28-2010, 12:48 PM
So sad to hear this awful news. May She Rest In Peace. Pauo XXXXX

Kamasu_Jr
12-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Shockingly sad.

jobeterob
12-28-2010, 02:58 PM
There was a CNN report with a headline about Berry Gordy releasing a statement saying he'd lost his baby, that the only thing white about her was her skin and indicating an autopsy was scheduled. But the report seems gone already or I'd post it.

She was still a very young lady; very sad.

marybrewster
12-28-2010, 03:27 PM
There was a CNN report with a headline about Berry Gordy releasing a statement saying he'd lost his baby, that the only thing white about her was her skin and indicating an autopsy was scheduled. But the report seems gone already or I'd post it.

She was still a very young lady; very sad.

It's posted above, rob. ;)

marybrewster
12-28-2010, 03:28 PM
"I am horrified by the sudden death of my darling Teena Marie. She was my “baby,” always true to herself, always true to her heart. When I first auditioned her she was so awesome she blew me away. She had so much soul – the only thing white about her was her skin. She was a powerhouse performer, writer, producer and arranger. Anyone who ever saw her perform, alone or with Rick James, will never forget how exciting music can be. My heart goes out to her sweet, sweet daughter, Alia Rose, her family, friends and fans. Teena Marie will always be a part of the Motown family. We will all miss her."

-Berry Gordy, Founder of Motown

nomis
12-28-2010, 06:34 PM
This is sad..we were just discussing Teena and sharing songs and clips on my facebook page last week.