PDA

View Full Version : Missed the Dionne Segment on "The Insider"

test

daviddesper
02-10-2016, 08:46 PM
I had read on here about the special segments to be shown about Grammy winners on The Insider. I watched the Aretha feature, which I believe was the first in the series.

I then set my DVR for Tuesday night [[9th) believing that was to be the night that Dionne would be on. But when I watched the tape, she was not on that night.

Is her segment still slated to air on a future date? Or if I missed it, is there perhaps a link to it that one of you could provide? Thanks.

reese
02-10-2016, 10:42 PM
I watched yesterday as well. I assumed Dionne's segment was bumped due to a more important story. Maybe it will air today.

daviddesper
02-11-2016, 11:30 AM
According to the website, it was supposed to have aired Tuesday. So who knows? But there is still hope......someone has posted clips of the first three [[Aretha, Phil, and Gloria) on Youtube, so maybe if Dionne's spot did air, the same person will post it.

reese
02-11-2016, 11:40 AM
I have taped the show every night for the past week and it hasn't been shown. Last night, I missed the first 15 minutes, and Dionne wasn't on the remainder. So unless it aired during the section I missed, it hasn't aired yet.

daviddesper
02-12-2016, 01:11 AM
You tube now has Smokey up there. So if there is not yet a Dionne clip, that may mean it simply has not aired yet or maybe it is not going to.

reese
02-12-2016, 10:02 AM
Smokey's segment aired yesterday, and afterwards they showed a tease of Dionne's, saying that it is airing today.

thommg
02-12-2016, 12:14 PM
Smokey's segment aired yesterday, and afterwards they showed a tease of Dionne's, saying that it is airing today.

Yep. Saw the preview for the show this morning, Friday 2/12, and it is airing on tonight's edition of The Insider.

daviddesper
02-13-2016, 12:46 AM
Didn't get the message until nearly midnight so I will be at the mercy of youtube posters. But thanks for the heads up.

daviddesper
02-15-2016, 01:38 AM
It is up now on You Tube. I am not sure I am buying that she ran into Elton John in the grocery store, since I cannot envision either of them buying their own groceries [[!) but it was a nice clip.

reese
02-15-2016, 01:24 PM
It is up now on You Tube. I am not sure I am buying that she ran into Elton John in the grocery store, since I cannot envision either of them buying their own groceries [[!) but it was a nice clip.

It could be true. She has also said that she ran into Johnny Mathis at the grocery store and they ended up doing FRIENDS IN LOVE.