PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson - Legends of Soul Weekender - Skegness

test

marv2
02-01-2016, 12:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxLNnBRZefM

Bluebrock
02-01-2016, 01:23 PM
She was wonderful Marv. Much much better than last year. She performed with all the other great ladies of song on Saturday and then did a solo set last night. I met up with her and she was charm personified. Sorry to be so brief but I shall report more when I can.

luke
02-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Guy doing Diana Ross too much!

marv2
02-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Guy doing Diana Ross too much!

hehehehehehehehehehe.........................LOL!

luke
02-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Someone should put a soul weekender on in NYC with Motown and Maxine Brown and other soul singers in area. A lot of people would go!!

theboyfromxtown
02-01-2016, 06:42 PM
I feel awful..I have just recognised 2 of my mates in the audience by the lack of hair on their head.

LOLOL

theboyfromxtown
02-01-2016, 06:44 PM
They all seem to having a great time and that's what it's all about

theboyfromxtown
02-01-2016, 06:46 PM

Kevin Melville photo

marv2
02-01-2016, 06:46 PM
Someone should put a soul weekender on in NYC with Motown and Maxine Brown and other soul singers in area. A lot of people would go!!

Well Felix Hernandez has been doing that for years. I've been to some of his Rhythm Review parties at the Roseland Ballroom.

marv2
02-01-2016, 06:50 PM
Great picture. She truly is Supreme!

marv2
02-01-2016, 07:04 PM
She was wonderful Marv. Much much better than last year. She performed with all the other great ladies of song on Saturday and then did a solo set last night. I met up with her and she was charm personified. Sorry to be so brief but I shall report more when I can.

Did she sing any of the 70s songs or her solo songs?

REDHOT
02-02-2016, 01:30 AM
Looks like a fun night,go Mary Wilson

dickiemint
02-02-2016, 05:44 AM
Great video and photos what were the other artists like ? And did Mary perform her new songs ? Life's been good and time to move on

marv2
02-03-2016, 10:10 PM
More of Ms. Mary Wilson at the Legends of Soul Weekender!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omFCb80smL0

TheMotownManiac
02-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Mary sounded so much better in Branson although she is fine here of course. I wish we had gone to see her in Vegas. Both of her Vegas shows were totally sold out so maybe she will be back there sooner than a year like last time.

Ryon6
02-04-2016, 03:28 AM
I'm going to see her in Macon in April.

Bluebrock
02-04-2016, 04:24 AM
Did she sing any of the 70s songs or her solo songs?

Sorry, I have been off line for a few days having lost my phone. She did a solo set on Sunday which incorporated 60's and 70's stuff along with a few cover versions. On Saturday it was almost exclusively 60's songs as she shared the stage with the other ladies. It was an excellent show and Mary restored my faith in her by delivering a far better set than she did in Manchester back in October. More details when I get my phone back!

marv2
02-04-2016, 10:59 AM
I'm going to see her in Macon in April.

I am going to see her with the Detroit Symphony in April!

Bluebrock
02-04-2016, 11:52 AM

I would imagine she would lend herself well to performing with a full orchestra. Her voice is better suited to the old jazz, easy listening songs in my opinion. I would love to see such a show.
Whenever she performs over here the mainstream fans demand Supremes songs but I yearn to hear her stretch herself vocally . The nearest she came to that was "I am changing" which appears to be a mainstay in her set these days.
So what songs is she likely to perform with the Detroit Symphony?

marv2
02-04-2016, 11:57 AM
I would imagine she would lend herself well to performing with a full orchestra. Her voice is better suited to the old jazz, easy listening songs in my opinion. I would love to see such a show.
Whenever she performs over here the mainstream fans demand Supremes songs but I yearn to hear her stretch herself vocally . The nearest she came to that was "I am changing" which appears to be a mainstay in her set these days.
So what songs is she likely to perform with the Detroit Symphony?

She has a whole special set list for her symphony concerts that I will share later.

Bluebrock
02-04-2016, 12:31 PM
She has a whole special set list for her symphony concerts that I will share later.

Please do so.
I guess the only way I would ever get to see such a show is to see it in the USA but all my free vacation time is spent in Australia where my family live so it would be tough to do.

luke
02-04-2016, 05:16 PM
I thought she was great in the above clip on Someday and last Dance she just keeps getting better!

marv2
02-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Please do so.
I guess the only way I would ever get to see such a show is to see it in the USA but all my free vacation time is spent in Australia where my family live so it would be tough to do.

Ok here goes the Symphony Set List from over the years:

I Hear A Symphony
Reflections
Fields of Gold
Body & Soul
Strange Fruit
My World Is Empty Without You
Ne Me Quitte Pas [[If You Go Away)
Spring Is Here
Walk the Line
Here's to Life
Love Child
God Bless America
Someday We'll Be Together
I Remember You
I Am Changing

I am sure I am leaving out a number or two, I will add them if I remember. thanks.

Ryon6
02-05-2016, 04:42 AM

I had thought about coming to that show but when I saw she was appearing in Macon, I decided to go there. Haven't purchased my ticket yet.

Bluebrock
02-05-2016, 06:13 AM
Ok here goes the Symphony Set List from over the years:

I Hear A Symphony
Reflections
Fields of Gold
Body & Soul
Strange Fruit
My World Is Empty Without You
Ne Me Quitte Pas [[If You Go Away)
Spring Is Here
Walk the Line
Here's to Life
Love Child
God Bless America
Someday We'll Be Together
I Remember You
I Am Changing

I am sure I am leaving out a number or two, I will add them if I remember. thanks.
Now this is the type of set I would love to hear from her. she did the four Supremes songs mentioned here but also cover versions that I could well do without.
Enjoy the show in April.

marv2
02-05-2016, 09:42 AM
I had thought about coming to that show but when I saw she was appearing in Macon, I decided to go there. Haven't purchased my ticket yet.

Well she is performing for several nights with the Detroit Symphony just so you know.

detmotownguy
02-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Well she is performing for several nights with the Detroit Symphony just so you know.

I like here symphony shows better bc they really showcase her rich voice. She is the type of artist I could listen to all might the full orchestra.

marv2
02-05-2016, 12:56 PM
I like here symphony shows better bc they really showcase her rich voice. She is the type of artist I could listen to all might the full orchestra.

Another good thing is that she really takes her time when backed by great musicians.