PDA

View Full Version : New Ace CD - "One Track Mind! - More Motown Guys"

test

keith_hughes
01-31-2016, 02:11 PM
Ace Records are pleased to announce their 16th Motown CD, “One Track Mind! More Motown Guys”. It’ll be released on March 25. All tracks are never-before-released on vinyl or CD.

Track list is as follows:

Frank Wilson - I'll Be Satisfied
Ivy Jo - Where Are You
Marv Johnson - One Track Mind
The Spinners - Tell Me How To Forget A True Love
Edwin Starr - The Girl From Crosstown
Earl Van Dyke & The Soul Brothers - Think It Over [[Before You Break My Heart)
The Temptations - I'd Rather Forget
The Spinners - Imagination Is Running Wild
Jimmy Ruffin - The "In" Crowd
The Monitors - Wish I Didn't Love You So
The Fantastic Four - I'm Here Now That You Need Me
Four Tops - Can't Stop This Feelin'
The Miracles - My Oh My What A Groove
The Temptations - I Got Heaven Right Here On Earth
Marvin Gaye - The Touch Of Venus
Edwin Starr - Head Over Heels In Love With You Baby
Earl Van Dyke - Heart To Heart
The Hit Pack - Didn't I
Marvin Gaye - Do You Wanna Go With Me
The Miracles - I've Gotta Find Myself [[A True Love)
Choker Campbell - It's Alright
Johnny Bristol - Kissing In The Shadows
Sammy Ward - That Won't Do
Popcorn Wylie - Goose Wobbling Time

Enjoy!

Keith

longtimefan
01-31-2016, 02:35 PM
Three cheers to Ace! What would we do without them nowadays? Thanks guys for all that you do for the fans! Plus they provide us with an actual CD format and excellent booklets! I hope to see a huge chain of "thank yous" to Ace on this post.

lakedistrictlad1
01-31-2016, 02:35 PM
So excited about this. Who would have thought there was still Marvin Gaye and Temptations tracks in the vaults? Thanks ACE. Can't wait for this. And on CD too!

Bluebrock
01-31-2016, 03:15 PM
Ace are the best!!They actually listen to their customers. They deserve our full support which i trust is what they will get, Cannot wait for this.

berry101
01-31-2016, 03:27 PM
THANKS Keith and to all at ACE. Yes , as stated in an earlier reply , " what would we do without you ..."SO EXCITED :)

calvin
01-31-2016, 03:37 PM
Thanks Keith, I'm really looking forward to this! Every Motown release from Ace is a winner!

mowsville
01-31-2016, 03:48 PM
i have supported ACE/KENT with all their Motown releases..they are just sublime...thanks Keith & Co..ive had to miss out on all the download only stuff as I'm of that generation that's not computer literate and have no idea how to do it...and I'm a Motown completist so you can imagine what these cd's mean to me...please keep up the great work you do.

snakepit
01-31-2016, 04:13 PM
Well done Keith and ACE ...looks a wonderful set
glad to see Ivy Hunter on there

alanh
01-31-2016, 05:12 PM
Looks like another great collection indeed. A few have been on the download only 'Unreleased' collections, like the Temps [[Heaven Right Here), both Marvin's, Choker Campbell, Earl Van Dyke [[Heart To Heart) and Sammy Ward - assuming they are the same versions. But it'll be good to have them on CD remastered well, as always by Ace.

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
01-31-2016, 06:08 PM
I have a question and I am not sure if this has been answered, but if Ace/Kent has access to these Motown recordings why are they not able to release full albums?

snakepit
01-31-2016, 07:45 PM
wasn't the Temptations "I've got heaven right here on earth" on the Emperors of Soul box set..??

snakepit
01-31-2016, 07:50 PM
answered my own question....presumably this will be an alternate version? i.e. it has been issued on previous CD

I Got Heaven Right Here On Earth [[Norman Whitfield-Edward Holland Jr-Eddie Kendricks) published Jobete

alternate title: You Know That I Love You

The Temptations; recorded Hitsville-GW, completed 18-Sep-68 ; produced by Norman Whitfield ; [v2 - lead David Ruffin]

20-Sep-94; CD [[M): Motown 530 338 2 Emperors Of Soul
05-Jun-03; CD [[M): Spectrum 067 016 2 Tamla Motown Connoisseurs Volume 2 [UK]

carole cucumber
01-31-2016, 08:14 PM
wasn't the Temptations "I've got heaven right here on earth" on the Emperors of Soul box set..??

Yes, with David Ruffin on lead

but the version on 'One Track Mind' has Ediie Kendricks on lead

mysterysinger
01-31-2016, 08:38 PM
Well I've bought em all except for the Mary Wells twofer. This one will join my collection and I'm sure I won't be disappointed. That Fantastic Four set is rarely out of the CD player. March is looking like a good month. Thanks ACE and Keith.

bradsupremes
02-01-2016, 12:35 AM
I literally yelled "Hot damn!" when I saw the Four Tops' "Can't Stop This Feeling" on the tracklist and finally seeing the light of day. I asked about that track just last year hoping to see it turn up on one of these releases and Keith delivered! Awesome!

daviddesper
02-01-2016, 12:54 AM
As a matter of personal taste, I cannot get as excited about this as I did the girls collection, but I will buy it anyway. I am sure it will have at least a few things on there that will grab me.

honest man
02-01-2016, 06:17 AM
Ace Records are pleased to announce their 16th Motown CD, “One Track Mind! More Motown Guys”. It’ll be released on March 25. All tracks are never-before-released on vinyl or CD.

11046 Keith and rest of teamTHANK YOU MILLIONS AGAIN,Can't wait especially Edwin Starr's input- boy from xtown have on tape somewhere poor quality, really look forward to listen to this set ,the bung has hit the ceiling,cheers.

Track list is as follows:

Frank Wilson - I'll Be Satisfied
Ivy Jo - Where Are You
Marv Johnson - One Track Mind
The Spinners - Tell Me How To Forget A True Love
Edwin Starr - The Girl From Crosstown
Earl Van Dyke & The Soul Brothers - Think It Over [[Before You Break My Heart)
The Temptations - I'd Rather Forget
The Spinners - Imagination Is Running Wild
Jimmy Ruffin - The "In" Crowd
The Monitors - Wish I Didn't Love You So
The Fantastic Four - I'm Here Now That You Need Me
Four Tops - Can't Stop This Feelin'
The Miracles - My Oh My What A Groove
The Temptations - I Got Heaven Right Here On Earth
Marvin Gaye - The Touch Of Venus
Edwin Starr - Head Over Heels In Love With You Baby
Earl Van Dyke - Heart To Heart
The Hit Pack - Didn't I
Marvin Gaye - Do You Wanna Go With Me
The Miracles - I've Gotta Find Myself [[A True Love)
Choker Campbell - It's Alright
Johnny Bristol - Kissing In The Shadows
Sammy Ward - That Won't Do
Popcorn Wylie - Goose Wobbling Time

Enjoy!

Keith

Keith and rest of teamTHANK YOU MILLIONS AGAIN,Can't wait especially Edwin Starr's input- boy from xtown have on tape somewhere poor quality, really look forward to listen to this set ,the bung has hit the ceiling,cheers.

jaybs
02-01-2016, 06:27 AM
Thanks Keith, you & all involved at Ace come out TOPS once again, great line up of tracks, hope you realise what is truly means to Motown Fans.

honest man
02-01-2016, 06:28 AM
Sorry John that should read GIRLfrom Xtown ha,love kissing in shadows thought there would be original listening to Tammi overdubbed with Johnny,also I'll be satisfied[if same song] but doubt will beat Tempts version one of my tempts top10 songs but im gonna love Frank's version . also love Eddie's and David alternative leads on new versions Jimmy -Spinners- 4TOPS-Monitors counting the days Fantastic news gang, cheers to everyone involved on this project.

rovereab
02-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Really looking forward to this release. Is it possible to see the recording dates of the songs to further whet our appetites please?

booty
02-01-2016, 02:54 PM
answered my own question....presumably this will be an alternate version? i.e. it has been issued on previous CD

I Got Heaven Right Here On Earth [[Norman Whitfield-Edward Holland Jr-Eddie Kendricks) published Jobete

alternate title: You Know That I Love You

The Temptations; recorded Hitsville-GW, completed 18-Sep-68 ; produced by Norman Whitfield ; [v2 - lead David Ruffin]

20-Sep-94; CD [[M): Motown 530 338 2 Emperors Of Soul
05-Jun-03; CD [[M): Spectrum 067 016 2 Tamla Motown Connoisseurs Volume 2 [UK]

This version should be the one that first appeared on the most recent MP3 Motown Unreleased 1965. The Hit Pack, Didn't I, was also on there.

144man
02-01-2016, 04:59 PM
Thank you Keith and Ace for some good news at last.

keith_hughes
02-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Frank Wilson - I'll Be Satisfied [[1965)
Ivy Jo - Where Are You [[1966)
Marv Johnson - One Track Mind [[1965)
The Spinners - Tell Me How To Forget A True Love [[1967)
Edwin Starr - The Girl From Crosstown [[1968)
Earl Van Dyke & The Soul Brothers - Think It Over [[Before You Break My Heart) [[1966)
The Temptations - I'd Rather Forget [[1966)
The Spinners - Imagination Is Running Wild [[1966)
Jimmy Ruffin - The "In" Crowd [[1968)
The Monitors - Wish I Didn't Love You So [[1969)
The Fantastic Four - I'm Here Now That You Need Me [[1969)
Four Tops - Can't Stop This Feelin' [[1969)
The Miracles - My Oh My What A Groove [[1963)
The Temptations - I Got Heaven Right Here On Earth [v1] [[1965)
Marvin Gaye - The Touch Of Venus [[1964)
Edwin Starr - Head Over Heels In Love With You Baby [[1969)
Earl Van Dyke - Heart To Heart [[1964)
The Hit Pack - Didn't I [[1965)
Marvin Gaye - Do You Wanna Go With Me [[1963)
The Miracles - I've Gotta Find Myself [[A True Love) [[1966)
Choker Campbell - It's Alright [[1964)
Johnny Bristol - Kissing In The Shadows [[1963)
Sammy Ward - That Won't Do [[1963)
Popcorn Wylie - Goose Wobbling Time [[1960/61)

thommg
02-01-2016, 07:02 PM
It figures that another one is coming out when I finally bought the first of this series! I also picked up Love & Affection, which I am loving the heck out of! Thanks for these releases. I really do enjoy them sooooo much.

RossHolloway
02-01-2016, 07:16 PM
@Keith_Hughes - Great track listing and can't wait to support this release. Where there any tracks by Stevie Wonder, Barrett Strong or the Contours up for consideration? And any newly discovered tracks by Jr. Walker & the Allstars?

Ngroove
02-01-2016, 10:53 PM
Where's Billy Eckstine?

keith_hughes
02-02-2016, 05:55 AM
Can't tell you much about the selection process, Ross. Paul Nixon and Mick Patrick put together a project for Ace in 2014 that was subsequently turned down by Universal on the grounds that they were about to do something similar themselves. It seems they changed their minds. We re-submitted a few of the tracks for "Love And Affection" and they were accepted, and most of the rest are included here.

My sole contribution - and I'm proud of it! - is "Goose Wobbling Time".

TomBairdFan
02-02-2016, 07:09 AM
Can't wait to have my goose wobbled! All praise to ACE for listening to us Motown CD fans. I hope this one is another big seller for you.

carole cucumber
02-10-2016, 02:47 PM
A few of the booklet's photos are now up at the Ace website.

carole cucumber
02-29-2016, 12:40 PM
Sound samples now up at Ace website.

honest man
02-29-2016, 03:41 PM
WOW Carole thanks for notice only checked earlier were not there,will give them a try right now,cheers.

brother_love
02-29-2016, 05:29 PM
Nobody does it like ACE!

nevertoolate
03-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Heard the sound clips--the song "I gotta find myself [[a true love)--Miracles. Did another Motown
group record it? I heard a slightly faster version on WMOR about 4 years ago. I like that version better, but I will settle for the Miracles one..I like this set..

theboyfromxtown
03-02-2016, 04:57 AM
Heard the sound clips--the song "I gotta find myself [[a true love)--Miracles. Did another Motown
group record it? I heard a slightly faster version on WMOR about 4 years ago. I like that version better, but I will settle for the Miracles one..I like this set..

The debate is out as to whether it was a MOTOWN group who recorded that other version.

keith_hughes
03-02-2016, 05:22 AM
An instrumental version of that other version has been released here: http://www.acerecords.co.uk/dave-hamiltons-detroit-dancers-vol-2-mp3

theboyfromxtown
03-19-2016, 12:25 PM
On its way...

booty
03-19-2016, 01:37 PM
Where from John, ACE?

theboyfromxtown
03-20-2016, 06:50 AM
Ace now has stock. Not sure about Amazon

lakedistrictlad1
03-20-2016, 01:49 PM
I bought mine from Rise Music. Online shop based in Bristol. 11.60 including postage. It's the cheapest price I've found online. Anything but give my money to Amazon.

theboyfromxtown
03-20-2016, 02:24 PM
Phil

It's shown at £10.00 at present on their website. Is £1.60 the postage?

westgrandboulevard
03-20-2016, 02:42 PM
Many thanks for that info, lakedistrictlad1....

That's £1.32 [[12%) less than buying direct from Ace themselves....

booty
03-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Ace now has stock. Not sure about Amazon

Mine is with ACE too John so fingers crossed!

Ryon6
03-21-2016, 01:22 AM
The time is here. Can't wait for my copy to arrive!

lakedistrictlad1
03-21-2016, 09:52 AM
Phil

It's shown at £10.00 at present on their website. Is £1.60 the postage?

Yes - £10 + £1.60 postage

Here's the link if anyone wants to order from them

http://www.rise-music.co.uk/browse/search/one+track+miond/item/271768/Various-Artists-One-Track-Mind-More-Motown-Guys.html

grapevine
03-22-2016, 08:44 AM
***BRILLIANT!***OUTSTANDING!!***FANTASTIC!!!***

...mine arrived today ...and WOW!!!

...every Motown-sounding ...Northern-souling ...dance-flooring track in this set is truly amazing ...no-one would have thought that a 24 song set of such high quality could be released some 50 years after most of these gems were recorded ...one of the best Motown releases of the CD-age ...Thank you Keith and all the gang ...job very well done...!!

Grape :)

rovereab
03-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Mine arrived today but it has been taken off me as it's a birthday present so I must wait a little while :[[

Can't wait to be older!

jaybs
03-23-2016, 07:01 AM
Yes my copy of the CD did also, all mine though LOL! - Complete Credit to ACE they Never let us down.

snakepit
03-23-2016, 07:13 PM
Brilliant compilation
Didn't think we would get a CD as good as this again..
Big thanks to all involved.

mysterysinger
03-25-2016, 08:01 AM
Mine arrived today from Amazon UK. Just ACE.

roger
03-25-2016, 11:17 AM

Oooo ... you must have friends in the right places Mysterysinger ....

I pre-ordered a copy from Amazon.co.uk about a month back and received an e-mail a couple of days back saying that they wouldn't be able to deliver it today [[25th March - the official release date) as it is Good Friday and a Bank Holiday. However I received another E-Mail yesterday saying that it had been dispatched for delivery so with any luck it will arrive tomorrow and this torture can end. :)

Roger

soulwally
03-25-2016, 12:54 PM
Just got to agree with you all. Thanks Ace and Keith and co.

mysterysinger
03-25-2016, 10:24 PM
Yes I got the same email as you so was surprised and pleased to receive it on Good Friday, especially since it came in the same package as the expanded Motortown Revue. Speaking of which I am listening to those live performances right now and enjoying immensely. Happy days.

grapevine
03-29-2016, 09:17 AM
Three cheers to Ace! What would we do without them nowadays? Thanks guys for all that you do for the fans! Plus they provide us with an actual CD format and excellent booklets! I hope to see a huge chain of "thank yous" to Ace on this post.

...agreed...!!! :)

roger
03-30-2016, 03:52 PM
...agreed...!!! :)

Mine arrived yesterday [[as I found out when I got home late last night) ... I've managed to give it three or four spins and I'm very pleased with it. :)

Roger

nevertoolate
03-30-2016, 11:05 PM
Mine came very fast from Ace to the U.S. I was shocked..I am enjoying this set immensily,
I noticed that the Marv Johnson title track does not have any background singers I guess it is
un mixed?

snakepit
03-31-2016, 12:42 PM
3 tracks from this great CD are featured on my radio show this week...2-5 April.
If interested , please refer to thread on the main forum
thanks
Snakepit

144man
04-01-2016, 07:14 AM
I picked up my copy in London on Tuesday from Sister Ray, Berwick Street. I've played it once and am extremely happy.

lakedistrictlad1
04-02-2016, 11:06 AM
This could well be my favourite CD from ACE yet. I've been playing it endlessly today. SO many great tracks. My favourites so far are the Monitors and Four Tops. Hearing anything new from Levi is like an old friend saying hello.
Thanks Keith, Mick and everyone at ACE for another great CD.

paul_nixon
04-02-2016, 07:00 PM
There are some of my current all time favourites on this set

dickiemint
04-05-2016, 08:24 AM
This CD is on repeat in my car and I am loving it especially the 4tops and Edwin Starr tracks why Motown passed on these tracks is unbelievable. It shows what a high standard was being constantly produced in the heyday

mysterysinger
04-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Have to agree with all the positive comments. Some tracks are becoming favourites but it is unfortunate that quality such as this has remained vaulted for so many years. I'm sure many folks would have appreciated being able to hear them or even have the chance, perhaps, of benefiting from some royalties. Still we have to express our thanks to all who contributed to the music and especially to Ace [[for finally releasing them) and to the good folks at Motown for ensuring their preservation. How amazing it all is.

honest man
04-18-2016, 12:58 PM
ok Folks been playing this fantastic cd for past week love it and have to say these ACE releases just keep getting better if you can believe that,so true but i have my faves which are 1 Edwin Starr Head over heels[thanks Paul and Crew for discovering more Edwin ,if we get a Lost and Found set out i will die a happy man].2Kissing in the shadows[so glad Johnny's version has been included i thought there must be a solo version after hearing him dubbed on Tammi's duet] 3I'll be satisfied Frank Wilson wonderful song and so happy to hear it, hard to beat though excellent butTemptations version is in my top 10 all time fave Unreleased Motown unbelievable it was never put out in the day.4 Spinners- Imagination is running wild best Northern track on set maybe,Spinners vol 2 any chance gang].5 Four Tops Can't stop this feeling could n't get it out of my head so good to have a new 4 tops song thought they had all gone .wonderful same to say as 6I'd rather forget- Temptations what a surprise so happy to hear a new Temptations track thought they had all gone gives some hope for more, TO l ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THIS PROJECT A MASSIVE THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN.