PDA

View Full Version : Anybody dealing with the snow storm?

test

ralpht
01-23-2016, 04:13 PM
Its a beautiful day here in Michigan. Glad we were spared.

Jerry Oz
01-23-2016, 04:43 PM
We got nearly half an inch in central Ohio, Ralph. I might need to call somebody to shovel a path to the garage. :)

glencro
01-23-2016, 05:06 PM

YES, I agree. It's been the best winter in a long time so far especially compared to the last few years.

marv2
01-23-2016, 05:21 PM
Ralph, it is awful........BUT, you know we can deal with any amount of snow from growing up in Michigan and Ohio! LOL! Those are the ONLY two States I have been in that are experts when it comes to snow storms and snow removal. Tell me, when was the last time you heard of dozens of motorists being stuck anywhere for any length of time in the snow in Michigan or Ohio? Yep, that's right.......NEVER! LOL! God knows it can snow tremendous amounts in those two States.

milven
01-23-2016, 07:19 PM
We got two feet of snow ;)

antceleb12
01-23-2016, 07:45 PM
Currently my back deck...

Over two feet right now. No snow plows in sight.

edafan
01-23-2016, 07:53 PM
just about 2 inches here in Boston MA

But I have to teach tomorrow

edafan

Jerry Oz
01-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Ralph, it is awful........BUT, you know we can deal with any amount of snow from growing up in Michigan and Ohio! LOL! Those are the ONLY two States I have been in that are experts when it comes to snow storms and snow removal. Tell me, when was the last time you heard of dozens of motorists being stuck anywhere for any length of time in the snow in Michigan or Ohio? Yep, that's right.......NEVER! LOL! God knows it can snow tremendous amounts in those two States.Marv, this is true but in Columbus, all it takes is a raindrop anywhere in the city and highway traffic slows to a crawl. When I lived in Memphis, they wouldn't even slow down to the speed limit in a driving rain storm.

theboyfromxtown
01-25-2016, 05:27 AM
Andy Skurow has been in London for the past week and was due to return home to New York on Saturday but the flight has been cancelled at least twice. He's still here but flights out today to New York have resumed.

theboyfromxtown
01-25-2016, 05:30 AM

We've been pretty lucky in Central London too but I dont think the UK gets snow anything like what you guys get in America. I remember being in Kalamazoo some years ago in February when it was snowing and I'd never seen so much snow in my life.

arr&bee
01-26-2016, 05:04 PM
Try 24in in md and d.c....i need a drink!!!

Jerry Oz
01-26-2016, 07:58 PM
Just don't melt the yellow snow, homeboy.

144man
01-27-2016, 03:20 PM
We got nearly half an inch in central Ohio, Ralph. I might need to call somebody to shovel a path to the garage. :)

I don't know if it's true or not, but they said on the news that heart attacks caused by the exertion of shovelling snow was a bigger cause of death than slipping on ice or hypothermia.

Jerry Oz
01-27-2016, 05:10 PM
I don't know if it's true or not, but they said on the news that heart attacks caused by the exertion of shovelling snow was a bigger cause of death than slipping on ice or hypothermia.
I've heard that statistic as well, but I hope nobody has a heart attack from shoveling less than half an inch of snow. They were probably going to have one anyway!

arr&bee
01-28-2016, 01:00 PM
I may get drunk and fallout in the snow,someone may have to dig me out.

Jerry Oz
01-28-2016, 01:49 PM
I may get drunk and fallout in the snow,someone may have to dig me out.
I'll send a rescue dog for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-J0xPfbRr0

arr&bee
01-28-2016, 03:06 PM
Hey i like that dog.