PDA

View Full Version : Very NIce BERRY GORDY Interview

test

milven
01-23-2016, 10:26 AM
Nice pictures, links to Motown music, and Berry talking about Motown.

One story that I found interesting was that was that at the beginning, Berry was in Philly trying to get Shop Around played by a prominent black dee-jay. He waited and waited to see the dee-jay and was finally seen. The dee-jay listened to it during a commercial and then when the commercial ended, played it again for his listeners. Leon Huff was one of those listeners and Leon said that it changed his life. So, in a way, Berry is responsible for Philly International coming into existence too - if you stretch the point.

Great article. Check it out.

http://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/projects/berry-gordy-motown/index.html

lockhartgary
01-23-2016, 02:33 PM
"The Guy with the Goods, Georgie Woods." I remember hearing him on the radio [[WDAS) as a kid growing up. He was also a leader in the civil rights movement.

jobeterob
01-23-2016, 10:06 PM
Most interesting that he says no one could get Michael off the drugs

marv2
01-24-2016, 01:11 AM
"The Guy with the Goods, Georgie Woods." I remember hearing him on the radio [[WDAS) as a kid growing up. He was also a leader in the civil rights movement.

I think they made a documentary about Georgie. I think I saw the trailer for it several years ago. WDAS was my favorite station during my Philly years.

luke
01-24-2016, 01:33 AM
Didn't he manage Barbara Mason?

marv2
01-24-2016, 01:41 AM
Didn't he manage Barbara Mason?

I don't know. Could have as she too was from Philly. Georgie Woods is a radio ICON.

captainjames
01-24-2016, 02:23 PM
Wish I could get the chance to interview Mr. Gordy.