PDA

View Full Version : Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

test

skooldem1
12-23-2010, 11:31 PM
For me, it is not the Christmas season until I hear Nat King Cole, Donny Hathoway, the Temptations and the Supremes. Especially the Supremes. I know its Christmas time when I hear "Silver Bells", "Favorite Things", and "White Christmas. Its not Christmas until I hear "Silent Night" by the Temptations. I had a frustrating evening picking up my last Christmas gifts tonight. As luck would have it, as I was paying for my last gift, I could hear the wonderful voices of the Supremes singing "My favorite things" over the sound system in the store I was in. Just what I needed to keep me in the spirit. Season Greetings. Here is another one of my favorite Christmas songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAn135D8VaA

nomis
12-24-2010, 04:21 PM
I adore O Holy Night from this concert it suits Diana down to a tea..this was a very classy concert.

sophisticated_soul
12-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Ever since it's release "Christmas In Vienna" has become a Christmas tradition for me. It's a wonderful concert and Diana looks and sounds fantastic! Placido and Jose are okay too.:)

skooldem1
12-24-2010, 08:19 PM
The CD sold over a million copies on Billboards Classical Albums chart, according to wikipedia.

sophisticated_soul
12-24-2010, 08:39 PM
The CD sold over a million copies on Billboards Classical Albums chart, according to wikipedia.

Wow! I'm surprised - happily. I remember the original broadcast did cause quite a buzz.