PDA

View Full Version : Tina Turner & David Bowie - Let's Dance!

test

marv2
01-20-2016, 09:12 PM
I miss BIG concerts...........................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNvkOLYz9I4

Bluebrock
01-21-2016, 08:04 AM
I miss BIG concerts...........................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNvkOLYz9I4
Probably not enough "current" big stars for big concerts. Call me an old fuddy duddy but there are not many modern artists with the talent, charisma and star quality to carry off such shows as this. Beyoncé is a possibility though I am not a huge fan , but Taylor Swift, Katy Perry? Not in my opinion but feel free to disagree.

marv2
01-21-2016, 10:02 AM
Probably not enough "current" big stars for big concerts. Call me an old fuddy duddy but there are not many modern artists with the talent, charisma and star quality to carry off such shows as this. Beyoncé is a possibility though I am not a huge fan , but Taylor Swift, Katy Perry? Not in my opinion but feel free to disagree.

I agree. They just do not have that kind of star power anymore.

Guy
01-21-2016, 01:27 PM

100% agreement. You are absolutely correct that there are no music artists of today [[of which I'm aware) that could generate anything anywhere near as electrifying as Tina and Bowie coming together on stage. Beyonce is the only popular artist of today who has charisma approaching a traditional star. However, even she, with all the beauty and talent, is lacking the crucial 'X' factor that elevates stars to legend.

marv2
01-21-2016, 02:29 PM
100% agreement. You are absolutely correct that there are no music artists of today [[of which I'm aware) that could generate anything anywhere near as electrifying as Tina and Bowie coming together on stage. Beyonce is the only popular artist of today who has charisma approaching a traditional star. However, even she, with all the beauty and talent, is lacking the crucial 'X' factor that elevates stars to legend.

That is because she is manufactured! By that I mean she has had no where near the hard life experiences of a Tina Turner or a David Bowie. Beyonce came from a very secure, very middle class background.

Guy
01-21-2016, 08:16 PM
That is because she is manufactured! By that I mean she has had no where near the hard life experiences of a Tina Turner or a David Bowie. Beyonce came from a very secure, very middle class background.

Well, I agree to a point. Beyonce is not manufactured. She has worked very hard to become who she is today. She's certainly learned things along the way but she has an incredible work ethic, charisma and a modicum of God-given talent. Anna Mae Bullock was not born Tina Turner. Tina Turner is the product of training and experience, as is Beyoncé. I just happen to appreciate Tina a lot more.

marv2
01-21-2016, 09:15 PM
Well, I agree to a point. Beyonce is not manufactured. She has worked very hard to become who she is today. She's certainly learned things along the way but she has an incredible work ethic, charisma and a modicum of God-given talent. Anna Mae Bullock was not born Tina Turner. Tina Turner is the product of training and experience, as is Beyoncé. I just happen to appreciate Tina a lot more.

Oh she has worked hard no doubt. She also has been closely guided and heavily managed at least until she got to level she is now! Nothing was taken by chance. Her father Matthew Knowles certainly knew what he was doing.

marv2
01-21-2016, 09:17 PM

Tina Turner is very much the product of the school of hard knocks and I don't just mean her relationship with Ike Turner. What you do not see in this clip of Tina with David Bowie is all the one nighters in juke joints and chitin' circuit theaters Tina played throughout the South and around the country. Six shows a day sometimes at the Apollo. Beyonce will never experience anything like that.

midnightman
01-22-2016, 12:12 PM
Tina Turner paid her dues to get to that stadium level with the rock legends. And those rock legends like Bowie and Mick Jagger [[but precisely BOWIE, since he basically helped her to get signed to Capitol Records in the first place to relaunch her now legendary solo career) helped Tina to realize her dreams. It all paid off in the end. :)

But yeah Tina's [[and Bowie's) level of megastardom won't be eclipsed anytime soon.

marv2
01-22-2016, 12:23 PM
Tina Turner paid her dues to get to that stadium level with the rock legends. And those rock legends like Bowie and Mick Jagger [[but precisely BOWIE, since he basically helped her to get signed to Capitol Records in the first place to relaunch her now legendary solo career) helped Tina to realize her dreams. It all paid off in the end. :)

But yeah Tina's [[and Bowie's) level of megastardom won't be eclipsed anytime soon.

If we could build a Mount Rushmore type monument to Rock Music stars, these two would be up there!

timmyfunk
01-23-2016, 03:49 PM
A little photo gem from the archives. 1985.

marv2
01-23-2016, 06:48 PM
Wow! Great picture Timmy!