View Full Version : Eagles Guitarist Glenn Frey Dies

test

jobeterob
01-18-2016, 07:06 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35349025

marv2
01-18-2016, 07:19 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35349025

I loved Glenn Frey's work, but again, this has nothing to do with Motown and you know it! Lowell went through the trouble of setting up these distinct sections of the forum for a reason, yet you continuously ignore them on purpose. You're not going to screw up SDF no matter how hard you try.

dvus7
01-18-2016, 10:40 PM
I loved Glenn Frey's work, but again, this has nothing to do with Motown and you know it! Lowell went through the trouble of setting up these distinct sections of the forum for a reason, yet you continuously ignore them on purpose. You're not going to screw up SDF no matter how hard you try. I totally agree with you marv!!!!

soulster
01-19-2016, 01:58 AM
I loved Glenn Frey's work, but again, this has nothing to do with Motown and you know it! Lowell went through the trouble of setting up these distinct sections of the forum for a reason, yet you continuously ignore them on purpose. You're not going to screw up SDF no matter how hard you try.

Who frikkin' cares! I think Lowell should eliminate the separate sections and just call it all music....except for the clubhouse. And, Glenn Frey is originally from Detroit, so he deserves to be discussed here.

dvus7
01-19-2016, 02:33 AM
Who frikkin' cares! I think Lowell should eliminate the separate sections and just call it all music....except for the clubhouse. And, Glenn Frey is originally from Detroit, so he deserves to be discussed here.
glen frey, with all due respect, does not deserved to be discussed here, in the motown section. the rules were setup over 20 years ago, and the administrators have not seen fit to change them!!!! the motown section gets the most "reviews", so ego driven posters seem to want to post everything in the motown "hoping" to get their "respective" views!!!!

soulster
01-19-2016, 04:40 AM
glen frey, with all due respect, does not deserved to be discussed here, in the motown section. the rules were setup over 20 years ago, and the administrators have not seen fit to change them!!!! the motown section gets the most "reviews", so ego driven posters seem to want to post everything in the motown "hoping" to their "respective" views!!!!

Times change. Circumstances change. I really think that merging the Motown and Soulful Detroit forums together, and opening them up to a wider range of discussion will make this forum vibrant. It will also squash all the mess about having to have this thread in this forum, and that thread in that forum, and having two or more threads of the same thing in all three. I'm not demanding it be done, but it's really worth considering.

Bluebrock
01-19-2016, 06:26 AM
You have it spot on Marv. I love Glenn Frey but the Motown forum is not the place to discuss his very fine body of work. Yet another very sad loss that does warrant deep discussions on other forums.

dvus7
01-19-2016, 07:37 AM
Times change. Circumstances change. I really think that merging the Motown and Soulful Detroit forums together, and opening them up to a wider range of discussion will make this forum vibrant. It will also squash all the mess about having to have this thread in this forum, and that thread in that forum, and having two or more threads of the same thing in all three. I'm not demanding it be done, but it's really worth considering. the motown section is vibrant, that is why"jobetrob" is posting "unrelated" items in the motown section!! I feel, any deviation will make it "just another blog"!!!

Roberta75
01-19-2016, 01:26 PM
Why does it matter where his passingg is posting. The man has gone home to Glory to be with our Heavenly Father and I am going to rejoice that hes home and thank him and the Eagles for Desperado and Take it To the Limits and Hotel California and One of these Nights along with all the other hits Mr Frey recorded. I dont think Ralph will be giving a hoot where his passings posted as long as we remember him with affection and kindness and respect.

This here forum isnt going to Hell because a non Motown person gets placed in the Motown Secrion when they pass and people stop by to pay they respects. Honestly theres much more important things happening in the world like starving kids in Libya along with dangerous fools like Trump and Cruz running for president.

Nobody got got up in arms when Natalie Coles passing was placed in the Motown section and rightly so IMO. These are major legends were loossing so lets look at the bigger picture here folks.

Roberta

soulwally
01-19-2016, 01:31 PM
Why does it matter where his passingg is posting. The man has gone home to Glory to be with our Heavenly Father and I am going to rejoice that hes home and thank him and the Eagles for Desperado and Take it To the Limits and Hotel California and One of these Nights along with all the other hits Mr Frey recorded. I dont think Ralph will be giving a hoot where his passings posted as long as we remember him with affection and kindness and respect.

This here forum isnt going to Hell because a non Motown person gets placed in the Motown Secrion when they pass and people stop by to pay they respects. Honestly theres much more important things happening in the world like starving kids in Libya along with dangerous fools like Trump and Cruz running for president.

Nobody got got up in arms when Natalie Coles passing was placed in the Motown section and rightly so IMO. These are major legends were loossing so lets look at the bigger picture here folks.

Roberta
Well said Roberta. And the idea of merging the SD and Motown sections makes a lot of sense to me.
Having always been a fan of harmony groups I've always loved the Eagles. RIP Glenn Frey.

And by the way dvus, you're winning on exclamation marks. Wouldn't a simple full stop do?

ralpht
01-19-2016, 01:57 PM
Let us not get into some dispute where a post should belong. Music is music, and if Glen Frey appears on a Motown forum, so what? He was a great musician and writer. Give him the respect he deserves and quit worrying where he is discussed. I'm cool with it. you guys should be also.

Roberta75
01-19-2016, 01:59 PM
Let us not get into some dispute where a post should belong. Music is music, and if Glen Frey appears on a Motown forum, so what? He was a great musician and writer. Give him the respect he deserves and quit worrying where he is discussed. I'm cool with it. you guys should be also.

Thank you Ralph.

fondly,

Roberta

jobeterob
01-20-2016, 01:33 AM
It's important we pay our respects to all these wonderful artists and we are losing them almost daily-today David Bowie's drummer as well.

I only posted it here because some people only come to the Motown although this was such a major event, everyone knows.

soulster
01-20-2016, 01:37 AM

Thank You!

Anyway, Eagles music has been a part of my life since their first record in 1972. I wasn't a fan of the first song "Take It Easy" because it was too country for me at the time. I favored the second single "Witchy Woman".

Eagles are very worthy of discussion here because their musical style was all over the map. Those cats could do country, rock, pop ballads, and they could lay down some heavy grooves and soul. Just check out songs like "On The Border", "One Of These Nights", "Best Of My Love", "The Long Run" and "Get You In The Mood". Glenn Frey could sure write 'em, and Don Henley could sure sing 'em!

But, my favorite Glenn Frey songs are "Lyin' Eyes" and "New Kid In Town". And, i've had the latter on my mind all day.

R.I.P.. Glenn.