PDA

View Full Version : David Bowie Dead at 69

test

sophisticated_soul
01-11-2016, 03:57 AM
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6836502/david-bowie-dies-at-age-69-after-battling-cancer

sophisticated_soul
01-11-2016, 04:15 AM
A unique and gifted individual, David Bowie made his mark and has earned his iconic place in music history. Rest In Peace David Bowie. Thank you for the music.

westgrandboulevard
01-11-2016, 04:31 AM
Indeed. Thank you for the music, David; one of England's most innovative artists.

sophisticated_soul
01-11-2016, 04:46 AM
It's such a shock, I heard this less than an hour ago. I had read on your "Make This A Birthday To Remember" thread that it was his birthday Friday [[1/8). I had no idea he was ill, but as I am watching the news right now apparently few did. He was one of a kind.

marv2
01-11-2016, 10:43 AM
It is a bit strange and a huge shock. Just a couple days ago I read he was planning a comeback with a new release. RIP David and thanks for all the great music memories.

soulster
01-11-2016, 01:57 PM
Wow! He was good about keeping this quiet. I haven't been keeping up with new music lately so I was completely unaware that he released a new album last week. I liked "The Next Day", so I may like the new one.

R.I.P, Ziggy...I mean Thin White Duke...I mean David.

arr&bee
01-11-2016, 02:30 PM
Too bad,good artist,another legend gone-r.i.p.

westgrandboulevard
01-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Many artists are known for having a catalogue of songs in a certain style. David Bowie put his 'person' into 'personality' and, as a result, released many unusual and very differing recordings.

He was always reinventing, and trying different styles - once, even in the middle of a tour.

Each of David Bowie's recordings appealed to millions - and each of those people have their own, very personal interpretation of them.

As Sophisticated Soul said earlier - one of a kind.