Weslley Francisco
01-04-2016, 12:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbScmEF4enc

blackguy69
01-04-2016, 02:22 AM
The whole concert used to be on you tube a few years back

thommg
01-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Weslley, This is from the tour they did with The Temptations. I saw this show at Shady Grove Music Fair in Maryland. The exciting part for me, other than being very close to the stage, was being chosen as the You're Nobody guy. Initially Lynda picked someone who wouldn't stand up so Jean, who had spotted me waving my hand, said "I have someone over here. Will you stand up for us?" And I jumped up as fast as I could! Pretty exciting being sung to by Jean Terrell. If I remember correctly, The Supremes & Temptaions came out and did one song together, then The Supremes did their set. After intermission, The Temptaions did their set and then they performed a couple of songs together. Heaven in a concert!

blackguy69
01-04-2016, 08:39 PM
I know they did in gonna make you love me and rhythm of life

Weslley Francisco
01-12-2016, 07:45 PM
I know they did in gonna make you love me and rhythm of lifeI need to find it right now!! Would be great to hear them singing these songs...

luke
01-12-2016, 08:16 PM
Where have u been Wesley??!

detmotownguy
01-12-2016, 11:40 PM
Where have u been Wesley??!
Yeah, where you been hiding? lol!

Weslley Francisco
01-13-2016, 10:38 PM
Hi Guys!
Well.. I was kind of busy for a while, I did not have time to access the Soufuldetroit.comNow I'm working and studying and 24 hours are very short time... But now I'm back!

Weslley Francisco
01-13-2016, 10:39 PM
Weslley, This is from the tour they did with The Temptations. I saw this show at Shady Grove Music Fair in Maryland. The exciting part for me, other than being very close to the stage, was being chosen as the You're Nobody guy. Initially Lynda picked someone who wouldn't stand up so Jean, who had spotted me waving my hand, said "I have someone over here. Will you stand up for us?" And I jumped up as fast as I could! Pretty exciting being sung to by Jean Terrell. If I remember correctly, The Supremes & Temptaions came out and did one song together, then The Supremes did their set. After intermission, The Temptaions did their set and then they performed a couple of songs together. Heaven in a concert!

You are so lucky!! :)

Weslley Francisco
01-22-2016, 01:16 AM
Thank's God!!A fan send me the tracks from the concert... They sing:1- T.C.B Theme2- Medley of Hits 3- Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love4- It's Allright With Me5- Stoned Love6- Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You and Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars7- Love The One You're With8- Lean On Me9- Everybody's Got The Right To Love10- He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother11- You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You12- Somewhere13- I'm Gonna Make You Love Me14- Rhythm Of Life

marv2
01-22-2016, 01:35 AM
Thank's God!!A fan send me the tracks from the concert... They sing:1- T.C.B Theme2- Medley of Hits 3- Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love4- It's Allright With Me5- Stoned Love6- Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You and Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars7- Love The One You're With8- Lean On Me9- Everybody's Got The Right To Love10- He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother11- You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You12- Somewhere13- I'm Gonna Make You Love Me14- Rhythm Of Life

Weslley, will you be posting more from this concert?

Weslley Francisco
02-09-2016, 09:16 AM
Of course! There is nothing of the Supremes that I do not share with you!

It will take a long time for me to upload the full show on YouTube, so I'll put on parties on the Facebook group: Supremes Fan Club.

Weslley Francisco
02-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Here's a link to the group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/898169700216256/?fref=ts

TheMotownManiac
02-09-2016, 03:59 PM
Thank you for being so thoughtful and open with these treasures, Wesley. YOU are a treasure as well ; ))

Weslley Francisco
02-10-2016, 08:30 AM
Thank you :D
It's my pleasure share these things with you! Check out the group, I've uploaded some unreleased tracks by Mary Wilson on Atlantic and Motown Records

Weslley Francisco
02-10-2016, 08:38 AM
Soulful Detroit and the Fans of the Supremes are my inspiration, I always read all the topics in this site when I was little, and i was always interested in every story, every conversation about all those appearances on TV, and I was wanting to see all this, so I started looking for all these rarities since I was 13 years old, and this is the result
I could not find all of these things without your help...

Weslley Francisco
02-10-2016, 11:47 AM
I already uploaded the first 5 tracks ;)

Bluebrock
02-10-2016, 12:13 PM
Thank you :D
It's my pleasure share these things with you! Check out the group, I've uploaded some unreleased tracks by Mary Wilson on Atlantic and Motown Records

Wow!! This sounds intriguing.

arr&bee
02-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Remember that famous picture of washington crossing the delaware?...well maybe he was on his way to this concert...everybody loves the supremes.

thommg
09-07-2016, 03:56 PM
Wessley! I found the program from Shady Grove Music Fair! It';s odd in that it doesn't use "The" in front of either group name. The inside contains a bio of Temptations [[the Group) and then each individual member. The Supremes bio is of the group but each lady is named individually in that bio. I remember the programs were just a color picture of the Temptaions and on the opposite page, a black & white photo of The Supremes.

sup_fan
09-07-2016, 05:12 PM
isn't this the tour where The Sups were OPENING for the Temptations? as such, they're "real estate" in the program would be less.

Also Rick on FB shared a story where during one of the shows on the tour, in Philly, Lynda had stopped by to visit her parents and got stuck behind a major accident on the highway. The show was delayed waiting for her until Otis got fed up and made Mary and Jean start as a duo. Lynda got there late, got changed, and then joined the girls onstage

marv2
09-07-2016, 05:37 PM
isn't this the tour where The Sups were OPENING for the Temptations? as such, they're "real estate" in the program would be less.

Also Rick on FB shared a story where during one of the shows on the tour, in Philly, Lynda had stopped by to visit her parents and got stuck behind a major accident on the highway. The show was delayed waiting for her until Otis got fed up and made Mary and Jean start as a duo. Lynda got there late, got changed, and then joined the girls onstage

Lynda also took off a shoe and threw it at Richard Street in the dressing room as he had been trying to get at her.........hehehehehehehehe!

sup_fan
09-07-2016, 06:38 PM
Lynda also took off a shoe and threw it at Richard Street in the dressing room as he had been trying to get at her.........hehehehehehehehe!

no - the story is he stepped on her earring onstage, unknowingly, and crushed it. so she jumped him in the dressing room. took 3 security guards to get her off him lol

bradsupremes
09-07-2016, 07:52 PM
This was when Gil Askey brought back the old Vegas/Farewell set list from the final months with Diana. Bad move. Jean didn't want to say the spoken parts during "Love Is Here And Now You're Gone." "Love Child" was also put back in, but Jean refused to sing it so it was taken out.

sup_fan
09-07-2016, 08:03 PM
i'm sure she was pissed that her songs were mostly reduced to 1 medley

marv2
09-07-2016, 10:01 PM
They should have just performed the 70s songs complete versions. They had enough well known songs to do just that. They could have 3-4 of the old Supremes hits in long form and came out with a winning show. All the show tunes hub bub should have been dropped.

luke
09-08-2016, 12:08 AM
Nice behavior. I guess Diana was right about Lynda when she said who does this chick think she is? me??!!

marv2
09-08-2016, 03:34 AM
no - the story is he stepped on her earring onstage, unknowingly, and crushed it. so she jumped him in the dressing room. took 3 security guards to get her off him lol

No, no, you're getting your Supremes stories mixed up. That was when Flo had to bust Diane's ass up for the umpteenth time! LOL!

honest man
09-08-2016, 08:27 AM
No, no, you're getting your Supremes stories mixed up. That was when Flo had to bust Diane's ass up for the umpteenth time! LOL!No surprise for her then.when she got sacked hey,unsociable behaviour not tolerated in work places,no sympathy whatsoever for her when she got the sack from her background position,cheers.