PDA

View Full Version : William "Red" Guest - Heart Don't Change My Mind

test

marv2
12-27-2015, 01:06 AM
One of his last recordings. A great song.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPs8WT03zzw

Bluebrock
12-29-2015, 12:11 PM
One of his last recordings. A great song.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPs8WT03zzw
A really nice version of this lovely song by the late great man but i still think i prefer the Diana and Streisand versions because the production is better on those versions.

midnightman
12-29-2015, 01:00 PM
Glad to see he was "chugging along" until the end. :) RIP William...

Bluebrock
12-29-2015, 01:08 PM
Glad to see he was "chugging along" until the end. :) RIP William...
Oh yes indeed. What a guy.

marv2
12-29-2015, 01:32 PM
A really nice version of this lovely song by the late great man but i still think i prefer the Diana and Streisand versions because the production is better on those versions.

I never heard of those versions before. I do like this one however.

Bluebrock
12-29-2015, 02:10 PM
I never heard of those versions before. I do like this one however.
Streisands was in the 80's and Diana's was the 5th UK single from "force behind the power" in 1992.

marv2
12-29-2015, 03:40 PM
Streisands was in the 80's and Diana's was the 5th UK single from "force behind the power" in 1992.

My friend Toni was working for Motown here in America in the late 80's , early 90s when Jheryl Busby was in charge. She would give me CDs to listen to and critique for her. She brought me that Diana Ross "Force Behind the Power" prior to it's release. I told her the artwork alone was going to sink it and not to waste too much time on it. However, BoyzIIMen had a hot one that was set to be released that I gave the thumbs up on.

Bluebrock
12-30-2015, 04:31 PM
My friend Toni was working for Motown here in America in the late 80's , early 90s when Jheryl Busby was in charge. She would give me CDs to listen to and critique for her. She brought me that Diana Ross "Force Behind the Power" prior to it's release. I told her the artwork alone was going to sink it and not to waste too much time on it. However, BoyzIIMen had a hot one that was set to be released that I gave the thumbs up on.
The artwork wan't that great but the music within was excellent. Despite flopping in the USA it was huge in the UK, Europe and Japan.

thommg
12-30-2015, 04:49 PM
William sounds great on this song. I didn't realize he continued to record after the Pips "retired". Good on him!

It is certainly a beautiful song, Diana's version is quite nice as is Barbra's. I also enjoy Elaine Paige [[UK star) on this song. I believe I heard her sing it first and then the others.

Bluebrock
12-31-2015, 01:15 PM
William sounds great on this song. I didn't realize he continued to record after the Pips "retired". Good on him!

It is certainly a beautiful song, Diana's version is quite nice as is Barbra's. I also enjoy Elaine Paige [[UK star) on this song. I believe I heard her sing it first and then the others.
You may be right. Streisands version appeared on her "emotion" album from the mid 80's which had production from amongst others Maurice White. Elaine Paige probably recorded it around the same time, certainly a few years before the Ross version.