PDA

View Full Version : Beatles Give Okay to Streaming

test

jobeterob
12-23-2015, 10:22 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/arts/beatles-music-streaming-1.3378014

soulster
12-24-2015, 04:59 PM
You do realize that this is a big nail in the CD coffin, right? I refuse to stream music.

jobeterob
12-24-2015, 07:16 PM
Sirius has replaced CDs in my truck - soultown 60s on 6 70s on 7

I don't think CDs are over but it doesn't look promising and they sure have gutted the retirement income of many heritage artists and the jobs of many in the industry

soulster
12-26-2015, 02:23 PM
Since all of my music has been archived on hard drives, all I have to do is copy music I want to a USB stick and play that in the car. That way I also get better sound quality, and I can customize what I want to hear.

No, CDs aren't over, but it is gradually shrinking. There are some music you can't even get on CD anymore, and if you can, it is expensive. You can buy the individual remastered albums and songs of The Isley Brothers on Pono and 7-digital, for example, but you cannot do that on CD. You have to buy the whole $175 boxed set.

woodward
12-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Just wondering, why is this in the Motown thread instead of the main forum?

marv2
12-26-2015, 04:17 PM
I don't understand why Jobeterob continually posts these Non-Motown threads in the Motown Forum. Is it just to confuse things?

soulster
12-26-2015, 04:45 PM
I don't understand why Jobeterob continually posts these Non-Motown threads in the Motown Forum. Is it just to confuse things? I think it is because the Motown forum gets the most traffic, and if you want your thread to be seen, that's where you put it.

This is why I am strongly advocating the elimination of separate music forums and combining them into one. That's up to Ralph and Lowell, though. I hope they see this and discuss it.

jobeterob
12-26-2015, 04:47 PM
You're right Soulster! Go look at the views in the clubhouse especially at Christmas!