Chicago

One missing

jobeterob
12-18-2015, 01:25 AM
Last inductee is Deep Purple!

soulster
12-18-2015, 03:28 AM
Jobetrob, can you ever post information with a link? Here:
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6812923/rock-roll-hall-fame-2016-inductees

It's about time Chicago was inducted. And, i'm very happy NWA is in too. Not only does this once and for all legitemize rap, but gives the finger to the rockists.

jobeterob
12-18-2015, 01:24 PM
I got it off Facebook; many people formerly here have gone there and you get early information; but no link so I couldn't post one.

I suppose it is okay if we are talking "rock".

motony
12-18-2015, 04:52 PM
LOL, it has become meaningless to people that really know Rock N Roll History.

jobeterob
12-18-2015, 07:01 PM
LOL, it has become meaningless to people that really know Rock N Roll History.

I agree.

It started with such promise.

edafan
12-18-2015, 07:36 PM
and
the late great Richard Street belongs in the RRHOF

edafan

Jimi LaLumia
12-18-2015, 07:49 PM
they have given up on trying to get the group that gave Motown it's first national #1 pop single.. still not inducted..The Marvelettes!! shameful..

Doug-Morgan
12-18-2015, 09:26 PM
I'm of two minds when it comes to Chicago. Their first 3 LPs were killers.....inventive and very creative in their use of horns in a rock setting......then they became a second rate Blood, Sweat and Tears, and I don't see anyone beating the doors down for B,S&T. I am one of these folks who don't believe longevity is a reason to nominate.

jobeterob
12-18-2015, 10:58 PM
And if we are looking for influence and cultural impact, they have no interest in Lesley Gore and You Don't Own Me. I think it will be a very difficult job to get anything else Motown in.

luke
12-18-2015, 11:48 PM
I read the Marvelettes were rejected again in 2015.

bradsupremes
12-19-2015, 12:09 AM
I understand the debate for rap and its inclusion in the Rock Hall; however the push to get N.W.A. in before far more deserving acts like the Moody Blues, Todd Rundgren, Three Dog Night, and the Doobie Brothers is a troubling sign and mostly due to Jann Wenner. Jann has shifted his focus on the youth, yet he fails to realize the Rock Hall is not a TV program or a record label which appeals for a young targeted demographic. It is a hall of fame for those in the past who paved the way. It's not about appeasing youth. The recent film on N.W.A. helped with their momentum to get in, but unfortunately it eclipsed other deserving nominees like Yes and the Spinners. The Rock Hall is filled with controversies. Just look how long it took to get the Miracles in. Will other Motown acts get in? Possibly. The Spinners and the Marvelettes still have a shot. Mary Wells and Junior Walker are deserving, but their chances are slim. Of course there are the Non-Performers where Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong deserve a space and the Andantes and the rest of the Funk Brothers deserve to be in for their work behind the scenes.

Ngroove
12-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Sorry, but is Chic even in yet?

*to make it Motown-associative, Niles Rogers did collaborate with Diana Ross in "Diana" in 1980, then again in 1989 with "Workin Overtime"*

jobeterob
12-19-2015, 09:37 PM
Don't think so for chic either