PDA

View Full Version : Twistin' Kings Finally Get Airplay

test

BayouMotownMan
12-15-2015, 07:57 PM
I have been so pleasantly surprised of the sounds I hear in many stores and restaurants, all of whom seem to have satellite radio.

Yesterday at IHop, I was eating a late lunch with a friend. Christmas music was coming through and all of a sudden I stopped my conversation with "Oh my God, that's the Twistin' Kings."

My friend had no idea what I was talking about as Christmas Twist blared over the speakers. LOL. That lp sank without a trace, if it got airplay it was in the Detroit and surrounding areas. Now, the Twistin' Kings, a group that never was, are being played coast to coast.

A couple weeks ago I'm in a barbeque restaurant. It was an oldies station apparently and we heard the typical Ain't Too Proud To Beg, Grapevine etc. Then out of nowhere came a familiar into. BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM..."Oh baby, hold me kiss me, do Anything You Wanna Do." I blurted out to the friend with me that day, "Oh my God, that's the Marvelettes, that's the flip side to Don't Mess With Bill." She looked at me quizzically.

I love it when these kids who program these stations chose these songs inadvertently, because they really are unfamiliar with most of the artists.

The Twistin' Kings. At IHop. Could barely finish my coffee and hash browns.

RossHolloway
12-17-2015, 12:11 PM
Were the Twist Kings simply the Funk Brothers? I can't remember my liner notes.

thommg
12-17-2015, 01:53 PM
Were the Twist Kings simply the Funk Brothers? I can't remember my liner notes.

It appears that is the case.

http://motownjunkies.co.uk/artists/t/twistin-kings/