PDA

View Full Version : "Nightlfight" Tue Dec 15, 9P-12M ET: Motown Unreleased 1965 and Motown Christmas!

test

midnight johnny
12-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Howdy, Folks! Tonight on "Nightflight" [[Tue Dec 15, 9P-12M ET) part one of my 2 Holiday shows! The music will be all Motown, but the show will be more than Motown Christmas music. As a special treat, I'll be airing the brand new, hot off the presses "Motown Unreleased-1965"! This "Motown Unreleased" series opens the Motown vaults and gives us even more Hitsville tracks that haven't seen the light of day since they were recorded FIFTY YEARS AGO! YIKES!
TOTAL RARENESS! SO tonight....Motown Christmas and MORE Motown...on "Nightflight" on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and streaming live worldwide at www.womr.org See you on the radio! Thanks! John

Mark Desjardines
12-15-2015, 09:20 PM
Last week John treated us to Diana Ross singing songs from The Wiz and The Supremes Merry Christmas, with Andy Skurow & George Solomon telling us the backstory. This week we get to hear some previously unreleased 1965 Motown tracks. This is Christmas and New Years all rolled up in one! Looking forward to this evening John!

midnight johnny
12-15-2015, 09:38 PM
Last week John treated us to Diana Ross singing songs from The Wiz and The Supremes Merry Christmas, with Andy Skurow & George Solomon telling us the backstory. This week we get to hear some previously unreleased 1965 Motown tracks. This is Christmas and New Years all rolled up in one! Looking forward to this evening John!

Christmas AND New Years?? Not your BIRTHDAY too??? [[*Grin).. Hey there, Mark! Glad you're there!!!

Mark Desjardines
12-15-2015, 09:52 PM
Well.....it's in Feb., so close enough for me!

Mark Desjardines
12-15-2015, 10:06 PM
John, no not freezing in Vancouver, but raining off and on all day. Just enough to make me "California dreamin' on such a winter's day!"

midnight johnny
12-15-2015, 10:13 PM
John, no not freezing in Vancouver, but raining off and on all day. Just enough to make me "California dreamin' on such a winter's day!"

Yes....and we are unseasonable warm here in New England...very strange...and pleasant...

carole cucumber
12-15-2015, 10:24 PM
12 O'Clock and Jealously Is Creeping Up On Me [[by the Contours) share the same band track.

carole cucumber
12-15-2015, 10:27 PM
Just love those politically incorrect Supremes- and A Merry Christmas to you Johnny & all listeners of Night Flight .

midnight johnny
12-15-2015, 10:30 PM
Just love those politically incorrect Supremes- and A Merry Christmas to you Johnny & all listeners of Night Flight .

Well, hello there,Carole...and to you..the merriest...the merriestIII

texassoul
12-15-2015, 11:10 PM
HI John and Merry Christmas to you and your family. Can't tune in just yet. Are the unreleased songs going to finally be released? If so, when? Thank you.

Mark Desjardines
12-15-2015, 11:10 PM
John, it is stunning the unreleased music Motown kept in the vault by Oma Heard and the Four Tops that you just played. It is quite bizarre the you consider that The Jackson 5, being Jehovah's Witnesses recorded a Christmas album!

midnight johnny
12-15-2015, 11:25 PM
John, it is stunning the unreleased music Motown kept in the vault by Oma Heard and the Four Tops that you just played. It is quite bizarre the you consider that The Jackson 5, being Jehovah's Witnesses recorded a Christmas album!

I think I knew that in the memory of my mind...but totally forgot it!! I guess where money is involved.....

midnight johnny
12-15-2015, 11:29 PM
HI John and Merry Christmas to you and your family. Can't tune in just yet. Are the unreleased songs going to finally be released? If so, when? Thank you.

Mike.....Hey there!!! It's out!!!!

carole cucumber
12-15-2015, 11:53 PM
Stepping Closer To Your Heart was also recorded & released by Marvin Gaye as well.

midnight johnny
12-15-2015, 11:54 PM
Stepping Closer To Your Heart was also recorded & released by Marvin Gaye as well.

Thanks, Carole!!

carole cucumber
12-16-2015, 12:50 AM
I'm pretty sure that the pattern on the Motown Unreleased digital download series is to put the songs in order by date of completion. Chris Clark comes toward the end because her songs were likely recorded in November or December 1965.

carole cucumber
12-16-2015, 12:52 AM
Cross referencing DFTMC, the version of I Got Heaven Right Here On Earth on the new download predates the version with David Ruffin on lead.

midnight johnny
12-16-2015, 01:34 AM
I'm pretty sure that the pattern on the Motown Unreleased digital download series is to put the songs in order by date of completion. Chris Clark comes toward the end because her songs were likely recorded in November or December 1965.

Good to know, Carole...thanks!

midnight johnny
12-16-2015, 01:36 AM
Cross referencing DFTMC, the version of I Got Heaven Right Here On Earth on the new download predates the version with David Ruffin on lead.

Thanks, Carole!!!

Bluebrock
12-16-2015, 07:45 AM
I think I knew that in the memory of my mind...but totally forgot it!! I guess where money is involved.....
I don't think they had any choice in the matter. At the time the J5 were the major priority for Berry Gordy along with Diana of course, and so if he wanted the J5 to record an xmas album then that is what they would have to do. As it turned out it was a fine decision. I currently have the expanded edition playing in my car and it is one of my very favourite xmas albums.