View Full Version : Happy Birthday to Miss Cindy Birdsong

test

sansradio
12-15-2015, 09:58 AM
And many, many more.

sansradio
12-15-2015, 12:36 PM
From Facebook:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=6a6bc1f824&view=fimg&th=151a67c71b19f389&attid=0.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ-L2opiP-Cmg5ArbspXLs3BgKzFdacMhzipbOkln3siBmIgu18odxfWjBi9 rmUZZYDd6tUo9RNWV38ujK8aPh26Wyo80ObBEIhLhjqr0Dpr_j MmpiQ8OA22Pq4&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1450197246241&rm=151a67c71b19f389&zw&atsh=1

Philles/Motown Gary
12-15-2015, 01:36 PM
Happy Birthday, Cindy! May your special day be the best one yet! And thanks for those super performances with The Supremes. Still gettin' goosebumps here after all these years!

REDHOT
12-15-2015, 06:47 PM
Happy Birthday Supreme Cindy Birdsong,Wishing Cindy The Best.

marv2
12-15-2015, 08:23 PM
Happy Birthday to Cindy Birdsong, Camden homegirl!

franjoy56
12-15-2015, 10:32 PM
Happy Birthday to Cindy Birdsong, Camden homegirl!
happy bday to one of t gracious of all the supremes ms cindy cynthia bIrddong who took a musical journey down the w the bluebelles thru high energy with the supremes and so much music in between god bless u. always with best bday wishes

BigAl
12-16-2015, 09:17 AM
Cindy's regarded as a class act all the way, discounting the manner in which she left the Biuebelles. She was always more than gracious with fans and impressed me with her friendliness every time I met her. She had a terrible job to do when she was hired to step into Flo's shoes [[literally) and she pulled it off with style and grace. She was there for Mary when Jean and Lynda flew the coop. Had she not been, there's every possibility that The Supremes might have ended then and there.

Jimi LaLumia
12-16-2015, 09:33 AM
I did a sit down interview with Cindy in the 80's, when she was being managed by Bernard Jay [[who also managed Divine, the drag queen, not the female group) and was pushing "Dancing Room", was it? and she was lovely, open , friendly, one of the most pleasant of the hundreds of interviews I've done through the decades.. Love and positive energy to Cindy [[the results of that interview led to my car dealership friend, Norman, to meet Cindy and become "Cadillac Man"; he was such a fan of the girls that he would drive all the girls when in N.Y., including Mary Wilson as I recall, in the most expensive high profile Cadillacs at no cost to them, all at his own expense.. so you're welcome ladies, I helped you save some big bucks over a period of time, and made Norman a very happy man)

Jimi LaLumia
12-16-2015, 09:36 AM
when I did the interview with Cindy, Norman kidnapped me into a Caddy and drove all over Long Island listening to the 45 minute cassette tape [[which snapped!! years later!!!) over and over..yeesh

marv2
12-16-2015, 10:27 AM
I did a sit down interview with Cindy in the 80's, when she was being managed by Bernard Jay [[who also managed Divine, the drag queen, not the female group) and was pushing "Dancing Room", was it? and she was lovely, open , friendly, one of the most pleasant of the hundreds of interviews I've done through the decades.. Love and positive energy to Cindy [[the results of that interview led to my car dealership friend, Norman, to meet Cindy and become "Cadillac Man"; he was such a fan of the girls that he would drive all the girls when in N.Y., including Mary Wilson as I recall, in the most expensive high profile Cadillacs at no cost to them, all at his own expense.. so you're welcome ladies, I helped you save some big bucks over a period of time, and made Norman a very happy man)

Jimi, did you that King O'Rourke out in Smithtown names a signature Cadillac for Mary Wilson back in 2000? Big celebration and everything.

Bluebrock
12-16-2015, 10:37 AM
I have never met Cindy but she always came across as a genuine lady so I am not in the least bit surprised by what you wrote Jimi Latumia. The way she stepped in to replace Florence and stole our hearts in the process is testament to her character. God bless her!

Jimi LaLumia
12-16-2015, 10:49 AM
Marv, i think that was Norman's turf, I have no doubt he had a hand in it.. haven't seen or heard from him in many years, he had weight issues, don't know if he's still around.. a very good, very funny, entertaining and smart person

marv2
12-20-2015, 10:57 AM
Marv, i think that was Norman's turf, I have no doubt he had a hand in it.. haven't seen or heard from him in many years, he had weight issues, don't know if he's still around.. a very good, very funny, entertaining and smart person

I don't know him, but thanks.