PDA

View Full Version : Fear leading to more censorship on the internet

test

soulster
12-13-2015, 02:10 PM
I was going to post this on my other favorite message board, but decided that they are one of those places that crack down on everything. It's a bit more relaxed here, so i'm wondering what you all think:

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/will-fear-change-internet-self-policing-has-already-started-n477006

Jerry Oz
12-13-2015, 03:08 PM
While I understand why people think this is a good idea, I also recognize that different ideas about what should be allowed. You still have folks who believe that demanding police not crack heads unnecessarily is an assault on law enforcement. If I Tweet "Hands up; Don't shoot!", is that hate speech? Donald Trump and Ben Carson think it is.

soulster
12-13-2015, 05:36 PM
Conservatives want it both ways: they want to stop whatever they deem hate speech, but want the freedom to say whatever nasty, vile thing they want.

Jerry Oz
12-14-2015, 10:55 PM
It's there a reason why every Sunday morning news show features three times as many Republicans as Democrats? I get tired of listening to their distortions and outright lies so I stopped watching the shows.

soulster
12-15-2015, 10:31 AM
You noticed that too? It's like Faux news isn't enough. Gotta admit, though, the conservatives know how tio get their message out. It's the one thing liberals really suck at.