PDA

View Full Version : The Motown Group That Held the Billboard #1 Spot the Longest!

test

marv2
12-11-2015, 01:40 PM
Holding the number-one spot for at least 50 weeks cumulatively........
Boyz II Men!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDKO6XYXioc

woodward
12-11-2015, 02:13 PM
I find this perplexing in so much as I don't recall the group ever being mentioned in a thread on the Motown Forum. But I guess that most forum members are not from this recent vintage era and go back a lot further than them.

jobeterob
12-11-2015, 02:20 PM
Boy II Men were huge for a very short time and then plummeted pretty hard and fast.

In their era, the sales of physical CDS were huge and the singles lasted forever!

I see in their recent compilation charts, Billboard has reduced the weighting for some of this era ~ mainly because I gather fewer singles were released during those years and it was the era of songs like the Leanne Rimes song staying on the singles chart for a year when during the 60's, if you got 14 weeks, that was a long time.

marv2
12-11-2015, 02:55 PM
I find this perplexing in so much as I don't recall the group ever being mentioned in a thread on the Motown Forum. But I guess that most forum members are not from this recent vintage era and go back a lot further than them.

It's just like with Michael Jackson. We have to rectify this oversight. I loved Boyz II Men's music.

midnightman
12-11-2015, 04:05 PM
Most members here only focus on the '60s and early '70s so-called "classic era" of Motown.

marv2
12-11-2015, 04:06 PM
Most members here only focus on the '60s and early '70s so-called "classic era" of Motown.

Understood, but they also talk about what those involved in the 60s thru early 70s are doing today and skip completely over the 80s and 90s like they never happened! LOL!

midnightman
12-11-2015, 04:22 PM
^ Yeah that's true lol