PDA

View Full Version : Darlene Love Continues the David Letterman Christmas Tradition on THE VIEW

test

milven
12-11-2015, 09:01 AM
David Letterman may be off the air, but Darlene Love continues a beloved holiday tradition when she performs her iconic song, "Christmas, Baby Please Come Home," on ABC's "The View," FRIDAY, DECEMBER 18. For almost 30 years, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer performed the song exclusively on David Letterman's late-night programs, and she has chosen "The View" to carry on the popular tradition.

David spared no expense when he presented Darlene. I hope she has the full chorus, orchestra and strings accompanying her

carlo
12-11-2015, 10:01 AM
I saw Darlene Love in concert for the first time a couple of weekends ago and she looked and sounded fantastic. For the first half of the show, she mostly performed songs from her new album and I very much enjoyed it. After 40 minutes, they announced they would be taking a quick intermission for 15 minutes. Not sure if something happened, as the intermission ended up being just over 25 minutes and then her band and background singers returned to the stage without Darlene to sing Christmas songs for another 10-15 minutes. Everyone else seemed to be loving it, but I personally was a bit frustrated that the show was going later into the evening, having come out of town and then having to drive back home for 45 mins afterwards. I think she came back for another 30 minutes or less after the break. She seems to be really happy about her overdue accolades and recognition, as she prefaced her performance of "Today I Met the Boy I'm Gonna Marry" by saying she gets paid $5,000 everytime someone asks her to perform this song at a wedding. She said she will perform it for whoever's wedding, as long as they pay her, because she said she doesn't come cheap and needs to bring along her stylists. She was talking quite a bit in this way and it turned me off. It was a shame because I left the show feeling disappointed, after having really enjoyed the first set.

luke
12-11-2015, 11:02 AM
Wow. I hope Ms Darlene ain't getting a swelled head. I saw her last year at BB Kings and she was down to earth and there was a very brief intermission when her background singers sang. She had said she was retiring Christmas Baby for good and would never sing it on tv again unless she meant late night...

marv2
12-11-2015, 02:58 PM
David Letterman may be off the air, but Darlene Love continues a beloved holiday tradition when she performs her iconic song, "Christmas, Baby Please Come Home," on ABC's "The View," FRIDAY, DECEMBER 18. For almost 30 years, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer performed the song exclusively on David Letterman's late-night programs, and she has chosen "The View" to carry on the popular tradition.

David spared no expense when he presented Darlene. I hope she has the full chorus, orchestra and strings accompanying her

[[Why can't we edit the title of a topic when we make an error. I can't add an "e" to the end of Darlene's name :mad:)

Milven, you can correct the title. What you must do is go to the bottom of your original posting in the thread, then click on "edit post". After that, look for "Go Advance". Click on that and the title bar will appear allowing you to change or correct it.

milven
12-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Milven, you can correct the title. What you must do is go to the bottom of your original posting in the thread, then click on "edit post". After that, look for "Go Advance". Click on that and the title bar will appear allowing you to change or correct it.

Thanks Marv. I never saw that option. Just tried it and made the correction. Thank you

marv2
12-11-2015, 06:03 PM
Thanks Marv. I never saw that option. Just tried it and made the correction. Thank you

You're welcome.

copley
12-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Finally found it. Darlene Christmas 2015. So it really is Christmas as Darlene has sung so :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oJJ8dbxRPI

luke
12-20-2015, 08:56 PM
Not quite as magical but she's in great voice.

marv2
12-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Darlene looked and sounded great! Thank you Copley!

rrussi
12-21-2015, 04:59 AM
I don't believe the back-up "singers" are really the voices we are hearing...sometimes their mouths aren't even moving.

reese
12-21-2015, 10:33 AM
I don't believe the back-up "singers" are really the voices we are hearing...sometimes their mouths aren't even moving.

Darlene sounded great, but it was certainly a step down from the elaborate presentations she used to get on David Letterman. But this is daytime, so I sort of expected that. She was singing to a track, I believe. The back-up "singers" on stage are the hosts of THE VIEW.

luke
12-21-2015, 10:41 AM
And though the host mentioned Darkenes pledge never to sing it again on TV, Darlene made no comment

Roberta75
12-21-2015, 04:17 PM
And though the host mentioned Darkenes pledge never to sing it again on TV, Darlene made no comment

So what. Shes alowed to change her mind.

rrussi
12-23-2015, 09:42 AM
Didn't she also mistakenly say she first recorded the song in 1964?