15.Try A Little Tenderness — Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
16.I Cried For You — Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
17.I Like Everything About You [[Alternate Vocal Version) — Four Tops
18.It — Little Lisa
19.My Daddy Knows Best — Little Lisa
20.It's Got To Be Love — Monitors
21.Going To A Go-Go [[Alternate Version) — Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
22.For Once In My Life — Connie Haines
23.Baby You Know You Ain't Right [[Alternate Slow Version) — Jr. Walker & The All Stars
24.Yesterday — Chris Clark
25.Determination — Ivy Jo Hunter
26.I Got Heaven Right Here On Earth [[Alternate Version) — The Temptations
27.I Don't Want You Anymore — Chris Clark
28.Can't Figure It Out — Lewis Sisters

Philles/Motown Gary
12-11-2015, 01:50 AM
Hey, thanks a bunch, johnny_raven and motown01! Amazon's got it, too! This is a classic example of why I love SDF/Motown Forum so much. It's the cool place to hang out where good news travels fast!

alanh
12-11-2015, 05:42 AM
And available in the UK too. Great news and becoming our annual Christmas bonus!

backflipboy
12-11-2015, 08:17 AM
£9.99 on Google Play, and 320kbps encoding .........

backflipboy
12-11-2015, 08:18 AM
£9.99 on Google Play, and 320kbps encoding ......... :cool:

motownjohnny
12-11-2015, 09:46 AM
This is supposed to be a collection of previously unreleased tracks from 1965, so is the version of "Funny How Time Slips Away" by Stevie Wonder different from the one released as the original B Side to "High Heel Sneakers" [[Tamla 54105) and also as the final track on side 2 of the "Recorded Live, The Motortown Revue In Paris" album [[Tamla 254)?

The Amazon website doesn't indicate this as being an alternate recording, so if it isn't, I'm surprised it's included in this set.

mysterysinger
12-11-2015, 09:47 AM
And like the rest of the Motown Unreleased tracks, 1965 will probably be available to hear for free on YouTube before too long.

carole cucumber
12-11-2015, 10:17 AM
And like the rest of the Motown Unreleased tracks, 1965 will probably be available to hear for free on YouTube before too long.

And now can be heard for free on Spotify.

carole cucumber
12-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Keith Hughes,

If the track listing isn't yet finalized for Motown Girls 3 ... please include Little Lisa's version of "My Daddy Knows Best" . I am just lovin' the arrangement and vocal backgrounds tremendously.
Although the Marvelettes delivery is classic, the treatment of this number by Little Lisa, the Funks & Andantes is fantastic! It fells like an entirely new/different song.

theboyfromxtown
12-11-2015, 10:27 AM
£9.99 on Google Play, and 320kbps encoding .........

Have you got a link for the 320 encoding. Is the wiz and Supes Xmas album there too..in the 320 format?

carole cucumber
12-11-2015, 10:39 AM
I realize that this is a busy time of year, but is there a target date for adding the annotations for Motown 1965 at DFTMC?

carole cucumber
12-11-2015, 10:50 AM
It's interesting that the Spinners ' selection placed between 2 Stevie Wonder song begins with the lead singing in a pitch that evokes Stevie voice at the time. Although it doesn't sound as if it would have been considered a strong contender for release as a single back in the day, i wonder if there would have resulted a lawsuit due to the opening's similarity to 'Since I Don't Have You' by the Skyliners.

theboyfromxtown
12-11-2015, 11:46 AM
I realize that this is a busy time of year, but is there a target date for adding the annotations for Motown 1965 at DFTMC?

Ask Keith if he's twiddling his thumbs with nothing to do! LOLOL

theboyfromxtown
12-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Stevie Wonder 12 oclock

I love this.....same band track as the Contours Jealousy is Creeping On Me

RossHolloway
12-11-2015, 12:08 PM
Christmas arrived early this year! I can't wait to get home to download this collection. I think this is the shortest release yet in this series, I'm surprised there are no EVD, Marvin Gaye or Jimmy Ruffin in this collection, regardless, I'll take what I can get.

theboyfromxtown
12-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Christmas arrived early this year! I can't wait to get home to download this collection. I think this is the shortest release yet in this series, I'm surprised there are no EVD, Marvin Gaye or Jimmy Ruffin in this collection, regardless, I'll take what I can get.

There's no Velvelettes either....but I guess you noticed that! lol

backflipboy
12-11-2015, 12:31 PM
The Wiz .......
https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Diana_Ross_Sings_Songs_From_The_Wiz?id=Bpxfyq6lnyx zwva7cv576lowl3a&hl=en-GB

theboyfromxtown
12-11-2015, 01:03 PM
Merci

But isn't it in the MP3 file type....that's what it says at the bottom

johnny_raven
12-11-2015, 01:36 PM
MotownJohnny:

This version of Stevie's "Funny ..." is a studio recording. The released [[45) version is live from the Paris show [[as is it's A-side).

JR

thommg
12-11-2015, 02:28 PM
It's available on 7Digital as well:

https://us.7digital.com/artist/various-artists/release/motown-unreleased-1965/

backflipboy
12-11-2015, 07:34 PM
xtown ...... click on the link, scroll RIGHT DOWN to the bottom, right hand side, file type MP3

All Google Music's MP3's are encoded at 320.

Is this the Supremes album the one you were looking for ?
https://play.google.com/store/music/album/The_Supremes_Merry_Christmas_Expanded_Edition?id=B 3fk6ydquhocg4ygvr7v7a3k2ku&hl=en-GB

theboyfromxtown
12-11-2015, 07:41 PM
xtown ...... click on the link, scroll RIGHT DOWN to the bottom, right hand side, file type MP3

All Google Music's MP3's are encoded at 320.

Is this the Supremes album the one you were looking for ?
https://play.google.com/store/music/album/The_Supremes_Merry_Christmas_Expanded_Edition?id=B 3fk6ydquhocg4ygvr7v7a3k2ku&hl=en-GB

Yes it was....does that mean it's CD quality if it's 320?

keith_hughes
12-12-2015, 05:47 AM
Hi Carole

I have the annotations almost ready to go, just need to check the mixing credits.

Motown Girls THREE? I think Motown Guys 2 might be ahead of that in the schedule! And there might be something else ahead of that one - there's some jostling at the starting gate at the moment, but I hope we'll be off and running with a new project in the next few days.

THEN I'll stop twiddling my thumbs ...

Keith

calvin
12-12-2015, 06:01 AM
Yes it was....does that mean it's CD quality if it's 320?

No, 320 kpbs mp3 is lossy. CD quality [["lossless") is 16-bit/44.1 kHz.

I don't see it on 7Digital UK yet but it will come, and probably to Qobuz also.

theboyfromxtown
12-12-2015, 06:03 AM
No, 320 kpbs mp3 is lossy. CD quality [["lossless") is 16-bit/44.1 kHz.

I don't see it yet on 7Digital UK yet but it will come, and probably to Qobuz also.

I thought so. Thank you Calvin

robb_k
12-12-2015, 07:05 PM
MotownJohnny:

This version of Stevie's "Funny ..." is a studio recording. The released [[45) version is live from the Paris show [[as is it's A-side).
JR
I never saw a plastic DJ copy nor store stocker of that pairing. I'm sure there was never a substantial amount of them even getting to stores. It was scheduled, but probably cancelled before distribution, if not before pressing.

nevertoolate
12-12-2015, 11:45 PM
My standouts on this release are:

1. About My Baby--Stevie Wonder--If longer and more "complete" may have been a hit.
2. Can't Break The Habit- Martha--Interesting alt. with "Supreme-like sound[[xylophones).
3. Can't Figure It Out- Lewis Sisters--Their songs sound alike but have interesting melodies.

I like that they all have the classic Motown Sound...and two are original songs with no re-used backing track and the alt. one sounds like a different song almost..

johnny_raven
12-13-2015, 12:53 AM
I never saw a plastic DJ copy nor store stocker of that pairing. I'm sure there was never a substantial amount of them even getting to stores. It was scheduled, but probably cancelled before distribution, if not before pressing.

It was pressed and stocked, but withdrawn quickly and the b-side was changed to "Music Talk" [[from what I've heard ...)

johnny_raven
12-13-2015, 12:55 AM

Oh, that's how you insert a picture [[I do it so rarely).

snakepit
12-13-2015, 03:04 PM
the 2 Ivy hunter tracks are great
suspect he cut a lot of his songs...almost demos but all great
time for a CD on Ivy???

jobeterob
12-13-2015, 03:27 PM
There's something for all motown fans this Christmas if we go looking a bit

keith_hughes
12-13-2015, 07:39 PM
True words, jobeterob ... keep looking, would be my advice ...

robb_k
12-13-2015, 07:55 PM

Oh, that's how you insert a picture [[I do it so rarely).
AMAZING! I looked through literally MILLIONS of US 45s during 1964-1972 and never saw it, and, now, today, I've seen 2 store stock pressings of it, from DIFFERENT pressing plants!!! That means they had at least 2 different press runs. I'd guess that only a few made it out of the distributors, similar to the Oma Heard and Patrice Holloway VIP releases, and "A Little More Love" by Kim Weston.

snakepit
12-14-2015, 03:25 AM
I had a stock copy of Kim Weston on Tamla once.

soulwally
12-14-2015, 09:14 AM
It's interesting that the Spinners ' selection placed between 2 Stevie Wonder song begins with the lead singing in a pitch that evokes Stevie voice at the time. Although it doesn't sound as if it would have been considered a strong contender for release as a single back in the day, i wonder if there would have resulted a lawsuit due to the opening's similarity to 'Since I Don't Have You' by the Skyliners.
And does it feature a unique lead from Billy Henderson. Or is it Bobby Smith singing in a higher register.
But... to me it sounds like Richard Street in falsetto. Is it really A Monitors track?

wedgeville
12-14-2015, 10:09 AM
Not much talk going on regarding this new set. Not sure why, but here's my opinion.
It's shorter than the 63 and 64 sets - much shorter, so one has to ask "is there really not much left?". I was looking forward to the 65 set, but a little disappointed by the lack of tracks. Oh well, 28 is better than none.
favourites for me...
1, Temptations - I Got Heaven Right Here On Earth. So different to the David Ruffin version. And to think they said there was no more Eddie K mid 60s songs left.
2, All the Stevie songs are good, but love the two with Clarence Paul. Both would have sat nicely on the Uptight LP. I have always liked "Funny How Time..." from the Live in Paris, but the studio version is much better.
3, Two good Four Tops tracks. Love em both.
4, Always like The Vandellas "Can't Break The Habit", and this version is just as good.
5, Good efforts from The Hit Pack, The Monitors, The Spinners, Brenda Holloway "My Precious Dreams"and Chris Clark "I Don't Want You Anymore".
6, Nice to see a Jr Walker track included.
7, I'm not a big fan of the Lewis Sisters but to me this is one of the better tracks.
8, Both the Little Lisa tracks are amusing. Love the backing tracks on both, but the vocals are a bit off putting.
9, Going to a Go-Go is OK, but not a fan of the other two Miracles tracks.
10, Good efforts from Ivy Jo, even if they sound like demos.
11, Still debating on the Oma Heard track, but not too fond of the Connie Haines verion of "For Once In My Life".

Wayne

snakepit
12-14-2015, 01:14 PM
And does it feature a unique lead from Billy Henderson. Or is it Bobby Smith singing in a higher register.
But... to me it sounds like Richard Street in falsetto. Is it really A Monitors track?

I thought it sounded like the Monitors too.

soulwally
12-14-2015, 01:51 PM
I thought it sounded like the Monitors too.
We couid have started something here Larry!. Hope you're well.
I love Chris Clark's I Don't You Anymore - I can hear it turning an ear at a NS nite. Ditto Ivy Jo's two 'demos'. I also like the EK-led I Got Heaven..., Both Stevie/Clarence tracks, The Hit Pack's Didn't I [[I already knew the backing Track) and Lawrence's lead on I Like Everything About You.

snakepit
12-14-2015, 05:08 PM
Hello Soulwally
Yes I'm well and hope that all is well with you.
My first thought was Bobby Smith in a higher voice but then moved to Richard Street.
I' m happy with all the tracks...The Miracles are what they are and I accept that.
Love the band track to Little Lisa' s "it".... Would be great with a 'normal' song.
Lawrence Payton on the Four Tops is nice..I wonder how many Levi leads were tried with alternate Lawrence takes.
love Shorty Long but such a weird song...I wonder if it is a real life scenario, such an odd tale.
I too love that Chris Clark...wonderful track
Yes all in all a great collection IMO

144man
12-15-2015, 02:22 PM
The Hit Pack's "Didn't I" is infernally catchy, but why were the Staunton-Walker tracks always so short?

RossHolloway
12-15-2015, 04:09 PM
There's no Velvelettes either....but I guess you noticed that! lol

Yes, I did notice, but I've heard conflicting information about Velvelette tracks. After the release of their Anthology I recall reading that there were a few unreleased tracks left and were left off the anthology for other future releases. Then, I also heard that there were no other unreleased tracks from the group. And now that I think about it has there been any new unreleased tracks since the release of their Anthology?

theboyfromxtown
12-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Sadly no. There are only different mixes left of tracks already released. Unless something is there which has not been recorded on the paperwork. I can only sit and wait and hope!

For example, the second version of "[[We've Got) Honey Love" with a lead by Sandy was released after the Anthology. Not surprisingly, Cal chose her lead vocal for the Anthology version!

keith_hughes
12-15-2015, 06:33 PM
When we were doing the Spinners' set for Ace, I spoke to Bobby Smith and the one track he really wanted to hear was "While The City Sleeps". I promised him we'd try and find it and get it out one day. Kept the promise, but I'm sorry it was too late for Bobby to hear. It was the only track the Spinners cut in L.A. and yes, it's Bobby singing lead.

I don't greatly care for the Connie Haines version of "For Once In My Life" either, but I thought Universal should nail the copyright on this first-ever recording of the song which was to become the Motown publishing arm's biggest ever hit. If it hadn't come out now then it might never have been heard.

Wish this had been a CD with a booklet - so many stories to tell. Someone should dig through the Joe Hunter book and find the story he told about the Hit Pack's "Didn't I".

P.S. to wedgeville: as I tried to hint in my last post on this thread, you haven't been short-changed on 1965. Patience, please.

soulwally
12-15-2015, 07:26 PM
When we were doing the Spinners' set for Ace, I spoke to Bobby Smith and the one track he really wanted to hear was "While The City Sleeps". I promised him we'd try and find it and get it out one day. Kept the promise, but I'm sorry it was too late for Bobby to hear. It was the only track the Spinners cut in L.A. and yes, it's Bobby singing lead.

I don't greatly care for the Connie Haines version of "For Once In My Life" either, but I thought Universal should nail the copyright on this first-ever recording of the song which was to become the Motown publishing arm's biggest ever hit. If it hadn't come out now then it might never have been heard.

Wish this had been a CD with a booklet - so many stories to tell. Someone should dig through the Joe Hunter book and find the story he told about the Hit Pack's "Didn't I".

P.S. to wedgeville: as I tried to hint in my last post on this thread, you haven't been short-changed on 1965. Patience, please.
Keith: Thanks for the answer re the lead on While The City Sleeps. Straight from the horse's mouth, indeed. Towards the close Bobby really does do a Richard Street,

wedgeville
12-16-2015, 03:34 AM

A second volume I hear you say? If that's the case then I am very happy...

Wayne

mysterysinger
12-16-2015, 08:35 AM
Perhaps an Ace Motown 65 CD release? Let's get physical.

wedgeville
12-16-2015, 11:40 AM
Marvin Gaye Unreleased 65 coming on December 18th. Didn't have to look too far for that? 25 tracks in all, however, it looks more MOR than Motown. Essential buy though.

Wayne

RossHolloway
12-16-2015, 12:15 PM
Marvin Gaye Unreleased 65 coming on December 18th. Didn't have to look too far for that? 25 tracks in all, however, it looks more MOR than Motown. Essential buy though.

Wayne
Where did you find this information?

jack020
12-16-2015, 12:55 PM
I found this:
http://www.collectorsfrenzy.com/details/150927188975/Marvin_Gaye_60s_UNRELEASED_ACETATE__Tamla_Motown_p opcorn_northern_soul_Lp_HEAR
Maybe some of the titles mentioned are in there?

You are viewing a 12" acetate of rejected and unissued tunes by Marvin Gaye.
There is writing in pen on the label and sleeve that states "Berry Gordy Jr. does not like the tone content or masters."
This was dated 10/18/65, which puts it around the same date as Marvin's 'A Tribute To the Great Nat "King" Cole' Lp which was released the following month.
This acetate had 6 tunes on it, with lavish production, and elegant arrangements similar to those found on the 'Soulful Moods' and 'Tribute To The Great Nat King Cole' Lp. As far as I can tell, these tunes were unreleased?
Song listing:
"I Worry About You" [[does not play) "The End Of A Love Affair" [[does not play) "I Wish You Love" [[does not play) "So In Love" [[plays well but hangs up) "Violets For Your Furs" [[mostly plays well but hangs up) "Good Bye" [[plays well; VG or VG+ sound quality)

Acetate is in poor condition; I am selling it AS-IS, and I have recorded how it plays on my system, a Technics 1200, with a Shure N447 cartridge, which is very forgiving on records in poor condition. Your set-up may not perform the same depending on the type of cartridge, tonearm, settings, etc.
the first 3 of the 6 songs on this one-sided acetate are flaking and chipping, and will not play at all.
The last 3 are very touch-and-go, but still mostly play;
Track #4 'So In Love' would possibly appeal to fans of the Belgian Popcorn sound. it plays fairly well, but hangs up during playback. An edit could be made in order to preserve this complete track, which to my knowledge and research on the web, has never seen the light of day.
Track #5 'Violets For Your Furs' hung up several times as well, but could be mostly heard, and could be edited together in order to hear or release the complete tune.
the last track "Good Bye" plays very well from beginning to end.

jack020
12-16-2015, 01:03 PM
More Marvin: Rare unreleased sleeve:

motown01
12-16-2015, 01:07 PM
I enjoyed the Jr. Walker track - I like it better than the released version. Always nice to hear more Jr. Walker.

soulwally
12-16-2015, 04:41 PM
I Worry Bout You ended up on The Soulful Moods of Marvin Gaye album... and I've always loved it.

soulwally
12-16-2015, 04:42 PM
I found this:
http://www.collectorsfrenzy.com/details/150927188975/Marvin_Gaye_60s_UNRELEASED_ACETATE__Tamla_Motown_p opcorn_northern_soul_Lp_HEAR
Maybe some of the titles mentioned are in there?

You are viewing a 12" acetate of rejected and unissued tunes by Marvin Gaye.
There is writing in pen on the label and sleeve that states "Berry Gordy Jr. does not like the tone content or masters."
This was dated 10/18/65, which puts it around the same date as Marvin's 'A Tribute To the Great Nat "King" Cole' Lp which was released the following month.
This acetate had 6 tunes on it, with lavish production, and elegant arrangements similar to those found on the 'Soulful Moods' and 'Tribute To The Great Nat King Cole' Lp. As far as I can tell, these tunes were unreleased?
Song listing:
"I Worry About You" [[does not play) "The End Of A Love Affair" [[does not play) "I Wish You Love" [[does not play) "So In Love" [[plays well but hangs up) "Violets For Your Furs" [[mostly plays well but hangs up) "Good Bye" [[plays well; VG or VG+ sound quality)

Acetate is in poor condition; I am selling it AS-IS, and I have recorded how it plays on my system, a Technics 1200, with a Shure N447 cartridge, which is very forgiving on records in poor condition. Your set-up may not perform the same depending on the type of cartridge, tonearm, settings, etc.
the first 3 of the 6 songs on this one-sided acetate are flaking and chipping, and will not play at all.
The last 3 are very touch-and-go, but still mostly play;
Track #4 'So In Love' would possibly appeal to fans of the Belgian Popcorn sound. it plays fairly well, but hangs up during playback. An edit could be made in order to preserve this complete track, which to my knowledge and research on the web, has never seen the light of day.
Track #5 'Violets For Your Furs' hung up several times as well, but could be mostly heard, and could be edited together in order to hear or release the complete tune.
the last track "Good Bye" plays very well from beginning to end.
I Worry Bout You ended up on The Soulful Moods of Marvin Gaye album... and I've always loved it.

Laserdk
12-16-2015, 05:12 PM
soulwally,

"I Worry 'Bout You" ended up on the "Moods Of Marvin Gaye" album and not the earlier "The Soulful Moods Of Marvin Gaye" album.

Ivor

wedgeville
12-17-2015, 03:32 AM
Where did you find this information?

www.dftmc.info [[http://www.dftmc.info)

Don't forget The Motor City

Track listing is up on the bonus tracks/additional info ...

1 As Long As She Needs Me
[[Lionel Bart)
Note: from musical and film "Oliver"
Produced by George Gordy, Johnny Allen
Band track recorded at the Graystone Ballroom, Detroit on August 6, 1963, lead vocal added February 7, 1965
2 I've Got It Bad [[And That Ain't Good)
[[Duke Ellington-Paul Webster)
Produced by George Gordy, Johnny Allen
Band track recorded at the Graystone Ballroom, Detroit on August 6, 1963, lead vocal added February 7, 1965
3 Baby Baby Come Home
[[Clarence Paul-Morris Ervin)
Produced by Clarence Paul
Band track recorded September 17, 1964 and assigned to the Four Tops, Marvin’s lead vocal added January 18, 1965
4 All My Life
[[William Stevenson-Clarence Paul-Marvin Gaye)
Produced by William Stevenson, Clarence Paul
Band track recorded January 27, 1965 and assigned to Ivy Jo, Marvin’s lead vocal added March 8, 1965
5 Say When [version 1]
[[John Bristol)
Produced by Harvey Fuqua
Band track recorded May 13, 1965, lead vocal added May 16, voices added May 27, 1965
Version 2 recorded 1966, and released on Motown CD 31452-0319 Love Starved Heart: Rare And Unreleased, June 21, 1994
6 The More I See You
[[Mack Gordon-Harry Warren)
Note: from film "Diamond Horseshoe"
Produced by William Stevenson
Recorded in New York August 10, 1965
7 I Wish You Love
[[Charles Trenet-Leo Chauliac-Albert Beach)
8 The End Of A Love Affair
[[Edward C. Redding)
9 Violets For Your Furs
[[Tom Adair-Matt Dennis)
10 So In Love
[[Cole Porter)
Note: from musical and film "Kiss Me Kate"
11 If I Had To Go On Without You
[[Morris Broadnax-Carnell Draw)
12 You're All That Matters To Me
[[Carnell Draw-Morris Broadnax)
13 Good-Bye
[[Gordon Jenkins)
14 Fanny
[[Harold Rome)
Note: from musical “Fanny”
Produced by Marc Gordon, Hal Davis
Band track recorded in California [[probably) January 1965, lead vocal added July 14, 1965
15 Dear Heart
[[Jay Livingston-Ray Evans-Henry Mancini)
Note: from film “Dear Heart”
Band track recorded in California [[probably) January 1965, lead vocal added February 3 and July 14, 1965
16 Fly Me To The Moon [[In Other Words)
[[Bart Howard)
Produced by Hal Davis, Marc Gordon
Recorded in California [[probably) January 1965
17 What's New
[[Johnny Burke-Bob Haggart)
Band track recorded in California [[probably) January 1965, lead vocal added February 5, 1965
18 All The Way
[[Sammy Cahn-Jimmy Van Heusen)
Note: from film “The Joker Is Wild”
Band track recorded in California [[probably) January 1965, lead vocal added February 1 and 5, 1965
19 More [[Theme From “Mondo Cane”)
[[Norman Newell-Riz Ortolani-Nino Oliviero)
Note: from film "Mondo Cane"
20 Maria
[[Stephen Sondheim-Leonard Bernstein)
Note: from musical and film "West Side Story"
21 Where Are You
[[Harold Adamson-Jimmy McHugh)
Note: from musical "Top Of The Town"
Band track recorded in California [[probably) January 1965, lead vocal added July 14, 1965
22 Quiet Nights Of Quiet Stars [[Corcovado)
[[Gene Lees-Antonio Jobim)
Band track recorded in California [[probably) January 1965, lead vocal added February 3, 1965
23 Emily
[[Johnny Mercer-Johnny Mandel)
Note: from film "The Americanization of Emily"
Band track recorded in California [[probably) January 1965, lead vocal added February 1 and July 21, 1965
24 I've Got Your Number
[[Carolyn Leigh-Cy Coleman)
Note: from musical "Little Me"
Produced by Harvey Fuqua, Johnny Bristol
Band track recorded in New York November 4, 1965, lead vocal and instrumental dub-in November 11, 1965
25 On A Wonderful Day Like Today
[[Leslie Bricusse-Anthony Newley)
Note: from musical "The Roar Of The Greasepaint - The Smell Of The Crowd"
Produced by Harvey Fuqua, Johnny Bristol
Band track recorded in New York November 4, 1965, lead vocal added November 4, instrumental dub-in November 11, 1965

Produced by Harry Weinger, with assistance from Andy Flory and Keith Hughes
Tracks 6, 11, 12, 14-21 and 23-25 mixed by John Morales, all other tracks original Motown mixes
All tracks mastered by Seth Foster
All tracks recorded at Hitsville USA Studio, Detroit, except as otherwise noted
All tracks previously unreleased
Annotations by Keith Hughes, www.dftmc.info [[http://www.dftmc.info), with many thanks to Andy Flory

Wayne

soulwally
12-17-2015, 05:55 AM
soulwally,

"I Worry 'Bout You" ended up on the "Moods Of Marvin Gaye" album and not the earlier "The Soulful Moods Of Marvin Gaye" album.

Ivor
Ivor, you're totally correct. I should have got the title correct because I had the album. It was the second Motown LP I bought, after the Tempts' Greatest Hits. I bought it on UK Tamla Motown [[stereo) from a secondhand record shop in Northern Ireland while youth hostelling in 1967... and carried it around in my rucksack for the rest of the holiday!

carole cucumber
12-17-2015, 07:25 AM
www.dftmc.info [[http://www.dftmc.info)

Don't forget The Motor City

Track listing is up on the bonus tracks/additional info ...

Produced by Harry Weinger, with assistance from Andy Flory and Keith Hughes
Tracks 6, 11, 12, 14-21 and 23-25 mixed by John Morales, all other tracks original Motown mixes
All tracks mastered by Seth Foster
All tracks recorded at Hitsville USA Studio, Detroit, except as otherwise noted
All tracks previously unreleased
Annotations by Keith Hughes, www.dftmc.info [[http://www.dftmc.info), with many thanks to Andy Flory

Wayne

I've gone to DFTMC but do not see an area where the composite of this release is listed. I did note that titles are included in the full listing of Marvin Gaye recordings within Artists A-Z area.
Wayne, do you have a "different" edition of DFTMC than the general public????

lakedistrictlad1
12-17-2015, 07:45 AM
I've gone to DFTMC but do not see an area where the composite of this release is listed. I did note that titles are included in the full listing of Marvin Gaye recordings within Artists A-Z area.
Wayne, do you have a "different" edition of DFTMC than the general public????

CAROLE - Here's the link.

http://www.dftmc.info/bonus/b-00.html

alanh
12-17-2015, 07:51 AM
Carole - go to the 'Bonus Tracks additional material' section at the bottom of the menu page. You'll find track details for both of the new 1965 compilations there along with other 'unreleased' sets.

Keith - I think this is an appropriate point to thank you for all your fantastic work with DFTMC. It really is a treasure trove for us Motown fans. But even more so, in these days of digital only releases it is absolutely fantastic that we have somewhere to go and find out about the music. To listen to these unreleased compilations 'blind' is missing so much. Thank you for your stirling work.

alanh
12-17-2015, 07:52 AM
You beat me to it lakedistrictlad while I was typing!

snakepit
12-17-2015, 07:58 AM
Yes I thank Keith as well..great work.

snakepit
12-17-2015, 12:55 PM
3 tracks from unreleased 1965 featured on Soulful Shack this week

carole cucumber
12-17-2015, 02:03 PM
CAROLE - Here's the link.

Here's where the link takes me :

1963, 1964 & Dorsey Burnette

No 1965 or Marvin Gaye.

I'm the U.S.A. but it seems that those in the U. K. are able to access all the current issues under bonus material, while I am not????????

Is there anyone else in the U.S. who cannot access the latest additions?

johnny_raven
12-17-2015, 02:32 PM
I'm in the US and I can access it. Try these links ...

http://www.dftmc.info/bonus/b-04.html

http://www.dftmc.info/bonus/b-05.html

booty
12-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Go to the Dorsey Burnette listing and click NEXT. That brings up Motown Unreleased 1965. To get to the Marvin Gaye Unreleased click NEXT at the bottom of the Motown unreleased 1965 page.

The front page on the bonus material just needs updating.

johnny_raven
12-17-2015, 03:10 PM
The front page on the bonus material just needs updating.

Not necessarily ... I can see the main bonus page with the 2 new additions ...

RossHolloway
12-17-2015, 03:23 PM
I had no problem getting to the links.

booty
12-17-2015, 04:22 PM
Strange. My copy of DFTMC is dated 16th December 2015 but only 1963, 1964 & Dorsey Burnette unreleased are showing on the front page of the Bonus Material section!

Laserdk
12-17-2015, 05:56 PM
Sadly no. There are only different mixes left of tracks already released. Unless something is there which has not been recorded on the paperwork. I can only sit and wait and hope!

For example, the second version of "[[We've Got) Honey Love" with a lead by Sandy was released after the Anthology. Not surprisingly, Cal chose her lead vocal for the Anthology version!

John,

I've heard the Sandra Tilley lead version of "[[We've Got) Honey Love" but didn't realise it had been released. What compilation is that little beauty on please as it seems to have passed me by?

Ivor

Laserdk
12-17-2015, 06:00 PM
Ivor, you're totally correct. I should have got the title correct because I had the album. It was the second Motown LP I bought, after the Tempts' Greatest Hits. I bought it on UK Tamla Motown [[stereo) from a secondhand record shop in Northern Ireland while youth hostelling in 1967... and carried it around in my rucksack for the rest of the holiday!

Soulwally,

What a great memory and almost as good as that actual album you carried around Northern Ireland in your rucksack. One of Marvin's very best albums, in my opinion of course.

Ivor

theboyfromxtown
12-17-2015, 06:03 PM
John,

I've heard the Sandra Tilley lead version of "[[We've Got) Honey Love" but didn't realise it had been released. What compilation is that little beauty on please as it seems to have passed me by?

Ivor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ajCPpLp8og&list=PL7D22569686E6DC64

theboyfromxtown
12-17-2015, 06:13 PM
I doubt it passed you by Ivor.....Motown Treasures....NOT the Velvelettes ANTHOLOGY

theboyfromxtown
12-17-2015, 06:21 PM
IT's YOU dear.............and you have it wrong. The version on the Velvelettes Anthology is Cal.

Cal chose the versions to be used for this cd. She was as surprised as I was that Sandy had recorded a lead vocal.

westgrandboulevard
12-17-2015, 06:59 PM
Theboyfromxtown....

I'm thinking that, in the above post, you're responding not to Laserdk/Ivor, but to my own post - which I then deleted, when I saw you had already answered.

Re my comment in that post : "is it me, or just a temporary blip, but...." - yes, being able to view the link was indeed just a temporary blip for me....and I can now see/hear it.

I also said in the deleted post that the Sandra Tilley version is on the Anthology.

Although something did tell me it was on another release, I got out my Anthology copy and gave it a quick listen.

I'll believe you, although the lead voice isn't as immediately identifiable as Cal .....so I then checked it on DFTMC, which states it is Sandy's lead vocal on that Anthology version of '[[We've Got) Honey Love'.

So....DFTMC has incorrectly credited the lead vocals for '[[We've Got) Honey Love' on 'Motown Sings Motown Treasures' and 'Anthology'?

johnny_raven
12-17-2015, 07:27 PM
Many years ago, a friend sent me several unreleased Motown songs on cassette and Sandy's version of WGHL was on it. But my friend credited it to The Elgins.

theboyfromxtown
12-17-2015, 07:34 PM
Many years ago, a friend sent me several unreleased Motown songs on cassette and Sandy's version of WGHL was on it. But my friend credited it to The Elgins.

Oh dear John......I hope you put your friend right!

johnny_raven
12-17-2015, 07:36 PM
Oh dear John......I hope you put your friend right!

The second Motown Treasures was released, maybe 5 years after he sent it to me ...

keith_hughes
12-18-2015, 01:38 PM
Thx to all who posted kind words re DFTMC site. Hope everyone can see the new material now. We forgot to update the home page "latest version" date - have mentioned it to Ritchie. Yes, the site is wrong about where the different versions of "Honey Love" are available.

Laserdk
12-18-2015, 05:27 PM
I doubt it passed you by Ivor.....Motown Treasures....NOT the Velvelettes ANTHOLOGY

Oh thanks John, of course "Motown Sings Motown Treasures" is where Sandy's lead vocal version is. Honestly, I'm finding it a bit worrying on occasions where my mind is behaving like the proverbial sieve as some important facts don't readily spring to mind. Still, on a positive note I'm glad the "Motown Treasures" double CD set has come up in this conversation as it's a bloody good compilation and I've just turned it out to give it a long overdue spin at the weekend so thanks for that. And thanks to Keith for acknowledging the track information of DFTMC is incorrect in respect of these two versions by the mesmerising Velvelettes!

Ivor

mistercarter2u
12-21-2015, 11:17 AM
Can someone send me the link to where I can find the song and recording info about these the tracks on this [[Motown Unreleased 1965) collection? Please....

RossHolloway
12-21-2015, 11:43 AM
Can someone send me the link to where I can find the song and recording info about these the tracks on this [[Motown Unreleased 1965) collection? Please....
See post #65 above for links.

jobeterob
12-21-2015, 06:04 PM
Seems like you guys got an excellent Christmas present in all this!

762rob
12-21-2015, 11:40 PM
Is this a download? Where can I buy it? [[These Marvin Gaye tracks)

booty
12-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Only in Korea!

762rob
12-22-2015, 06:02 PM
Yes, I am sure enjoying these cuts Motown '65 - ALL of them.
By '65 Motown was really cooking! Love it!
Ivy Jo is awesome! Love the Miracles MOR stuff with Micky Stevenson....

762rob
12-24-2015, 09:11 AM
motownjohnny:

This is supposed to be a collection of previously unreleased tracks from 1965, so is the version of "Funny How Time Slips Away" by Stevie Wonder different from the one released as the original B Side to "High Heel Sneakers" [[Tamla 54105) and also as the final track on side 2 of the "Recorded Live, The Motortown Revue In Paris" album [[Tamla 254)?

The Amazon website doesn't indicate this as being an alternate recording, so if it isn't, I'm surprised it's included in this set."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tamla 254 is The Miracles Greatest Hits From The Beginning
Tamla 267 is the Motortown Revue Live In Paris

honest man
01-15-2016, 06:36 PM
https://youtu.be/_G0LzgNtVhQ?list=PLUSRfoOcUe4Zs9w7pBDtt94SohD1M8X3 m All on you tube as well as marvin 65,but will not play any offers to help out,cheers