PDA

View Full Version : Info required, please.

test

Cosmic Truth
12-09-2015, 05:41 PM
Can anyone tell me the name of the company that sells loads of remastered soul and funk CD's, most of them Motown iirc, please?

Philles/Motown Gary
12-09-2015, 08:47 PM
Cosmic Truth, you're most likely thinking of ACE [[Kent) Records out of the U.K., or Big Break Records [[BBR). They're both famous for reissuing some fine-sounding Motown product -- still on CD, thank God!

soulster
12-10-2015, 12:06 AM
Big Break [[bbr) sounds good? Yeah...right.

Cosmic Truth
12-10-2015, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I was searching around, and saw the name of the company. It was Hip-O Select I was thinking of.

Philles/Motown Gary
12-10-2015, 04:04 AM
You're welcome, Cosmic Truth. You're right -- Hip-oSelect was the Cadillac of Motown reissue labels -- oftentimes releasing deluxe, expanded CD box sets that we've all known and loved. Unfortunately, Universal shut 'em down a year or two ago. Hip-oSelect is now but a mere memory -- greatly loved and sorely missed.

Bluebrock
12-10-2015, 06:26 AM
You're welcome, Cosmic Truth. You're right -- Hip-oSelect was the Cadillac of Motown reissue labels -- oftentimes releasing deluxe, expanded CD box sets that we've all known and loved. Unfortunately, Universal shut 'em down a year or two ago. Hip-oSelect is now but a mere memory -- greatly loved and sorely missed.

Very sorely missed. I treasure my beautifully presented hip o select cds. The info contained in the sleevenotes was superb and the remastering was always top notch.

Cosmic Truth
12-10-2015, 04:41 PM

That a shame.

Philles/Motown Gary
12-10-2015, 08:04 PM
That a shame.

Yeah, it's really sad, and most of us Motown fans are still in mourning. For years, Universal treated Hip-oSelect, MotownSelect, and us Motown fans like royalty. Thanks to Harry, Andy, and George, they really cared. They listened carefully to what we wanted, and they came through beautifully for us for years. Then, without warning, something happened and it all fell apart. All we can do now is bite the bullet and embrace what's left.

Bluebrock
12-11-2015, 12:35 PM
Yeah, it's really sad, and most of us Motown fans are still in mourning. For years, Universal treated Hip-oSelect, MotownSelect, and us Motown fans like royalty. Thanks to Harry, Andy, and George, they really cared. They listened carefully to what we wanted, and they came through beautifully for us for years. Then, without warning, something happened and it all fell apart. All we can do now is bite the bullet and embrace what's left.

As you rightly say, for several years Motown fans were treated like royalty. Now we are treated like sh*t!!